The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

steelabjur
Council Member

Re: Comic for February 29th, 2020: Chapter 20 End

#16 Post by steelabjur »

CrRAR wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:51 pm
AmigaDragon wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:39 pm
steelabjur wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:04 pm Might want to put those torches out. Sealed rooms + fire are not a good combination.
With the illusory trees gone (would they have burned anyway?), there's next to nothing in the room to burn. The pool is stone, the roof and columns are stone, there's tons of sand, and the torch pots are out at the end of the water-filled pool.
His concern might be CO gas which eventually would suffocate everyone (not again!), but considering they've been burning all day and the room was designed for them to be there the nature of them might somehow be harmless altogether.
Correct about the CO2. However, the room was built with magic in mind too, consider the door they went into the room is gone, and I don't see any windows or vents since the magic has gone down.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#17 Post by CrRAR »

Dadrobit wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:35 am
**EDIT**
So yeah, two years ago, a loose plan didn't quite hold up. It happens, she'll be back. :mrgrin:
Coming in clutch with the snippet, we'll have reunion time yet, IHeartMaeve will be quite happy. :3
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

wordelo
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#18 Post by wordelo »

I've been a long time reader(at least a decade) first time poster.

I just want to say I friggin LOVE THIS COMIC!

Tom's art style is amazing.
The story is amazing.
The characters are well thought out and super interesting.

I always look forward to an update. But this! This makes me squee so hard. It's been a while since some epic [expletive] went down. That blood moon is now my desktop.

My favorite moment [way back when] was when Trace summoned that dragon. I've always loved seeing trace lose control especially when his loved ones are in danger. I understand it's evil Trace and his power but if only Trace can control that magic the things he can do with it are unimaginable.

I'm a huge fan of DBZ and his power reminds me of super saiyan power. The anger, the power. Goku and Vegeta and Gohan and etc has learned to harness that power. I just wish that Trace could also.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#19 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

phpBB [video]

Nuff said ^^
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Eclipse
Templar Master

#20 Post by Eclipse »

[censored], meet fan.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#21 Post by Hulk10 »

Not loving the drama here........... *ears droop*. I sense something very bad is about to happen and maybe a beloved character will die......... I'm guessing that Flora was teleported due to touching Trace.

Of course the character death could just be my paranoia acting up again. Which it often does. But then again it sometimes doesn't..........
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#22 Post by Bellhead »

Hulk10 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:04 am Not loving the drama here........... *ears droop*. I sense something very bad is about to happen and maybe a beloved character will die......... I'm guessing that Flora was teleported due to touching Trace.

Of course the character death could just be my paranoia acting up again. Which it often does. But then again it sometimes doesn't..........
It has been long rumored that he may try something like that, too prove that the main characters aren't invincible. Personally, I feel that he could accomplish just as much with a close call between a few of the characters, like he did with Maddie but for a larger group and with longer recovery.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#23 Post by Dadrobit »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:35 am
Hulk10 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:04 am Not loving the drama here........... *ears droop*. I sense something very bad is about to happen and maybe a beloved character will die......... I'm guessing that Flora was teleported due to touching Trace.

It has been long rumored that he may try something like that, too prove that the main characters aren't invincible. Personally, I feel that he could accomplish just as much with a close call between a few of the characters, like he did with Maddie but for a larger group and with longer recovery.
Bringing up Maddie does beg the question: Is the remedy to their situation going to come from the actions of those seen here being trapped/teleported? Or is is going to come from Maddie and Lynn as they were the only primary characters present and unaffected, (Sythe as well maybe depending on what happened with the table.)? It would be a cool bit of redemption for Maddie to come out and save the day after her last defeat at the hands, (and tail) of the golem. To help prove to others and herself that her size isn't her only defining feature in the eyes of the world. :mrgrin:

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#24 Post by Yastreb »

steelabjur wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:04 pm Might want to put those torches out. Sealed rooms + fire are not a good combination.
The room has at least 10 000 cubic meters of air and likely much more. They have months before CO2 becomes a problem. CO would threaten their lives sooner, but not nearly as soon as whatever terrible is currently going on.
BadJoke wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:01 pm :shock: ... and now I think about it... when he saved/spared Laura... didn't he said it was because "she reminded him of her"? ...it may have been not to "help someone that looked like her" but to "save a few spare parts, just in case".
saw.
I doubt Tom had all this planned back in 2011, but if he did... Oh gods, thats a dark thought.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#25 Post by Hulk10 »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:35 am

I hope he doesn't kill off more major characters....... Laura's death was tragic enough............ Saria's death was also tragic. I think there has been enough death as it is.

But that notion will keep plaguing me................ I wish it wouldn't. I'm worried most about Flora.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Cpt. H.L. Rodney
New Citizen

#26 Post by Cpt. H.L. Rodney »

I don't blame you there. Not going to lie, seeing this page the first time gave me a mix of emotions, all of them negative. Disappointed, saddened/heartbroken, and for many reasons having the bejesus scared out of me for what's going to happen e3e But afterwards...

packs breaching charges, loading an assault rifle as E1M1 blares ... still scared, but I'm all up for action. As long as nothing happens to the baby whatsoever, Flora's love for Trace remains strong, and they all get out of this okay... :heart: :flora: :heart: :trace: :heart: I'm still on board. It goes without saying there is a high chance Trace may emerge from this chaos a stronger man than he was a few months ago, and his inner demon (old him) will continue to remain on a short leash. Hell, I'm hoping Maeve's assured future appearance means everyone can rest again in restored safety after this nightmare is over e3e (and maybe Trace and Flora can finally have the chance to invite everyone to their wedding ceremony too) #1 Family-to-be needs more development together as an expecting couple as they prepare for their baby in a few more months. (Which is going to be so sweet to see them grow as characters like that ^w^ :heart: all their anxieties, questions about the future, even bonding with the baby >w<) On top of some other character development arcs that'd be nice to progress on a wee bit before Clovis makes his move, later :keith: :heart: :natani: Who knows what Maeve's presence could mean? Perhaps something to do with the wedding later, perhaps? :3 Services from the Riftwall? :adira: :maeve:

On a side note, if it's Rose 'porting Trace away (with Flora unexpectedly in tow) because she needs his help to stop all this... hahahaha, then I'd say Trace owes her a drink! Hell, by the Masks, he'd owe her a whole crate of drinks! xD

As for character deaths... I hope it's only paranoia, too ene This story is not yet ready for that to happen

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#27 Post by Hulk10 »

Cpt. H.L. Rodney wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:24 am

I don't blame you there. Not going to lie, seeing this page the first time gave me a mix of emotions, all of them negative. Disappointed, saddened/heartbroken, and for many reasons having the bejesus scared out of me for what's going to happen e3e But afterwards...

packs breaching charges, loading an assault rifle as E1M1 blares ... still scared, but I'm all up for action. As long as nothing happens to the baby whatsoever, Flora's love for Trace remains strong, and they all get out of this okay... :heart: :flora: :heart: :trace: :heart: I'm still on board. It goes without saying there is a high chance Trace may emerge from this chaos a stronger man than he was a few months ago, and his inner demon (old him) will continue to remain on a short leash. Hell, I'm hoping Maeve's assured future appearance means everyone can rest again in restored safety after this nightmare is over e3e (and maybe Trace and Flora can finally have the chance to invite everyone to their wedding ceremony too) #1 Family-to-be needs more development together as an expecting couple as they prepare for their baby in a few more months. (Which is going to be so sweet to see them grow as characters like that ^w^ :heart: all their anxieties, questions about the future, even bonding with the baby >w<) On top of some other character development arcs that'd be nice to progress on a wee bit before Clovis makes his move, later :keith: :heart: :natani: Who knows what Maeve's presence could mean? Perhaps something to do with the wedding later, perhaps? :3 Services from the Riftwall? :adira: :maeve:

On a side note, if it's Rose 'porting Trace away (with Flora unexpectedly in tow) because she needs his help to stop all this... hahahaha, then I'd say Trace owes her a drink! Hell, by the Masks, he'd owe her a whole crate of drinks! xD

As for character deaths... I hope it's only paranoia, too ene This story is not yet ready for that to happen
You never know. And that's part of the problem. I'm sure Tom has a good idea for the stories end though.

Cpt. H.L. Rodney
New Citizen

#28 Post by Cpt. H.L. Rodney »

Hulk10 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:53 pm
Cpt. H.L. Rodney wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:24 am

You never know. And that's part of the problem. I'm sure Tom has a good idea for the stories end though.
Yeah, that's what sucks about being out of the loop sometimes xP Fans like us can't help but worry from time to time. Best thing to do is hope for the best. And yeah, Tom has an idea for how the story will end, but that's a discussion that's a tad too early to be talking about (another discussion for a later year). Since, needless to say, the story isn't even close to halfway done ;P

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#29 Post by Hulk10 »

You put it perfectly.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#30 Post by aitaituo »

Rafe wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:00 am For those of you too busy to notice, I've been tracking Karen's swim suit - specifically the color.
I appreciate you.