Comic for February 22nd, 2020: Party's Over

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

Re: Comic for February 22nd, 2020: Party's Over

#16 Post by Yastreb »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:30 am I'd also like to point out the shear size of this room. Of we assume, by the scale of the waterfall being.. roughly 6 feet across? It has to be at least 20 feet tall. Factor in the height which the view is from, and that room has to be somewhere in the 500' plus range, in each direction besides up. There are entire BUILDINGS with less floor space. :shock:

Just how big IS this estate?
AmigaDragon wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:10 am I'm thinking more like 6' or so at the narrow end of the pool, making the waterfall at least 8' wide. The sand-filled room may be near 50' square, its height fairly irrelevant but at least 2 floors high ("camera" angles can be higher than the ceiling without being blocked by it).

EDIT:
Looking back at the panel 1 detail (torches), with an 8' wide pool, the waterfall might be only 6'.
I took some measurements on the screen, and if we assume that the waterfall plus edges is 3 meters wide then the whole room is about 40 x 45 m.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#17 Post by Bellhead »

Yastreb wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:36 pm I took some measurements on the screen, and if we assume that the waterfall plus edges is 3 meters wide then the whole room is about 40 x 45 m.
Roughly 150'? Possible...

But are you measuring the 3 m at the top of the waterfall, or at the bottom?

Also, Flora's hands shift position between panels. Scene flub, I take it?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

steelabjur
Council Member

#18 Post by steelabjur »

BadFoMo wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:18 am I don’t know what to say about what’s going on in the scene; I have a few jokes, but I think I should keep those to myself.

However, this room fascinates me! The sheer size of it, the ‘3D Skybox’ walls, its ability to spawn illusionary life forms, and what I can only guess is a water circulation/filtration system are so cool!

Although I do have a few question.
1. Where is the skybox located?
2. Why did it crumble away like that? Shouldn’t it have just… shut off?
3a. Is that a door I spy at the base of the 'pool building'?
3b. Why are these thing always hidden behind the waterfall?
For #2, I think it less "shut off" as had the mana drained from it. Assuming the room is made up of multiple illusions (which would make sense, like the crab is one discrete illusion, each wall, etc.) causing it to have an irregular rolling magical "blackout". I'm thinking the mysterious voice(s) are drawing on the mana sources throughout the manor to prepare for whatever it's planning to do to Maren, and just swiped Trace (and accidently Flora) to oversee the project.

For #3a, maybe it's a room for the magical pump that keeps the water flowing?

Emp_Dragon
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Reni

#19 Post by Emp_Dragon »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:06 pm
Yastreb wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:36 pm I took some measurements on the screen, and if we assume that the waterfall plus edges is 3 meters wide then the whole room is about 40 x 45 m.

Nah, Floras grip change is forced by Trace raising his arm, it's out stretched when she grabs him, but he has bent it upwards in the next panel as if going to an instinctive wtf. head grasp.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#20 Post by AmigaDragon »

steelabjur wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:01 pm
BadFoMo wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:18 am 3a. Is that a door I spy at the base of the 'pool building'?
3b. Why are these thing always hidden behind the waterfall?
For #3a, maybe it's a room for the magical pump that keeps the water flowing?
Looking for that door, what I see might just be a shadow or wet spot under the fall.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#21 Post by Hulk10 »

No matter what Flora does she is always cute.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#22 Post by CrRAR »

Karen’s sand angel is still there, if we know her height it wouldn’t be hard to extrapolate off that.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#23 Post by Bellhead »

CrRAR wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:57 am

Karen’s sand angel is still there, if we know her height it wouldn’t be hard to extrapolate off that.
True. She's a little shorter than Maren, so... maybe 5'6"? Maybe less? I forget if she ever got a character sheet. Or a height chart, that would work too.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Willsey
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#24 Post by Willsey »

She doesn't have a character sheet? How can we get on that? haha

imalbert
Master

#25 Post by imalbert »

Then suddenly, Flora vanished with a Trace.

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#26 Post by Yastreb »

CrRAR wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:57 am

I assumed the width stays the same. I used the measurement at the bottom, because it is the same distance from camera as the floor.

I we go by the sand angel the room is more like 70 x 80 m.