Comic for March 7th, 2020: Chapter 20 Epilogue

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Comic for March 7th, 2020: Chapter 20 Epilogue

#1 Post by Bellhead »

Must've come through while she was chasing Maeve. This is just sad. She's just about as honest and true as they come.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

Re: Comic for March 7th, 2020: Chapter 20 Epilogue

#2 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Hmm... so this is how Maeve gets involved, she goes looking for help to try to get her mom back (my assumption anyway). And yeow, the RED is visible from down in the town? Even if we hadn't already seen just how thoroughly Things Are Going Down from the inside, that would be a major hint. If it were full night instead of just sunset that'd have to light up the mountainside like a beacon, but even still someone aside from just Maeve will have to have noticed it. I suppose this could be a way to get other of the town characters involved besides Maeve.

And yeah, they definitely came through while she was out after Maeve. Thinking about it, that might even have saved both of their lives - I doubt Clovis and his bunch would have batted an eye at killing anyone who might have tried to raise the alarm before they were ready to pull the trigger. It does make one worry a bit for the safety of anyone on the *other* side of the Riftwall. And Adira isn't in for a fun time, that's for sure - nobody is going to be feeling very charitable towards any keidran right now, even non-canines, let alone anyone they think might have possibly had anything to do with it.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#3 Post by Eclipse »

Really Tom? It wasn't enough for all of Teams A and B to get caught up in this [censored], now you have to make Maeve suffer too? Welp, guess we know how Maeve ends up caught in this mess.

Man, next chapter is going to be a doozy.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#4 Post by CrRAR »

Eclipse wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:25 amnow you have to make Maeve suffer too? Welp, guess we know how Maeve ends up caught in this mess.
IHeartMaeve can at least now sure be satisfied. :mrgrin:
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#5 Post by tony1695 »

While it sucks that this is happening, they really are doing what they think is right with the information they have. Adira and Maeve just have the misfortune to be caught in the middle of it all.

Also, the portal has been offline since the war started. I wonder what specifically happened, though. Has the tavern on the other side been occupied, has the portal been somehow moved, or was the exit point changed?
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by Bellhead »

tony1695 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:30 am Also, the portal has been offline since the war started. I wonder what specifically happened, though. Has the tavern on the other side been occupied, has the portal been somehow moved, or was the exit point changed?
More likely it was commandeered by the wolves, who restricted access and cast some kind of spell to block vision. I doubt they would change the exit or entry points, given the convenience of a tavern as a base of operations and temporary accommodations for soldiers.

Just makes more sense for them to darken it, to prevent people from accidentally wandering into their lair.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Rafe
Council Member

#7 Post by Rafe »

I notice that Adira didn't say anything along the lines of "Hey wait, my daughter's here alone! I can't just leave her!" I assume this was on purpose.

For whatever reason, she felt it was safer to Keep Maeve out of whatever might happen to her. Maybe she has some idea, or even a plan worked out for such things. Maybe she's hoping Maeve can find one of the few friends she knows - Flora or Trace.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#8 Post by tony1695 »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:50 am
tony1695 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:30 am Also, the portal has been offline since the war started. I wonder what specifically happened, though. Has the tavern on the other side been occupied, has the portal been somehow moved, or was the exit point changed?
More likely it was commandeered by the wolves, who restricted access and cast some kind of spell to block vision. I doubt they would change the exit or entry points, given the convenience of a tavern as a base of operations and temporary accommodations for soldiers.

Just makes more sense for them to darken it, to prevent people from accidentally wandering into their lair.
Depends on how far out of the way it would be to get troops to the tavern.
Gentlementlemen

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#9 Post by CrRAR »

Rafe wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:08 am I notice that Adira didn't say anything along the lines of "Hey wait, my daughter's here alone! I can't just leave her!" I assume this was on purpose.

For whatever reason, she felt it was safer to Keep Maeve out of whatever might happen to her. Maybe she has some idea, or even a plan worked out for such things. Maybe she's hoping Maeve can find one of the few friends she knows - Flora or Trace.
Adira indeed strikes me to be one to have the tact to not reveal more than necessary out of caution for Maeve. She's smart, especially street-smart.

What I am more curious about is the nature of these guards' inquest, why can't they question her where she is... are these guards acting at Kei's orders? It's been mentioned Adira is a valued member of the Edinmire community. I would think with her respected status and if they knew her whole family situation they'd approach her questioning domestically and, tbh, a bit more cordially. Perhaps over a beer. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, after all. :P It just seems like hasty treatment to get her somewhere else. I guess we'll find out.

Interrogation Scene [INT]
Guard: "We've heard from reputable sources you licked the former Grand Templar. *squints eyes* WHAT DO YOU KNOW!?"
Adira: "..." "Is THAT what this is about!?" pfffhahaha
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#10 Post by BadFoMo »

I'm probably going to feel stupid again, but how did they get word that the Wolfs came through there?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#11 Post by tony1695 »

BadFoMo wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:05 am I'm probably going to feel stupid again, but how did they get word that the Wolfs came through there?
Riftwall Tavern was apparently famous for the portal within, and was named for such. Given that it was linked to a place 'far to the west', that would almost surely place it near wolf territory. With the war, the odds of it falling into belligerent wolf hands' is pretty good.
Gentlementlemen

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by aitaituo »

CrRAR wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:44 am What I am more curious about is the nature of these guards' inquest, why can't they question her where she is...
IRL, it's standard to question someone at a police station or the scene of the crime.

Qwe304
Citizen

#13 Post by Qwe304 »

something of note, the transcript names the charactrer as "guardian", not soldier like the other pages.
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#14 Post by Yastreb »

CrRAR wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:44 am
Rafe wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:08 am I notice that Adira didn't say anything along the lines of "Hey wait, my daughter's here alone! I can't just leave her!" I assume this was on purpose.

Adira indeed strikes me to be one to have the tact to not reveal more than necessary out of caution for Maeve. She's smart, especially street-smart.

What I am more curious about is the nature of these guards' inquest, why can't they question her where she is... are these guards acting at Kei's orders? It's been mentioned Adira is a valued member of the Edinmire community. I would think with her respected status and if they knew her whole family situation they'd approach her questioning domestically and, tbh, a bit more cordially. Perhaps over a beer. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, after all. :P It just seems like hasty treatment to get her somewhere else. I guess we'll find out.

Interrogation Scene [INT]
Guard: "We've heard from reputable sources you licked the former Grand Templar. *squints eyes* WHAT DO YOU KNOW!?"
Adira: "..." "Is THAT what this is about!?" pfffhahaha
Actually not true.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15 Post by Bellhead »

aitaituo wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:29 am
CrRAR wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:44 am What I am more curious about is the nature of these guards' inquest, why can't they question her where she is...
IRL, it's standard to question someone at a police station or the scene of the crime.
If that's true, then they could easily have questioned her inside, rather than taking her.

Also, how long has that portal been dark? Wouldn't the town have general knowledge of it?