Comic for February 2, 2020: Calm Before the Storm

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

steelabjur
Council Member

Re: Comic for February 2, 2020: Calm Before the Storm

#16 Post by steelabjur »

Rafe wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:25 pm
BadFoMo wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:47 am "...Also, if Brutus and Roan escape, wouldn’t it be weird if they help Sythe and Maren?..."
I don't think Sythe would want anything to do with other wolves (whoever these "Templar" wolves are allied to) since he's still wanted as a traitor. Maren is just a random human, unless they know her connection to Trace. All Roan knows is that he's trying to get Brutus out. There's obviously a much more involved Templar plot going on now against Trace. Plenty of shoes should be dropping soon.
The "Templar" Wolves are working for Clovis, same as Carver who was claiming to be a Templar until Raine revealed his lie. Sythe currently has a bounty on his head for eloping "with a human". While I doubt Brutus would care (if he even knew/remembered/put two and two together), I could see Roan knowing AND caring, maybe mistaking Maren for the supposed human Sythe eloped with, and thinking he might net brownie points with Clovis if he brings him Sythe in addition to Brutus.

Esn
New Citizen

#17 Post by Esn »

Emp_Dragon wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:30 am So :kathrin: :zen: :sythe: :maren: :Maddie: are the ones not present on the beach atm.
And I don't see Eric in these beach frames.
I think Zen is probably looking through Natani's eyes (he said he would, right?). Mrs. Nibbly (whoever she really is) is probably watching, while carefully avoiding Reni. And Eric might be just off frame - he's probably who Reni was talking to just before she walked up to Trace (last time we saw her, they were chatting. Also, there's no one else left she could've been talking to). Lynn has been absent since the night before. My guess is that he's been doing some spying of his own, and more successfully than Maddie (just like back on the ship, when he remained undetected longer). He might even be outside the house.

And also outside watching the house carefully are the "fake templar" and "fake soldier" who were hired by Keith. Also Brahn's daughter through her animals. And also Maeve, who hasn't been seen yet but will surely appear.

P.S. I wonder if there's any significance to that butterfly. Maybe part of Reni's magic in some way? What if Reni is actually the butterfly, and the human form is only a decoy (maybe a precaution she took in case anything happened)?

steelabjur
Council Member

#18 Post by steelabjur »

Esn wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:04 am
Emp_Dragon wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:30 am So :kathrin: :zen: :sythe: :maren: :Maddie: are the ones not present on the beach atm.
And I don't see Eric in these beach frames.
I think Zen is probably looking through Natani's eyes (he said he would, right?). Mrs. Nibbly (whoever she really is) is probably watching, while carefully avoiding Reni. And Eric might be just off frame - he's probably who Reni was talking to just before she walked up to Trace (last time we saw her, they were chatting. Also, there's no one else left she could've been talking to). Lynn has been absent since the night before. My guess is that he's been doing some spying of his own, and more successfully than Maddie (just like back on the ship, when he remained undetected longer). He might even be outside the house.

And also outside watching the house carefully are the "fake templar" and "fake soldier" who were hired by Keith. Also Brahn's daughter through her animals. And also Maeve, who hasn't been seen yet but will surely appear.

P.S. I wonder if there's any significance to that butterfly. Maybe part of Reni's magic in some way? What if Reni is actually the butterfly, and the human form is only a decoy (maybe a precaution she took in case anything happened)?
Yeah, Eric is somewhere on the beach, and perhaps more threateningly, Clovis is sneaking around just outside the estate as denoted by the cloaked figure wearing the amulet Brahn paid him with.

Phaing
Master

#19 Post by Phaing »

I just hope Trace gets to say something good before it all goes to hell.... again.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw