Comic for January 4, 2020: Chicken Chaser

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Comic for January 4, 2020: Chicken Chaser

#31 Post by SpottedKitty »

Warrl wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:51 am Get several people in different parts of the mansion to simultaneously recite "a rose is a rose is a rose"...
That's how we got that sketch where she's sacked out on the couch with pizza and just wearing a shirt and socks... :twisted: :roll: :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Chicken Man
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The pizza

#32 Post by Chicken Man »

Yastreb wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:46 am
Chicken Man wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:28 am Oh my.

Wolves in the estate! Wolves outside the estate! Stuff is about to go down!

Someone is going to die. Someone always dies when stuff goes down. Who will it be? Probably Scythe... or Maren. A bold Tom would kill Keith or Natani...
I doubt that anyone will die. Tom hasn't killed a character since Laura, and she died relatively soon after first appearing in person (as opposed to illusions/flashbacks). Everybody who has been around for a long time seems to be safe. But if someone does die, I'd put my money on Mike or Evals.
Kill Evals... I can see that. What has he added besides pluckiness? Yes, the mutiny scene and fire and all, freeing the slaves, Eric changing, etc. Just as well Eric could have been written as not a jerk without that. Mike is interesting because he seems to be seriously conflicted over his freedom. Far more interesting than the plucky dog Evals I.M.O. Maybe Evals can heroic sacrifice himself for his good buddy Mike, making Mike even more conflicted. That's always a good option to throw out a comic relief in a surprisingly dramatic way. Heroic sacrifice. Or pointless murder by the big bad to prove his villainy. I'm just speculating at this point.

Or kill Eric and Kat can hook up with Natani's brother in her grief. Take out Maren. War is hell and innocents suffer. I'm fresh off Game of Thrones. We need horrors of war ovah here.
I'll cross the road and cluck with you.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#33 Post by aitaituo »

Chicken Man wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:54 am
Or kill Eric and Kat can hook up with Natani's brother in her grief. Take out Maren. War is hell and innocents suffer. I'm fresh off Game of Thrones. We need horrors of war ovah here.
lol

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#34 Post by Dadrobit »

aitaituo wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:08 am
Chicken Man wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:54 am
lol
Yeah, said it many a time before, and I've many more times to say it, but TwoKinds violence is A-Team violence ever since the Basitin Isles concluded. Everybody's shooting everyone else, explosions are inevitable, and still nobody ever dies.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#35 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Dadrobit wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:11 am
Chicken Man wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:54 am Kill Evals... I can see that. What has he added besides pluckiness? Yes, the mutiny scene and fire and all, freeing the slaves, Eric changing, etc. Just as well Eric could have been written as not a jerk without that. Mike is interesting because he seems to be seriously conflicted over his freedom. Far more interesting than the plucky dog Evals I.M.O. Maybe Evals can heroic sacrifice himself for his good buddy Mike, making Mike even more conflicted. That's always a good option to throw out a comic relief in a surprisingly dramatic way. Heroic sacrifice. Or pointless murder by the big bad to prove his villainy. I'm just speculating at this point.

lol
Yeah, said it many a time before, and I've many more times to say it, but TwoKinds violence is A-Team violence ever since the Basitin Isles concluded. Everybody's shooting everyone else, explosions are inevitable, and still nobody ever dies.
Honestly I do not think they will kill Evals, first simply as that is not in the general tone of the comic, second I have the feeling that he is gonna end up romantically involved with Mike. I am not a gambling man, thankfully, but if i were i would bet on Trace dying. If any character Is not getting a chance at seeing his children grow up is him. You know some last sacrifice to atone to all the evil he did but can't remember, or something like that.
Anyhow I think Twokinds violence is more anime/manga* violence. Sword are crossed, explosions happens and spells are cast and sometimes people die, but unless you are a villain most characters have a really high survivability rate. You know like FMA or something like that. Perhaps even Dragon Ball when even if a main character dies he would get resurrected not that many episodes later, or simple go to the afterlife and chill there....

*I think the technical term is shonen but the last time i watched anime the comic was still in the basitin isles.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#36 Post by Dadrobit »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:52 am
Dadrobit wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:11 am
Chicken Man wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:54 am Kill Evals... I can see that. What has he added besides pluckiness? Yes, the mutiny scene and fire and all, freeing the slaves, Eric changing, etc. Just as well Eric could have been written as not a jerk without that. Mike is interesting because he seems to be seriously conflicted over his freedom. Far more interesting than the plucky dog Evals I.M.O. Maybe Evals can heroic sacrifice himself for his good buddy Mike, making Mike even more conflicted. That's always a good option to throw out a comic relief in a surprisingly dramatic way. Heroic sacrifice. Or pointless murder by the big bad to prove his villainy. I'm just speculating at this point.

lol
Honestly I do not think they will kill Evals, first simply as that is not in the general tone of the comic, second I have the feeling that he is gonna end up romantically involved with Mike. I am not a gambling man, thankfully, but if i were i would bet on Trace dying. If any character Is not getting a chance at seeing his children grow up is him. You know some last sacrifice to atone to all the evil he did but can't remember, or something like that.
Anyhow I think Twokinds violence is more anime/manga* violence. Sword are crossed, explosions happens and spells are cast and sometimes people die, but unless you are a villain most characters have a really high survivability rate. You know like FMA or something like that. Perhaps even Dragon Ball when even if a main character dies he would get resurrected not that many episodes later, or simple go to the afterlife and chill there....

*I think the technical term is shonen but the last time i watched anime the comic was still in the basitin isles.
Nah, not even the villains die in this comic anymore. Saraphina was cut down to size by the Basitin trio in a rather grandiose fashion and still only suffered a wardrobe malfunction and a paper cut.

Her sidekicks were defeated by hormone imbalances and coffee promises.

Then you had the Wolf false flag where Brutus was hit by a dragon with enough force to break a city wall. Right as rain, bothered only by an empty stomach.

Raine went Super Saiyan on Carver and he just ended up on a far-off beach in the custody of a few scantily clad Basitins.

Tom had a chance for a bit of offscreen horror with the transmogrification of the manor trespassors and Rose possibly making a lunch out of them as some suggested when the page first premiered. But again we see with Roan that staying alive in Twokinds is super easy, barely an inconvenience! :mrgrin: