Comic for February 22nd, 2020: Party's Over

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

Comic for February 22nd, 2020: Party's Over

#1 Post by CrRAR »

Suddenly not so pretty. Happ-e-crab we hardly knew ye. (;_;)

I guess we'll find out pretty soon where all the magic's gone. How adorable of Flora to cling to her beloved so quickly, for better or worse, along for the ride she goes. An important point no doubt, because she's a bit of an anomaly to whatever is unfolding. Trace won't have to face this alone.

Twitter Image:
(click for large)
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

jacobc62
Grand Templar

Comic | February 22nd, 2020 | Party's Over

#2 Post by jacobc62 »

Well that's not good!

*EDIT* Manual edit due to merged threads -Jacobc62
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Comic | February 22nd, 2020 | Party's Over

#3 Post by tony1695 »

Is it not good, though? For all we know, this is some part of the automated defenses put in place to get Trace somewhere safe in the event of an attack on the estate.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#4 Post by CrRAR »

tony1695 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:53 pm Is it not good, though? For all we know, this is some part of the automated defenses put in place to get Trace somewhere safe in the event of an attack on the estate.
“Trace, your presence is needed on the bridge... immediately.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#5 Post by Bellhead »

tony1695 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:53 pm Is it not good, though? For all we know, this is some part of the automated defenses put in place to get Trace somewhere safe in the event of an attack on the estate.
Possible, but more likely something preset by Evil Trace, or a prior plan left with one of his cohorts/creations, given the last page with Maren in it.

Kinda neat how the whole room was just magic. Really cool stuff.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by SpottedKitty »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:21 pm Kinda neat how the whole room was just magic. Really cool stuff.
With one important limitation. Think back to the beginning of the scene, where Flora discovered the size of the beach. She left a Flora-shaped splat on the wall hanging in mid-air. :shock: :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Cpt. H.L. Rodney
New Citizen

Re: Comic for February 22nd, 2020: Party's Over

#7 Post by Cpt. H.L. Rodney »

Oh God, no... nononononononono! (;_;) please don't hurt them é3è (sorry guys, just feel very protective when it comes to... that thing in the room, and what it did to Maddie and Karen, I dread to imagine what it could do to Flora and the baby ene In fact, I just want her out of there so we never find out... *is utterly terrified*)

On the flipside, Tom drew a much better belly on Flora here! He's getting better!

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Bellhead »

I'd also like to point out the shear size of this room. Of we assume, by the scale of the waterfall being.. roughly 6 feet across? It has to be at least 20 feet tall. Factor in the height which the view is from, and that room has to be somewhere in the 500' plus range, in each direction besides up. There are entire BUILDINGS with less floor space. :shock:

Just how big IS this estate?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Chicken Man
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The pizza

#9 Post by Chicken Man »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:30 am I'd also like to point out the shear size of this room. Of we assume, by the scale of the waterfall being.. roughly 6 feet across? It has to be at least 20 feet tall. Factor in the height which the view is from, and that room has to be somewhere in the 500' plus range, in each direction besides up. There are entire BUILDINGS with less floor space. :shock:

Just how big IS this estate?
Pocket dimensions?

If it works for breasts it can work for rooms. May need oxygen spell.
I'll cross the road and cluck with you.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#10 Post by AmigaDragon »

I'm thinking more like 6' or so at the narrow end of the pool, making the waterfall at least 8' wide. The sand-filled room may be near 50' square, its height fairly irrelevant but at least 2 floors high ("camera" angles can be higher than the ceiling without being blocked by it).

EDIT:
Looking back at the panel 1 detail (torches), with an 8' wide pool, the waterfall might be only 6'.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#11 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I do wonder just how much more "Automated" the manor is. Clearly Trace had some way to teleport himself either in case of attack or when a substitute for Saria was found. wonder if on top on Clovis, Trace eldritch experiments and the wolves , will they have to fight the manor itself?

I also get the feeling than pre-amnesia Trace had a penchant for complicated plans and schemes. Considering his money and raw magic power wasting energy to project only an illusory beach seems silly. I am no expert on evil lairs but he could had built an artificial beach and maintain it with magic. You know real trees, animals etc.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#12 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

CrRAR wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:08 pm
“Trace, your presence is needed on the bridge... immediately.
"Computer, terminate holodeck program."

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#13 Post by BadFoMo »

I don’t know what to say about what’s going on in the scene; I have a few jokes, but I think I should keep those to myself.

However, this room fascinates me! The sheer size of it, the ‘3D Skybox’ walls, its ability to spawn illusionary life forms, and what I can only guess is a water circulation/filtration system are so cool!

Although I do have a few question.
1. Where is the skybox located?
2. Why did it crumble away like that? Shouldn’t it have just… shut off?
3a. Is that a door I spy at the base of the 'pool building'?
3b. Why are these thing always hidden behind the waterfall?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by Bellhead »

AmigaDragon wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:10 am I'm thinking more like 6' or so at the narrow end of the pool, making the waterfall at least 8' wide. The sand-filled room may be near 50' square, its height fairly irrelevant but at least 2 floors high ("camera" angles can be higher than the ceiling without being blocked by it).

EDIT:
Looking back at the panel 1 detail (torches), with an 8' wide pool, the waterfall might be only 6'.
I considered odd camera angles, but look also at the relative size difference between the top and bottom on the waterfall. And the size of the people, campfire, picnic table.. It has to be bigger than just 50'. That room is huge.
BadFoMo wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:18 am
3a. Is that a door I spy at the base of the 'pool building'?
3b. Why are these thing always hidden behind the waterfall?
Hidden because cliche and coolness factor. And good eye, I missed that. Of course, it could be just a maintenance or storage area, for beach stuff. Maybe we'll get to find out.

Cpt. H.L. Rodney
New Citizen

#15 Post by Cpt. H.L. Rodney »

I for one hope to God you're right, and I hope it's nowhere near that thing.