Comic for March 21st, 2020: Back to the Forbidden Corridor

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

Comic for March 21st, 2020: Back to the Forbidden Corridor

#1 Post by CrRAR »

Thinking maybe Rockboy is happy to see papa? Still, that flying pounce is bound to hurt without some magic intervention by Trace... or otherwise.

Twitter Image:
(click for large)
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Comic for March 21st, 2020: Back to the Forbidden Corridor

#2 Post by Bellhead »

I think it was more like a sudden reaction to intruders, like a dog in the time between when the doorbell rings and when your friend lowers their hand for the dog to sniff. Next page, I bet the guardian stops at the realization that it's Trace, or else is stopped by whatever monstrosity lurks behind that door.

Also, Flora: Reasonable guess, but doubtful. Old Trace's magic was pretty solid in its construction, I doubt one additional body would throw a teleport off by all that much.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#3 Post by Envy661 »

Trace's glove magically disappeared in the first panel, and his hand underneath is fine. Epic foreshadowing, or massive oversight?

My guess: Tom probably drew the image facing to the right, then flipped it after when he was laying out the page (probably) and just forgot about covering the hand.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

targetdrone
Traveler

#4 Post by targetdrone »

daaaw.... he's just happy to see trace again ;)
Insert signature here

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#5 Post by BadFoMo »

CrRAR wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:20 amThinking maybe Rockboy is happy to see papa?
I could see that happening, but something also says that this is going to be a serious, no comedy chapter.

P.S. Insert my usual request for the first version of the page here (blast my irregular sleep patterns and forgetting the Saturday is update day!).
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#6 Post by AmigaDragon »

Looking like an attack, I doubt this guardian is capable of hurting Trace (other than by accident). In fact, I think that "WARK!" in the last panel is it suddenly stopping rigid as the stone it's made of (will it fall over from momentum or off-balance stance, or remain standing?).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#7 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Wouldnt be supriced if theres gonna be a suprice pounce and alot of cuddles from that "rockboy". :kathrin:
BUT only our lord and savior Tomas knows!
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#8 Post by Hulk10 »

This could be interesting.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Loveknowsbest
Citizen

#9 Post by Loveknowsbest »

I bet this turns out to be Like the flintstones when fred comes home and Dino pounces on him.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#10 Post by CrRAR »

Tesla Foxtrot wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:02 pm Wouldnt be supriced if theres gonna be a suprice pounce and alot of cuddles from that "rockboy". :kathrin:
BUT only our lord and savior Tomas knows!
Loveknowsbest wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:48 pm I bet this turns out to be Like the flintstones when fred comes home and Dino pounces on him.
Hurry someone toss him a biscuit, maybe a whole box. I have a sense someone gots some sweet sweet exposition-heavy ‘splainin to do.

“Welllll Trace... I bet you’re wondering just why you’re hehheh-hereeeee

:shock:

*viscious biscuit box mauling noises in background*
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Cpt. H.L. Rodney
New Citizen

#11 Post by Cpt. H.L. Rodney »

Oh God! D: God no, I hope that thing stands down before it hurts someone ono; Can't have either of these two get hurt already

Heck, I hope it's just a good, obedient lapdog to Trace and present company in the next page o3o;

On the other hand, Trace better be quick if he wants to defend his family! Would be a shame if he has no choice but to destroy that guardian, though, that could come in very handy down the line. All the same, let us pray they're either rescued, can escape, or have a little period of relative safety o.o;

the lapdog option everyone's thinking of course, I can see being likely xD That'd be pretty funny to see that even old Trace got pounced by something!

Edit: I just realized something: there's still that other door in the side passage, the passage the guardian is hiding in! Maybe we'll find out what's in there? They could make a rush to it, it could be a way out, or maybe one of Trace's other personal rooms, like where he might've kept information? Information Trace may be looking for, about his old self... that *could* give him more understanding over said old self, perhaps even an advantage ouo Heck, maybe Rose could be waiting for them on the other side (hopefully with an explanation) Why is Stonie hiding in there instead of back on his pedestal, though? You'd think he would have gone back to it after Maddie and Karen escaped.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#12 Post by AmigaDragon »

Cpt. H.L. Rodney wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:17 amYou'd think he would have gone back to it after Maddie and Karen escaped.
"Escaped" makes it sound to me like they had something to do with getting out of there themselves. They were extracted, sent to time-out (dungeon). :Maddie: :karen:
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Cpt. H.L. Rodney
New Citizen

#13 Post by Cpt. H.L. Rodney »

AmigaDragon wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:06 am
Cpt. H.L. Rodney wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:17 amYou'd think he would have gone back to it after Maddie and Karen escaped.
"Escaped" makes it sound to me like they had something to do with getting out of there themselves. They were extracted, sent to time-out (dungeon). :Maddie: :karen:
Point still stands, regardless

Warrl
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Warrl »

My guess: Stone can't move when there's nobody else in that hallway. So wherever he was when Maddie and Karen were transferred out of it (after adjusting for his existing momentum, balance, and gravity), that's where he stayed.

His thus being off his pedestal would alert Trace, next time he comes by, that someone had been in the hallway.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#15 Post by AmigaDragon »

Warrl wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:20 am His thus being off his pedestal would alert Trace, next time he comes by, that someone had been in the hallway.
It would if this were old Trace, new Trace knows nothing about the statue/guardian, including where it should be standing. Correction, he knows one thing, that something is coming behind him.