Can we please have that Templar guy be a girl wolfy now?

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dana Fox
Fav. Twokinds Character: The wolf chick. I'm trans

Can we please have that Templar guy be a girl wolfy now?

#1 Post by Dana Fox »

I loved how that Templar creep got turned into a hen, that was awesome! Keep it up! I hope he suddenly realizes he's now a girl keidran (voice first, then boobies etc...) that would be funny as heck. "Hey I'm a wolf?! My voice!"

Looks down, hefts tits, "AAAHHH!!!"

Growing up for me was real hard. I used to tear off my dresses and I honestly thought being a girl was stupid. I'm married now with my first due late February, but it took a lot of getting used to. It'll be so funny to see what she goes through.

Ddraig
Templar Master

Re: Can we please have that Templar guy be a girl wolfy now?

#2 Post by Ddraig »

Dana Fox wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:42 pm I loved how that Templar creep got turned into a hen, that was awesome! Keep it up! I hope he suddenly realizes he's now a girl keidran (voice first, then boobies etc...) that would be funny as heck. "Hey I'm a wolf?! My voice!"

Looks down, hefts tits, "AAAHHH!!!"

Growing up for me was real hard. I used to tear off my dresses and I honestly thought being a girl was stupid. I'm married now with my first due late February, but it took a lot of getting used to. It'll be so funny to see what she goes through.
Uh... Yeah, pretty sure that he was a keidran all along. Just disguised when he went to the door
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Dana Fox
Fav. Twokinds Character: The wolf chick. I'm trans

#3 Post by Dana Fox »

Okay. Sort of new to the comic. The Templars are wolves? I thought Trace hated Keidran and thought they where just animals. How does that work?

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#4 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Dana Fox wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:52 am Okay. Sort of new to the comic. The Templars are wolves? I thought Trace hated Keidran and thought they where just animals. How does that work?
Welcome to the forums Dana :)
The templar are an order of human mages with enough political power that it seems like they de facto run the human civilization. (even though it's technically a monarchy).
In recent events, it looked like "templar" were attacking Edinmire, but it was revealed that they were wolves in disguise.
Brutus was taken prisoner and brought to the Legacy estate. We recently saw "templar" demanding that Brutus be released into their custody, but as it turns out they were also just wolves in disguise. Clearly using some illusion charm to look human when they spoke to Rose. It makes me wonder Rose with all her magical ability could actually see through their illusions...

Anyway, we actually *have* once seen a Keidran templar. I don't think we ever got an explanation for what the deal was with that. Not to mention of course we have Euchre working in the Templar :P

Also, we don't know why Roan was turned from a hen back into a wolf, whether because he was about to be eaten, or whether Rose did it intentionally, or what. It does however look like he's back to his original state, so it's unlikely he's gonna start growing breasts.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#5 Post by Ddraig »

It's also worth noting that the Templars have been the driving force behind the expansion of Keidran slavery and...
Spoiler! previous page spoilers
(secretly, at least) building a keidran-genocide-system thing, if I remember correctly. They also orchestrated the human-keidran war that's currently going on, too
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Warrl
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Warrl »

The Templar are an organization of mages. The Templar leadership collectively is drunk with Absolut power.

Trace, before his amnesia, was the top guy in this leadership and on a keidran-extermination frenzy that some of his immediate subordinates went along with and others, it seems, only appeared to go along with to further their own rise to power.

But there are non-Templar human mages, and keidran mages. There are hints that perhaps some keidran mages are even hidden in the depths of the Templar organization.

Now there is a slight problem that while human mages can draw power from the environment, and generate some themselves, keidran mages can't - they have to use mana crystals, which can be recharged by humans. This does not appear to restrict what sorts of magic they can do - IF they can get enough mana.

And we've had a few scenes now where wolves were dressed in Templar robes, attempting to pass as humans, and doing magic using mana crystals. Possible explanations:
1) They actually were Templar, working for one of the self-proclaimed leaders in Trace's apparent absence
2) They were hired by one of said leaders
3) They swiped the outfits, and are working for someone else

Note that each instance has to be evaluated separately.

We once saw a keidran in Templar robes, openly keidran, working with humans including Templar. I'd go with him actually being a Templar.

A bunch of alleged Templar humans, who turned out to be wolf keidran, attempted to sabotage negotiations between humans and feline keidran - thus leaving humans at risk of a two-front war, fighting felids on one side and wolves on the other. This would be a good thing for the wolves, not so much for the Templar or the humans, so I'd say it's most likely that they swiped the outfits and were working for the commander of the wolf army.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#7 Post by AmigaDragon »

AndreRhineDavis wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:28 am Anyway, we actually *have* once seen a Keidran templar. I don't think we ever got an explanation for what the deal was with that. Not to mention of course we have Euchre working in the Templar :P
Perhaps not an actual templar, that wolf may just be working for them at that time. Euchre is the templar's Master Strategist. While many people may know of his leadership role, very few (perhaps only one or two master templar) know he's not really human.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#8 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Warrl wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:23 amA bunch of alleged Templar humans, who turned out to be wolf keidran, attempted to sabotage negotiations between humans and feline keidran - thus leaving humans at risk of a two-front war, fighting felids on one side and wolves on the other. This would be a good thing for the wolves, not so much for the Templar or the humans, so I'd say it's most likely that they swiped the outfits and were working for the commander of the wolf army.
This is what it looked like to everyone else, for sure - a bunch of wolves trying to sabotage the negotiations and keep the humans from allying with the felines. And since the wolves were discovered, if that actually *had* been the goal then it backfired - the tigers are now *more* willing to ally with the humans, not less.

However, as we later learned, the attackers were Clovis and his men, and they were acting on behalf of Brahn at the time, not the wolves. The attack was set up by Brahn and was specifically intended to fail and have the attackers' identities be discovered, with the goal being exactly what happened - to frame the wolves for the attack, and by making it seem like the wolves were trying to frame the *templar* for it (and got caught) ensure that the tigers chose to side with the humans and not the wolves.

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#9 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Warrl wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:23 am while human mages can draw power from the environment, and generate some themselves, keidran mages can't - they have to use mana crystals, which can be recharged by humans.
Just want to clarify that I don't think only humans can recharge mana crystals. We know that only humans can draw mana from the environment directly into their body without the use of crystals; Keidran require crystals to do this and Basitin can't do this at all. (And as we know, forcing Basitin to use mana damages their mind). Also, since mana crystals are sold in humans cities, it's reasonable to assume that humans use them for some purpose as well. But yeah, I don't think we were ever given any reason to think that only humans can recharge mana crystals...

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by SpottedKitty »

AndreRhineDavis wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:10 am Just want to clarify that I don't think only humans can recharge mana crystals. We know that only humans can draw mana from the environment directly into their body without the use of crystals; Keidran require crystals to do this and Basitin can't do this at all. (And as we know, forcing Basitin to use mana damages their mind). Also, since mana crystals are sold in humans cities, it's reasonable to assume that humans use them for some purpose as well. But yeah, I don't think we were ever given any reason to think that only humans can recharge mana crystals...
Definitely not just humans; Natani recharged his old mana crystals several times, but he wasn't all that good at it and they eventually disintegrated. Kind of like the way rechargeable batteries hold less charge each time if you don't do it the right way.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#11 Post by AmigaDragon »

Or it might have been an issue of the quality of those crystals.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Chicken Man
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The pizza

#12 Post by Chicken Man »

I want him back to being a hen.
I'll cross the road and cluck with you.