Emp_Dragon
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Reni

Re: Comic forApril 25, 2020: Dragon Defense

#16 Post by Emp_Dragon »

Scow2 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:26 pm
Bellhead wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:07 pm
JayJayForce wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:16 am
Bellhead wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:00 am Modesty my behind. Have you SEEN Nora? Believe me, nobody here's gonna care.

To be honest, I'd almost bet she'd be more comfortable as a nude dragon than a bikini clad human. It is her natural form, after all.
I'm not so sure about that. A Human's natural form is being naked, arguably in basic light skins, but most people nowadays won't be comfortable being seen like that in public. Culture has an enormous impact on how a person acts.

Remember, Reni may be a dragon biologically, but culturally she's Human. She's been raised by Humans and been around them her whole life. Her values are going to be much the same as a Humans from that world.
Be that as it may, I think it's a little more complicated. As a dragon, she doesn't have the... features that make nudity such an issue for humans.
Yes she does. Even if they're not drawn due to the style (same reason female Kiedran "features" aren't drawn), and humans aren't looking for/at them, she is very aware that they are there.
Eh, no. A dragon is not a mammal, and thus have no more features than a lizard or bird. Animals that doesn't nurse feed their young has no breasts.
And no mammalian lower genitals either, just an almost invisible slit opening to the cloaca.

Scow2
Citizen

#17 Post by Scow2 »

Emp_Dragon wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:00 pm
Bellhead wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:00 am Modesty my behind. Have you SEEN Nora? Believe me, nobody here's gonna care.

To be honest, I'd almost bet she'd be more comfortable as a nude dragon than a bikini clad human. It is her natural form, after all.
I'm not so sure about that. A Human's natural form is being naked, arguably in basic light skins, but most people nowadays won't be comfortable being seen like that in public. Culture has an enormous impact on how a person acts.

Remember, Reni may be a dragon biologically, but culturally she's Human. She's been raised by Humans and been around them her whole life. Her values are going to be much the same as a Humans from that world.
Be that as it may, I think it's a little more complicated. As a dragon, she doesn't have the... features that make nudity such an issue for humans.
Yes she does. Even if they're not drawn due to the style (same reason female Kiedran "features" aren't drawn), and humans aren't looking for/at them, she is very aware that they are there.
Eh, no. A dragon is not a mammal, and thus have no more features than a lizard or bird. Animals that doesn't nurse feed their young has no breasts.
And no mammalian lower genitals either, just an almost invisible slit opening to the cloaca.
She doesn't have breasts, but she still has a sleek chest and VERY shapely butt. She may not have all the external structure of a human, but what she does have is still there - with a big long tail leading right to it!

Emp_Dragon
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Reni

#18 Post by Emp_Dragon »

Scow2 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:08 pm
Emp_Dragon wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:00 pm

She doesn't have breasts, but she still has a sleek chest and VERY shapely butt. She may not have all the external structure of a human, but what she does have is still there - with a big long tail leading right to it!
Shapely hind quarters I can agree with you there all the way XD

Warrl
Grand Templar

#19 Post by Warrl »

JayJayForce wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:18 pm True true. She doesn't have the features that make it an issue (in most Human cultures at least, there are exceptions) in her Dragon form.
But there's a Basitin among them. And her ankles are exposed. All four of them!

I'm sure plenty of women would be perfectly fine wearing a bikini but freak out if caught just in their underwear
...that covers about twice as much of their skin as the bikini would...
Now one of the traits many Humans associate with being civilized is clothing. If something wears clothing its a person, if not its an animal.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Comic for April 25, 2020: Dragon Defense

#20 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I find it kinda endearing how Reni is embarrassed at the situation despite being the least concerning issue at the moment.
That being said i think tha Reni is the character that is the most body-conscious, is that the proper term? In the cast. That is understandable, despite being a rather shy and sweet girl she is probably, to much of her dismay, the center of attention everywhere she goes. As she is not only a dragon she is also royalty. I think this lends to a much better explanation to her human form than: "I am not sure how [expletive(?)] are supposed to look like" She already draws to much attention for her own liking even outside dragon form, again a royal, so she would prefer a much more discreet shape: "I do not want everyone to stare at me" And just for comic relief: "besides I am not even sure how they are supposed to look like"
On that note Reni says she is not mammalian. But didn't she also said that one of her grandparents was a dragon and the other one a human royal: Which started the whole dragon-royal line So doesn't that make her part human? I mean she can shapeshift so any discussion about her "true/original form" is basically moot but still she is culturally human, raised by humans, probably one or both of her parents are dragons yet she does have some human blood right?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Diabolicon
Citizen

#21 Post by Diabolicon »

I think that since dragons being creatures of almost pure magic, that no matter who/what they mate with their children are dragons. But Reni could've been raised among humans.

That said...They punch the Reni, they must die!!!

JonahAndTheWolf
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Adira

#22 Post by JonahAndTheWolf »

Guys help I think naked Reni is making me into a scalie

All kidding aside...I'd like to change my bets on the party's chances on getting out of this okay, given that they can apparently stagger Reni.
Grumpily succumbing to the moral imperative of tentacle-delivered pleasure like a good utilitarian :evil:

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#23 Post by AmigaDragon »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:03 pm I find it kinda endearing how Reni is embarrassed at the situation despite being the least concerning issue at the moment.
That being said i think tha Reni is the character that is the most body-conscious, is that the proper term? In the cast.
While her secret is out to most (or is it all now, did Maren or Sythe notice?) in groups A & B, Natani is pretty close for body-consciousness (still wearing bindings, while Flora, Mike & Evals are naked).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

JonahAndTheWolf
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Adira

#24 Post by JonahAndTheWolf »

AmigaDragon wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:39 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:03 pm I find it kinda endearing how Reni is embarrassed at the situation despite being the least concerning issue at the moment.
That being said i think tha Reni is the character that is the most body-conscious, is that the proper term? In the cast.
While her secret is out to most (or is it all now, did Maren or Sythe notice?) in groups A & B, Natani is pretty close for body-consciousness (still wearing bindings, while Flora, Mike & Evals are naked).
Don't forget Raine still wearing an actual robe over her bathing suit.
Grumpily succumbing to the moral imperative of tentacle-delivered pleasure like a good utilitarian :evil:

SilentYay
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Lady Nora

#25 Post by SilentYay »

Just as an aside, I think it's fascinating that the majority of this conversation has been about Reni's modesty and not her potential combat prowess. XD Also, how is there not a Reni emoticon??? I am disappoint!

Tom
The Artist

#26 Post by Tom »

SilentYay wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:04 am Just as an aside, I think it's fascinating that the majority of this conversation has been about Reni's modesty and not her potential combat prowess. XD Also, how is there not a Reni emoticon??? I am disappoint!
There is now! :reni: :heart:

SilentYay
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Lady Nora

#27 Post by SilentYay »

Tom wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:48 am
SilentYay wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:04 am Just as an aside, I think it's fascinating that the majority of this conversation has been about Reni's modesty and not her potential combat prowess. XD Also, how is there not a Reni emoticon??? I am disappoint!
There is now! :reni: :heart:
:shock: :mrgrin: :reni: :heart:

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#28 Post by Hulk10 »

Does she mean she hates fighting in dragon form?
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

vevans0009
New Citizen

#29 Post by vevans0009 »

Hulk10 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:57 am Does she mean she hates fighting in dragon form?
….How did you come to that conclusion? Nothing in there said that she HATED being a dragon. 8I

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#30 Post by Bellhead »

vevans0009 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:37 am
Hulk10 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:57 am Does she mean she hates fighting in dragon form?
….How did you come to that conclusion? Nothing in there said that she HATED being a dragon. 8I
Yeah. Like most people raised among humans then complaining about modesty when being forced to fight completely nude.

Who WOULDN'T want to fight as a "freakin' dragon"?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.