Comic for February 15th, 2020: Formal Proposal

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Comic for February 15th, 2020: Formal Proposal

#31 Post by tony1695 »

Yastreb wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:53 am
Warrl wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:55 am 100%. She was conceived at a time when human-keidran hybrids were not possible*. Therefore she isn't one. "Perfect transformation" necessarily extends to the genetic level, and Euchre was human at at the time; otherwise Raine would not exist.
If perfect transformation made Euchre identical to humans in every respect, there would be no reason for Raine to be anything else than a normal human girl. Since she is a shapeshifter, we must assume that even when in human form Euchre's magical equivalent of DNA was part-human and part-keidran.
I don't remember where this comes from, whether it was speculation or Word of Tom from a stream at one point, but I thought that the reason for Raine's condition was that one of the masks was upset at Mary and Euchre getting around the species barrier and cursed her in the womb.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#32 Post by Bellhead »

tony1695 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:35 am
Warrl wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:55 am 100%. She was conceived at a time when human-keidran hybrids were not possible*. Therefore she isn't one. "Perfect transformation" necessarily extends to the genetic level, and Euchre was human at at the time; otherwise Raine would not exist.
If perfect transformation made Euchre identical to humans in every respect, there would be no reason for Raine to be anything else than a normal human girl. Since she is a shapeshifter, we must assume that even when in human form Euchre's magical equivalent of DNA was part-human and part-keidran.
I don't remember where this comes from, whether it was speculation or Word of Tom from a stream at one point, but I thought that the reason for Raine's condition was that one of the masks was upset at Mary and Euchre getting around the species barrier and cursed her in the womb.
Are we forgetting what Rose told us? She has a royal crapton of magical power, and only has trouble with her shapeshifting because of lack of practice. Raine only blamed the Gods because that was the only reason she had, based on her books and no family to ask about it.

She called her natural, genetic ability a "curse from the gods" just because she didn't know how to control it.

Near as I can tell, Perfect Transformation wouldn't thwart the Gods, as he fully BECAME human, warts and all. She was just prevented from learning when she was supposed to.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33 Post by Dadrobit »

This really isn't a debatable point. Tom has confirmed this time and time again, Raine is 100% Human. He did so again recently and very prominently in her Ref. Sheet.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/raine-reference-25826733

"Natural-Born Human" "Raine is Human"

Ddraig
Templar Master

#34 Post by Ddraig »

Dadrobit wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:00 pm
This really isn't a debatable point. Tom has confirmed this time and time again, Raine is 100% Human. He did so again recently and very prominently in her Ref. Sheet.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/raine-reference-25826733

"Natural-Born Human" "Raine is Human"
Naturally, without magic, we know she's 100% human because that's what she's stuck as when her magic is suppressed. She is absolutely human.
She did, however, inherit some magical ability from the Keidran side of her parentage (as Perfect Transformation [or at least Near-Perfect] appears to not be limited to Euchre), so while she is naturally human, she inherited keidran-ness through her magic, which, depending on how you define it, does make her 'part-keidran' in the same way that a screwdriver with an integral flashlight is still 'part-flashlight'
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Cpt. H.L. Rodney
New Citizen

#35 Post by Cpt. H.L. Rodney »

:heart: :trace: :flora: :heart:

Huzzah!!!! HAAAHAHAHAHAAAA *God I wish there was a tears of joy emote* Finally~! I'm so happy... :heart: Now the romantic moment is complete ^w^ (or as complete as can be for now, given the circumstances (perhaps more on that later)) This scene has been so sweet, I can't get enough of it even now ;u; I look forward to the ceremony, that's going to be such a special day (as much in a (relative) rush as it might be), and I can't get enough of sweet moments with this couple eue Would be cute to see them celebrate this occasion later, maybe share a moment with their baby.

Not now, though, whatever's shaking the whole estate needs to be dealt with first, and most harshly! Let's just hope they can all make it through this in relatively one piece... Keep it together, Trace, and keep that demon in your head in check, for your friends, and especially for your new family e3e

Loveknowsbest
Citizen

#36 Post by Loveknowsbest »

Even though I agree with Reni about the horrible timing this is. I would say "I hope you are readdddy for the can of crap you just started by doing this. I know you say to yourself Why not? but I say to you that we are in a time of crisis for which you started by means you i mean your old self. Now as long as you dont breathe a word to anyone outside this circle you maybe okay." I highly doubt Trace thought this through completely. Something about to hit the fan.

Red be like: "I was fine when you were just dating.. I was okay when you were just having fun...but getting married now thats going to far!"

Me: Umm... Red what did you think it was going to head? Did you not notice the belly?"

Kyrit
Templar

#37 Post by Kyrit »

I have to wonder if Red means they literally can't get married. When Keith and Trace talked about it before he said it wasn't impossible as an unofficial ceremony. The Templar have quite likely banned human marriages with other races. He's still warming up to the thought of his best friend (not that Trace sees him that way now) being with a Keidran, and now said best friend announced he wants to do something that's likely very much illegal in the human lands and would certainly need to be done on the down-low, which is near impossible for this group at this point. Especially after everything that happened in town meaning everyone knows the Grand Templar is back.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#38 Post by Hulk10 »

The potential for drama is not pleasant.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.