Comic for February 2, 2020: Calm Before the Storm

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tetrahedron
Merchant

Comic for February 2, 2020: Calm Before the Storm

#1 Post by Tetrahedron »

The campfire is fake, smoke from a campfire always goes straight into your face.

Killer57
Fav. Twokinds Character: Mrs. Nibbly

Re: Comic for February 2, 2020: Calm Before the Storm

#2 Post by Killer57 »

I'm calling it now, Trace proposes to Flora, but it gets interrupted by the Maren shenanigans.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#3 Post by AmigaDragon »

Whether Keith lets Red try again or not when Trace is done, I wonder if Natani is waiting her turn. Bigger size, you'd expect more strength than smaller Keith, however, sometimes those thinner wiry guys can surprise you (not just by taking advantage of an interruption *thump*).

It looks like Mike is still brooding over Evals' insistence on taking him back to dogland.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#4 Post by Bellhead »

Natani's just being smug, knowing that Keith would win. Few know that strength better, and that "Oh yeah? Bring it." look on Keith says he knows too. Not that Red would accept defeat, of course. :P

Nice to see Reni talking so openly. I bet she never really had friends before, knowing the prejudice of human society, both positive and negative.

Also, sad to see Mike like that. Hope they come to some sort of agreement soon.

Now then. Trace looks like he's about to propose. Or maybe reveal the baby, but I doubt it. And of course, by law of random events and comedic timing, he either won't get the chance, or won't get an answer. Followed by a sigh, then worry of what's happening.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#5 Post by Eclipse »

Killer57 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:49 pm I'm calling it now, Trace proposes to Flora, but it gets interrupted by the Maren shenanigans.
Pretty much what I was thinking too. That's usually how these things go, it's like an unwritten rule that you're not allowed to have a big romantic moment when [censored]'s about to go down.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#6 Post by Elemental Templar »

Eclipse wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:18 pm
Killer57 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:49 pm I'm calling it now, Trace proposes to Flora, but it gets interrupted by the Maren shenanigans.
Pretty much what I was thinking too. That's usually how these things go, it's like an unwritten rule that you're not allowed to have a big romantic moment when [censored]'s about to go down.
Very true,

Although I'm thinking there's a 50/50 chance of it either being Rose and/or Sythe bursting in over what just happened with Maren, or Roan and Brutus have somehow escaped and are wandering the mansion's halls freely

On a side note, what do you think Sythe and Maren's reactions are going to be when they find out about Trace's proposal?
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#7 Post by BadFoMo »

Elemental Templar wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:32 am
Killer57 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:49 pmI'm calling it now, Trace proposes to Flora, but it gets interrupted by the Maren shenanigans.
Very true,

Although I'm thinking there's a 50/50 chance of it either being Rose and/or Sythe bursting in over what just happened with Maren, or Roan and Brutus have somehow escaped and are wandering the mansion's halls freely

On a side note, what do you think Sythe and Maren's reactions are going to be when they find out about Trace's proposal?
I don’t really know enough about them to say for sure, but…

Maren: WHAT?! …B-but you hated Keidran! …With a passion!
Sythe: He had and personally killed so many of our kind and you’re getting married to him?!
Karen: …You two bonded over Pizza; and were probably about to make another hybrid.
Maren: Another what?! What are you talking-
(Karen points to Flora’s belly. Both Maren and Sythe are dumbstruck by this revelation.)

That’s all I got.

Also, if Brutus and Roan escape, wouldn’t it be weird if they help Sythe and Maren?

Anyway, about the comic;
1. I heard that it was updated before I got here. Did anyone save the first version?
2. Panel 3; “I just wanted the thank you for allowing me intrude on your gathering.”. Shouldn’t it be, “…allowing me to intrude on...” or “…allowing my intrusion on…”?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#8 Post by Yastreb »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:49 pm Also, sad to see Mike like that. Hope they come to some sort of agreement soon.
Evals wants to return home while Mike wants to live in human territory. Also both want to stay together. Can't see an agreement that wouldn't leave at least one of them unhappy.

Rafe
Council Member

#9 Post by Rafe »

BadFoMo wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:47 am "...Also, if Brutus and Roan escape, wouldn’t it be weird if they help Sythe and Maren?..."
I don't think Sythe would want anything to do with other wolves (whoever these "Templar" wolves are allied to) since he's still wanted as a traitor. Maren is just a random human, unless they know her connection to Trace. All Roan knows is that he's trying to get Brutus out. There's obviously a much more involved Templar plot going on now against Trace. Plenty of shoes should be dropping soon.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#10 Post by Elemental Templar »

BadFoMo wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:47 am
Elemental Templar wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:32 am
Killer57 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:49 pmI'm calling it now, Trace proposes to Flora, but it gets interrupted by the Maren shenanigans.
Very true,

I don’t really know enough about them to say for sure, but…

Maren: WHAT?! …B-but you hated Keidran! …With a passion!
Sythe: He had and personally killed so many of our kind and you’re getting married to him?!
Karen: …You two bonded over Pizza; and were probably about to make another hybrid.
Maren: Another what?! What are you talking-
(Karen points to Flora’s belly. Both Maren and Sythe are dumbstruck by this revelation.)

That’s all I got.

Also, if Brutus and Roan escape, wouldn’t it be weird if they help Sythe and Maren?

Anyway, about the comic;
1. I heard that it was updated before I got here. Did anyone save the first version?
2. Panel 3; “I just wanted the thank you for allowing me intrude on your gathering.”. Shouldn’t it be, “…allowing me to intrude on...” or “…allowing my intrusion on…”?
Sythe actually already knows about Flora's pregnancy , but Maren's reaction would be interesting.

I mean finding out your ex-"boyfriend" is not only in a romantic/sexual relationship with somebody they would've previously hated with a passion, but is also planning on marrying and having a child with them? That's a major shock to the system!

Side note: I forgot to bring this up in my initial post but, does anyone think after all this stuffs gone down with freeing Maren from Evil Trace's twisted machinations, that Clovis' party is gonna find a way in? If so, I think this chapter might turn into a bit of a "Darkest Hour" moment kinda the season 2 finale of Avatar.
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Cpt. H.L. Rodney
New Citizen

#11 Post by Cpt. H.L. Rodney »

Please no... :(

They deserve at least this moment uninterrupted, it's been 14 damn years in the making, it'd be utterly wrong to have something so precious interrupted already.

:trace: :flora:

*Ahem* ... If these two are interrupted... I'm going to be very upset. No joke, I for one will be heartbroken ene These two deserve to have at least this, they can't be denied nice things forever... Just let them have plenty of time to savor the moment e3e

Let's... *please* not call it, it's not fair to them.

Merged posts; please avoid double posting.
-Hayate
Last edited by Hayate on Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merging double post

Emp_Dragon
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Reni

#12 Post by Emp_Dragon »

So :kathrin: :zen: :sythe: :maren: :Maddie: are the ones not present on the beach atm.
Kat is tending to Zen or walking the halls looking for the others, Maddie is either still peeking through the door too ashamed to go in or walking the hallways on her own terms, probably a bit more cautious than last time, Sythe and Maren are mostly accounted for, Rose can be anywhere, And I don't see Eric in these beach frames.

trantor
Apprentice

#13 Post by trantor »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:49 pm Natani's just being smug, knowing that Keith would win. Few know that strength better, and that "Oh yeah? Bring it." look on Keith says he knows too. Not that Red would accept defeat, of course. :P

Now then. Trace looks like he's about to propose. Or maybe reveal the baby, but I doubt it. And of course, by law of random events and comedic timing, he either won't get the chance, or won't get an answer. Followed by a sigh, then worry of what's happening.
I don t think the Keith is that much stronger (if he is at all) than Red, that he knows he will easily win. He is no Adelaide. But he has patience and know to take his chance, other than our hot blooded Red.
Bellhead wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:49 pm Now then. Trace looks like he's about to propose. Or maybe reveal the baby, but I doubt it. And of course, by law of random events and comedic timing, he either won't get the chance, or won't get an answer. Followed by a sigh, then worry of what's happening.
I also think that Trace don't get his speech. I think he want to thank you them for everything until now and get to Flora's pregnancy after that. But Sythe will interupt, that Maren was teleported somewhere against her will. And Trace have to call Rose for support.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#14 Post by AmigaDragon »

Emp_Dragon wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:30 am So :kathrin: :zen: :sythe: :maren: :Maddie: are the ones not present on the beach atm.
You forgot :Lynn: . :Maddie: might still/again be watching, though everyone in there is down at the beach, probably not visible from the doorway.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Emp_Dragon
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Reni

#15 Post by Emp_Dragon »

AmigaDragon wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:21 am
Emp_Dragon wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:30 am So :kathrin: :zen: :sythe: :maren: :Maddie: are the ones not present on the beach atm.
You forgot :Lynn: . :Maddie: might still/again be watching, though everyone in there is down at the beach, probably not visible from the doorway.
Yeah, you noticed that as I was editing my post XD

And I still managed to forget Lynn...