Comic for February 8th, 2020: Informal Proposal

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

Comic for February 8th, 2020: Informal Proposal

#1 Post by CrRAR »

Flora more stunning in every panel. Oh Trace you sweet summer-child. Flora’s got a thing or two to learn ya still. :3
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

Re: Comic for February 8th, 2020: Informal Proposal

#2 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Floras look in the last Panel is pure Gold <3
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#3 Post by BadFoMo »

Lordadmiral Drake wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:29 pmFloras look in the last Panel is pure Gold <3
I have to agree. Not sure what it is about that look on her face, but I like it.

P.S. Insert my usual question here.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Warrl
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Warrl »

BadFoMo wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:01 pm
Lordadmiral Drake wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:29 pmFloras look in the last Panel is pure Gold <3
I have to agree. Not sure what it is about that look on her face, but I like it.
It's a wonderful happy-irked expression.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#5 Post by Hayate »

You’re doing it wrong, Trace! XD
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#6 Post by Technic[Bot] »

This is interesting and Flora face is cute as always.
I like this because in most of the amnesiac protagonist stories around the guy can't remember a day before the "incident",whatever made him amnesiac, but still speaks 4 languages, knows three different martial arts and can knows how to operate heavy machinery and fly helicopters. Here Trace has no idea how to propose, which make a helll of a lot sense.
Also I did not expected Flora to be the type of girl is really into these type of fairly standardized rituals: Proposing, marriage, big weddings with friends and family etc. I imagined the kind of girl you propose on the morning and you are signed the paperwork by night.
In any case this is a good excuse to see the how Keidran propose, we have not a clear picture of how that works in Mekkan, we just assume humans is the same, and I really look forward to see how Tom reinvents such an old ritual like asking someone to marry you.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#7 Post by Shockwave07 »

Tiger butt front and center panel 1!

...But on a side note, really can't expect someone who has lost most of their memories to have a clear idea of ceremonies and rituals. But still have to give him credit for trying.

Diabolicon
Citizen

#8 Post by Diabolicon »

Warrl wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:03 pm
BadFoMo wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:01 pm
It's a wonderful happy-irked expression.
I would say happy-teasing.

Xian
Traveler

#9 Post by Xian »

With this, I am 100% sure Saria is making a comeback... also, Trace will recover some of his memories, because DRAMA!!!

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by aitaituo »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:00 pm I like this because in most of the amnesiac protagonist stories around the guy can't remember a day before the "incident",whatever made him amnesiac, but still speaks 4 languages, knows three different martial arts and can knows how to operate heavy machinery and fly helicopters. Here Trace has no idea how to propose, which make a helll of a lot sense.
Amnesia really does work that way for the most part.

Cpt. H.L. Rodney
New Citizen

#11 Post by Cpt. H.L. Rodney »

Oh come on, Trace, even an amnesiac guy should be able to get it right! You can still fix it, Trace, try again! lol!

In all seriousness, I'm so happy the moment finally arrived, this page managed to bring a smile to my face and tears to my eyes, and while I know it's obvious, I still would love this scene to continue just a little more, at least for her joyful answer, and the kiss this occasion so badly needs~ ❤️

At the same time, she's been waiting for so long for this moment, and I get the feeling she's kind of disappointed. And if I were Trace, it'd kill me to see her disappointed, especially for the most important moment of their lives up to that point. Then again, we have yet to find out if that's the case!

High hopes for the next page (or at least the next one for this scene), this one is great, and I for one am eager to see the ball continue to roll for these two! :heart: :trace: :heart: :flora: :heart:

Chicken Man
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The pizza

#12 Post by Chicken Man »

Noone's looking at Natani's for a while chest after that!

Except Keith
The ship has set sail!

Keith, show Trace how it's done and elope with the wolfman ova theeee.
I'll cross the road and cluck with you.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#13 Post by Elemental Templar »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:00 pm This is interesting and Flora face is cute as always.
I like this because in most of the amnesiac protagonist stories around the guy can't remember a day before the "incident",whatever made him amnesiac, but still speaks 4 languages, knows three different martial arts and can knows how to operate heavy machinery and fly helicopters. Here Trace has no idea how to propose, which make a helll of a lot sense.
Also I did not expected Flora to be the type of girl is really into these type of fairly standardized rituals: Proposing, marriage, big weddings with friends and family etc. I imagined the kind of girl you propose on the morning and you are signed the paperwork by night.
In any case this is a good excuse to see the how Keidran propose, we have not a clear picture of how that works in Mekkan, we just assume humans is the same, and I really look forward to see how Tom reinvents such an old ritual like asking someone to marry you.
Flora was raised among humans for a good portion of her life, so her expecting Trace to propose in a more "traditional" manner does make a degree of sense.
Moreover, (I can't believe I'm just now realizing this) I think in in the few interactions humans and keidran have had over the centuries that don't involve war and/or enslavement; some of their customs in regards to marriage and courtship have blended. As seen with Laura, she kept a locket with both a lock of Keith's fur, and a subtle seed-crystal; the same type that humans use to propose, and Keith asked permission from her family to court her, which seems more like something you'd do more a typical town, rather than a tribal village. Furthermore, the crystallizing of subtle seeds, is probably derivative from the keidran tradition of gifting subtle-flowers to lovers. Probably as a way of better symbolizing the permanence of the bond.

And even if keidran do have a more tribalistic culture, they do seem to have wedding ceremonies in ways we think of in regards to western civilization. As evident by Laura's Life-Flashing-Before-My-Eyes moment, and from Flora's imagination way back from chapter 2 (albeit this was a very long time ago and could either have retconned by Tom, or could've been a frame-of-reference thing due to her human upbringing)

But either way, It seem that the plot bullet that is amnesia has ricocheted back into the story; and I'm thankful for a moment of brightness just before Things Start To Go South; but am still looking forward to the inevitable ceremony though

***Side Note: Anyone else think that Kat's gonna go crazy-excited at the idea of making wedding dresses?***
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Phaing
Master

#14 Post by Phaing »

Happy days are here again! :grin:

Beautiful page, every bit of it, and just what I needed today.

I feel like dancing, how about this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1F0lBnsnkE
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#15 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Elemental Templar wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:44 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:00 pm This is interesting and Flora face is cute as always.
Flora was raised among humans for a good portion of her life, so her expecting Trace to propose in a more "traditional" manner does make a degree of sense.
Moreover, (I can't believe I'm just now realizing this) I think in in the few interactions humans and keidran have had over the centuries that don't involve war and/or enslavement; some of their customs in regards to marriage and courtship have blended. As seen with Laura, she kept a locket with both a lock of Keith's fur, and a subtle seed-crystal; the same type that humans use to propose, and Keith asked permission from her family to court her, which seems more like something you'd do more a typical town, rather than a tribal village. Furthermore, the crystallizing of subtle seeds, is probably derivative from the keidran tradition of gifting subtle-flowers to lovers. Probably as a way of better symbolizing the permanence of the bond.

And even if keidran do have a more tribalistic culture, they do seem to have wedding ceremonies in ways we think of in regards to western civilization. As evident by Laura's Life-Flashing-Before-My-Eyes moment, and from Flora's imagination way back from chapter 2 (albeit this was a very long time ago and could either have retconned by Tom, or could've been a frame-of-reference thing due to her human upbringing)

But either way, It seem that the plot bullet that is amnesia has ricocheted back into the story; and I'm thankful for a moment of brightness just before Things Start To Go South; but am still looking forward to the inevitable ceremony though

***Side Note: Anyone else think that Kat's gonna go crazy-excited at the idea of making wedding dresses?***
What I meant was I did not consider Flora the type of girl that "likes" that kind of stuff. The kind that dreams walking down the aisle in a white wedding dress to marry her dashing prince charming. Given her upbringing and her relationship with Trace I imagined to be the more practical type of person. The kind of person who lives with his significant other for 5 years before marrying and only does it because it would mean lower taxes. The kind of person who values feeling over ceremony.
Alas she did mentioned once she dreamed of living on the Trace state when she was a child and got all giddy when Trace called her "Mrs Legacy" And, at the end she was a bit dissapointed that Trace did not propose properly. So maybe she hoped for a white wedding, with all her friends and his dashing prince. She just never thought it would actually happen.

And you are right there seems to be a significant overlap in the way races get married, specially that obsession with the unaptly named sublteseed. After all I doubt Trace and Flore are the first mixed couple ever and sure they wont be the last. I am not entirely sure this was intended by Tom or just a happy accident but it is a neat detail i hope does not get rolled over in the future.

Now that you mention it didn't Trace proposed by accident way back when she gave Flora the necklace? And Flora reciprocated with the Flower a couple months later. I mean the fact he made it by accident should be enough reason for him to try it again but technically aren't they engaged already?
Cpt. H.L. Rodney wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:03 pm Oh come on, Trace, even an amnesiac guy should be able to get it right! You can still fix it, Trace, try again! lol!

In all seriousness, I'm so happy the moment finally arrived, this page managed to bring a smile to my face and tears to my eyes, and while I know it's obvious, I still would love this scene to continue just a little more, at least for her joyful answer, and the kiss this occasion so badly needs~ ❤️

At the same time, she's been waiting for so long for this moment, and I get the feeling she's kind of disappointed. And if I were Trace, it'd kill me to see her disappointed, especially for the most important moment of their lives up to that point. Then again, we have yet to find out if that's the case!

High hopes for the next page (or at least the next one for this scene), this one is great, and I for one am eager to see the ball continue to roll for these two! :heart: :trace: :heart: :flora: :heart:
Sadly I doubt they will have time for a kiss let alone for Trace to figure out how you actually propose to the love of your life. With Clovis and co about to storm the castle, Brutus and Brows spacing from the prison and whatever eldritch abomination Trace kept in his lab trying to eat Maren the place is about to blow to sky high. That is even Drak Trace comes out to play.
Maybe a year from now, for them that is so 5 10 20 45 ? years for us. He will propose again:
"Remember a year ago? I did no know how back then, and I really did not had time to ask in that occasion but *kneels down and pops lore friendly engagement ring* will you marry me?"

*Also yes Kat will be terribly excited to make everyone wedding dresses and suit. Until she realizes how much [expletive] work they take to make
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide