What does twokinds mean?

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

snowlurker
Fav. Twokinds Character: trace

What does twokinds mean?

#1 Post by snowlurker »

What is a twokinds? Is it a race? Is it ever explain in comic?

JohnTheWysard
Apprentice

Re: What does twokinds mean?

#2 Post by JohnTheWysard »

It is a little confusing, since there are at least four "kinds" around - Humans, Kiedran, Basitins, and Dragons.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#3 Post by MuonNeutrino »

It's a bit of a cryptic name, but one time in the chat during a sketch stream, Tom gave a bit of explanation:
Twokinds: Well Twokinds isn't referring to the number of species
Twokinds: It's about relationships that form between two different kinds of people.
Twokinds: It's also about people who have two sides to themselves.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#4 Post by Bellhead »

So, put simply, it's a story about the relations between two very different circumstances, down in several different contexts. Human/Keidran, Keidran/Basitin, wolf/human, past-evil/current-cluelessness...

Keith and Natani showed several, if you look hard enough.

Thanks, MuonNeutrino. I didn't know he said that. makes a lot of sense, now that I think about it.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#5 Post by Hulk10 »

But as far as I can tell everyone has two sides to them.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

JohnTheWysard
Apprentice

#6 Post by JohnTheWysard »

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:14 am But as far as I can tell everyone has two sides to them.
Oh, lots more than that, typically.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#7 Post by Hulk10 »

JohnTheWysard wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:23 am
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:14 am But as far as I can tell everyone has two sides to them.
Oh, lots more than that, typically.
Yeah. We all have a metaphorical beast or Hulk inside us.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Dadrobit »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:53 pm It's a bit of a cryptic name, but one time in the chat during a sketch stream, Tom gave a bit of explanation:
Twokinds: It's about relationships that form between two different kinds of people.
Huh, I was gonna make a comment, but it seems he's updated/retconned his reasons for the name. Years and years and years ago, the name used to be in reference to the number of races left as the original plan had Keith finding out that he was the last, or one of the last Basitin left, and that revelation was gonna have major impact on the story for obvious reasons.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#9 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Dadrobit wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:27 am
MuonNeutrino wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:53 pm It's a bit of a cryptic name, but one time in the chat during a sketch stream, Tom gave a bit of explanation:
Huh, I was gonna make a comment, but it seems he's updated/retconned his reasons for the name. Years and years and years ago, the name used to be in reference to the number of races left as the original plan had Keith finding out that he was the last, or one of the last Basitin left, and that revelation was gonna have major impact on the story for obvious reasons.
I kinda remember once reading about something like that, in the archives have not been here for that long. That when the group arrived at the Basitin isles instead of finding all we came to know and love about our favorite cat/hare hybrids they would have find only ruins.
I think it was or the better, poor Keith already had enough strife in his life without being the last survivor or something like that. Besides it makes the title kinda sweet, about two different kind of people that meet and despite that they find common ground and start a relationship, either a lasting friendship or a deep romance.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Warrl
Grand Templar

#10 Post by Warrl »

And if the keidran were more solidly based on Earth life, we'd have a bare minimum of three species of keidran: canines, felines, and vulpines. Crosses between them would be no more plausible than crosses between them and humans.

(Oh, and not all "fox" species are vulpine. For that matter, the South American maned wolf is neither canine nor vulpine.)

However, Katherine is a cross between canine and feline; and while she's sterile, she also isn't a first-generation cross, which means that not all hybrids are sterile.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by Bellhead »

Warrl wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:15 am However, Katherine is a cross between canine and feline; and while she's sterile, she also isn't a first-generation cross, which means that not all hybrids are sterile.
I'm not so sure that's the case. The way I understood it, her parents were bred for the purpose, but she was the first hybrid in line. Canine mother and feline father, for instance.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#12 Post by Yastreb »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:47 am I'm not so sure that's the case. The way I understood it, her parents were bred for the purpose, but she was the first hybrid in line. Canine mother and feline father, for instance.
Yes, that's also how I understood it.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Dadrobit »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:38 am
Dadrobit wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:27 am
I kinda remember once reading about something like that, in the archives have not been here for that long. That when the group arrived at the Basitin isles instead of finding all we came to know and love about our favorite cat/hare hybrids they would have find only ruins.
I think it was or the better, poor Keith already had enough strife in his life without being the last survivor or something like that. Besides it makes the title kinda sweet, about two different kind of people that meet and despite that they find common ground and start a relationship, either a lasting friendship or a deep romance.
Yeah, it's super old, like pre-2008 territory.
Tom wrote: About 6 months before the start of the story the Basitin race was completely wiped out in a massive slaughter. People are unsure how or why it had occurred, or which race was responsible. Now, only a few wandering Basitins are seen traveling through human towns. The human government believes that there are probably no more than one hundred survivors of the race, and that those few remaining will die out in mere years.
Completely obsolete information. But I enjoy going through old archives of information to see the progress the comic has gone through. :mrgrin:

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#14 Post by AmigaDragon »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:47 am
Warrl wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:15 am However, Katherine is a cross between canine and feline; and while she's sterile, she also isn't a first-generation cross, which means that not all hybrids are sterile.
I'm not so sure that's the case. The way I understood it, her parents were bred for the purpose, but she was the first hybrid in line. Canine mother and feline father, for instance.
If I remember correctly, Kat wasn't just bred for purpose but also for appearance.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15 Post by Bellhead »

AmigaDragon wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:51 am
Bellhead wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:47 am
If I remember correctly, Kat wasn't just bred for purpose but also for appearance.
Well yeah, appearance would be purpose, in this circumstance...