The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Comic for January 11, 2020: Liquid Courage Required

#1 Post by Bellhead »

Spoiler! NSFW
Yes. Drinks are needed. Wolf dong is very different.
Last edited by Hayate on Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding nsfw spoiler tag
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Comic for January 11, 2020: Liquid Courage Required

#2 Post by tony1695 »

Well!
Not much to say, really. Maren getting a real good look at Sythe's equipment and her reaction are golden, though. I do wonder if he's, uh, "standing at attention", though.

HANG ON. That clock in the background of the fourth panel! Sixteen-hour days?
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by TheMouse »

Hahaha! Awesome! Go Maren, you got this!
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

DragnMastralex
Apprentice

#4 Post by DragnMastralex »

"how can i see if you don't move your arm?"
"that's not my arm."
"oh... wow... DRINKS, MUST HAVE DRINKS!"

Rafe
Council Member

#5 Post by Rafe »

tony1695 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:28 pm ...Not much to say, really. Maren getting a real good look at Sythe's equipment and her reaction are golden, though. I do wonder if he's, uh, "standing at attention", though...
Can't be sure, but I do find it interesting that when Maren takes that wide-eyed look at... what she's considering, the background is suddenly pink.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#6 Post by CrRAR »

tony1695 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:28 pmHANG ON. That clock in the background of the fourth panel! Sixteen-hour days?
Ooo, good catch! With the chapter cover featuring a vague hourglass shape I wondered if time would play a role at some point. With the events leading to Trace’s madness, he has to have dabbled in manipulating such forces of nature in a variety of ways in pursuit of resurrecting life with Saria. Tick tock.

I don’t think Saria had ever made it back to the estate. Not sure though. Makes you wonder, does the clock indicate time in that room is dilated? Could be one of Trace’s many experiments into artifically enriching/prolonging a limited existence. Tragic though, once time is up what does it matter? :trace:

For our two wayward heroes :maren: :sythe: it could unknowingly give some exaggerated time to play the field. Best keep an eye on that wardrobe though, from what I know of those in deserted houses nothing ever good comes from them.

(Luckily, like Link, we’ve learned Sythe also seems well equipped for the situation.) :P
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by Bellhead »

CrRAR wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:16 pm
tony1695 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:28 pmHANG ON. That clock in the background of the fourth panel! Sixteen-hour days?
Ooo, good catch!
If that's right, it's either just before noontime, or time is divided by powers of 2. Could be an 8 hour day, clock rotates twice daily, each hour is divided by 4 for ease of reading.

Could be a mistake, too. It's quite the coincidence that Mekkan also uses a clock that spins twice a day.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#8 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

The amount of blush in these panels is over 9000 :grin: :grin:
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Warrl
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Warrl »

Maren is committed to this, but she can't yet admit it even to herself. If they're interrupted she'll say "thank goodness" and be severely disappointed.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by Bellhead »

Spoiler! nsfw
Also worth noting, Maren's expression is very much the typical "You gotta be kidding me", "what the heck is that" type reaction. Having never seen a keidran's before, I bet she's getting slightly terrified at the thought of it inside her.
Given her (prior) occupation, it's unlikely she was a virgin, but she doesn't seem like she's been "around", either. Sythe's name didn't even cross her mind, so it's likely she trusts him, and is simply nervous and/or afraid of the act. Her dedication to her decision remains to be seen, nor her true reason for accepting in the first place. She didn't even question her own decision to accept, either. Sure, she second-guessed herself half way to next week, but there wasn't any implication of it being a bad idea from her perspective. At least, not until she saw what he was packing. But even then, she didn't shy away with a "NOPE!", just a nervous "time for booze".

I think she's wanted this for a while, and doesn't want to lose the chance. She won't even consider backing out now, it's just a matter of how far she has to lose herself first. Probably not the best idea, but she's determined, I'll give her that.
Warrl wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:44 pm Maren is committed to this, but she can't yet admit it even to herself. If they're interrupted she'll say "thank goodness" and be severely disappointed.
I.. Well, I'm not sure. I bet she'd just blush, and run from being seen. But she'd still come back later. She's not the type to just leave it here. Heck, she might be the one propositioning him next time, if they get interrupted.
Last edited by Hayate on Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by CrRAR »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:49 pmGiven her (prior) occupation, it's unlikely she was a virgin, but she doesn't seem like she's been "around", either.
Yeah, the group of them are from a close-knit human village where such a relationship would probably mean social-pariah status or worse. Red’s attitude is indicative of the atmosphere, Keidran probably knew what places to steer clear of, especially those under Templar influence. Maren’s own inn was a “No Keidran” establishment, the mentality largely dictated to her by societial norms.

Basically, “We believe this way... because we do!” and it pervades and perpetuates.

So no opportunity for her to explore “What’s so wrong with such a relationship, exactly” till now, really as result of tyranny against intermingling. People are bound to get curious, she’s probably not the first or the last, and here we are, lol.

Beyond the initial shock. Physicality is largely a formality. It’s a means to an ends, especially as far as these two have deemed it.
—-
An amusing idea on how this gets broken up:
*Maren downs a strong drink courtesy of the table*

*some freaky estate magic from Clovis hijinx morphs Sythe into a true wolf* (borf, borf)

*Maren spins back around having psyched herself up*

*ahhh~* “ALRIGHT, let’s do this fluffbo-

*They share vacant stares at each other in silence across the room at what the hell is happening*

“...”

*Sythe, remaining commited to being a class act, puts on the best doggo bedroom face he can muster* xD

Bellhead wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:28 pmIf that's right, it's either just before noontime, or time is divided by powers of 2. Could be an 8 hour day, clock rotates twice daily, each hour is divided by 4 for ease of reading.

Could be a mistake, too. It's quite the coincidence that Mekkan also uses a clock that spins twice a day.
True, could just be par for the course.
Fight the power!

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by Bellhead »

CrRAR wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:42 pm
Bellhead wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:49 pmGiven her (prior) occupation, it's unlikely she was a virgin, but she doesn't seem like she's been "around", either.
Yeah, the group of them are from a close-knit human village where such a relationship would probably mean social-pariah status or worse. Red’s attitude is indicative of the atmosphere, Keidran probably knew what places to steer clear of, especially those under Templar influence. Maren’s own inn was a “No Keidran” establishment, the mentality largely dictated to her by societial norms.
To be fair, I was more referring to the stereotypical "one night stand" with the attractive tavern lady, possibly by a paying customer. I was merely implying that that scenario may have happened.

Given her earlier attitude and Red's demeanor, we already figured she'd never been with a keidran, but a one night stand in her teenage years may not be out of the question.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by BadJoke »

Spoiler! nsfw
I wonder how much "exotic" wolf equipment must look in comparison to human physiognomic.

No, seriously, if you take that in consideration, you can understand how it can be a challenge to go over the fear of the unknown/difference to jump in. Even as a furry liker I can totally see that being a real thing. I mean even a keidran female "intimate inside" must feel different... Through, obviously, Trace can't really be a good comparison to Maren's reaction. He has no memory of how it's supposed to feel with a human female and no interest in present "comparative testing".
Also, while I'm neutral to this ship I too hope it will go somewhere and build up. It's very well written, logic... it'd be a waste if it was only used for some jokes and forgotten after that.
AND I hope Tom doesn't go for a fanbase teasing joke, "interrupted at the last moment" style. That kind of stuff has been made a million times, isn't even funny and is really anticlimactic. Even for me it would be a downer. (At least let them reach "it" before pushing them back into the madness.)
Last edited by Hayate on Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by CrRAR »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:01 am
CrRAR wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:42 pm
with the attractive tavern lady
Let’s not forget “attractive ice queen tavern lady”. :P (Red’s words... plz don’t kill me)

I have no doubt Maren was always the type to get... what she wants. I mean she was dating Trace, a maniac, and was completely uninhibited when it came to immediately slapping him at first sight. She’s bold. Even if he was never around enough to “pay her any attention”. That implies she was used to amorus attention prior, or at least expected vying for her attention.

Technology in 2K is roughly the middle ages, what else are folks supposed to do to entertain themselves?
BadJoke wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:05 am AND I hope Tom doesn't go for a fanbase teasing joke, "interrupted at the last moment" style. That kind of stuff has been made a million times, isn't even funny and is really anticlimactic. Even for me it would be a downer. (At least let them reach "it" before pushing them back into the madness.)
haha

*Cues up Maren version of “we’re two different species, he says, it’s not possible, he says!”*
Fight the power!

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#15 Post by Technic[Bot] »

And Maren just realized he was not wearing anything? Half the people at the pool weren't!
Though that might be one of the reasons Maren accepted Sythe's proposition. After a while she realized, consciously or not. That all of the males Keidran were, to quote our favorite fleabag: "Anything but disgusting"
Bellhead wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:28 pm
CrRAR wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:16 pm
Ooo, good catch!
If that's right, it's either just before noontime, or time is divided by powers of 2. Could be an 8 hour day, clock rotates twice daily, each hour is divided by 4 for ease of reading.

onna go with the path of least resistance here. I think Tom was not paying attention while drawing the clock.
BadJoke wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:05 am
Spoiler! nsfw
I wonder how much "exotic" wolf equipment must look in comparison to human physiognomic.

No, seriously, if you take that in consideration, you can understand how it can be a challenge to go over the fear of the unknown/difference to jump in. Even as a furry liker I can totally see that being a real thing. I mean even a keidran female "intimate inside" must feel different... Through, obviously, Trace can't really be a good comparison to Maren's reaction. He has no memory of how it's supposed to feel with a human female and no interest in present "comparative testing".
Also, while I'm neutral to this ship I too hope it will go somewhere and build up. It's very well written, logic... it'd be a waste if it was only used for some jokes and forgotten after that.
AND I hope Tom doesn't go for a fanbase teasing joke, "interrupted at the last moment" style. That kind of stuff has been made a million times, isn't even funny and is really anticlimactic. Even for me it would be a downer. (At least let them reach "it" before pushing them back into the madness.)
I assume Maren really wants this, even if she does not accepts it. Else she would had simple fled room as soon as she gave him a good look. This reminds me something a professor of mine used to say: "If you do something while drunk you can do it while sober, alcohol does not change who you are, only disinhibits you a bit". To this day i feel conflicted about that sentence but I think it applies in this case.
Also I do hope they get to do something before the whole place goes up in flames. As you point out that joke is no longer funny. There is no necessity to show or spell out anything but suggesting it did happened would be good enough. I fact i think It would be best if they do not spell it out until the characters are ready for a real relationship. I would be a good way to add nuance a build up the pairing, you know they did it once then they start feeling more comfortable together and starting caring more of each other until they realize they do not want only that one night stand before the manor was blown to hell and high heavens.
Last edited by Hayate on Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide