Comic for January 4, 2020: Chicken Chaser

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

elm
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Comic for January 4, 2020: Chicken Chaser

#16 Post by elm »

...Why were you a chicken, Roan?
I cannot describe how much I love the sincerity with which that is the first question he asks.

And that lighting in panel six for me just accentuates how handsome and pure this wolf is, certainly by the standards of who he associates with.. he may not have all the best qualities a guy can have, but he has seemingly none of the negative ones at all, and for me that makes him so lovable and endearing..!

Rafe
Council Member

#17 Post by Rafe »

BadJoke wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:34 pm Also, Tom wrote on his twitter account that Roan is the one who tried to incinerate Maeve with a fire ball. (Do what you want with that information.)
AmigaDragon wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:51 amSo, these transformations aren't so permanent,an attempt to kill appears to dispel them.
Seems like a retcon.
I'm not ready to admit that some safeguard to keep Roan alive turned him back into a wolf. We're seeing all kinds of signs that the Estate is being infiltrated. The amulet that Clovis now possesses is obviously there to give him and his Templar allies some kind of major advantage over Trace, and maybe this is part of it. This might just be a demonstration of their ability to reverse or defeat Trace's magic ability. One thing seems obvious, Tom telling us that Roan was the one who, without Trace intervening, would have killed Maeve, is letting us know that all of Trace's friends and allies are targets for death now. Anyone willing to to kill Maeve to get what they want is not going have second thoughts about killing anyone else.

There are reasons for hope, of course. Clovis, Brahn and friends could be very surprised at what Rose is capable of, and have no idea that she's been freed of her resrtictions. And while she lacks control, Raine apparently is surprisingly powerful. The rest of the gang aren't to be discounted either - Remember, Carver's magic was defeated by Zen and Mrs. Nibbly! And there are wildcards out there. Reni, and even Lady Nora, but the one I'm expecting, sooner or later, anyway, to make a major play (especially if Rose or Raine are in danger) is Euchre.

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#18 Post by Shockwave07 »

You know seeing the title of this page as Chicken Chaser makes me think of Fable and that infamous first nickname...

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#19 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I am a bit surprised supposedly dragon magic just turned off unceremoniously like that...
BadJoke wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:34 pm -snip-

That's surprisingly nice. I'm sure Old!Trace would have felt personally insulted if there had any risk of his magical defenses NOT inflicting a fate worth than death. Heck, he'd surely start eating even MORE roasted chicken after having the trap installed. And Rose, with her "we could use the eggs", seemed to think it really was definitive...

Unless Nora is more considerate and cautious than he though she was, and she made sure to add a few safety locks so the trap would result in nothing more than a scary prank and a temporary bad time, while lying to the two psychos to make sure they would not try to find a loop hole around that.
Who knows, maybe she did spend a long time around Trace after his "fall", to reign him a bit and prevent the worst from happening.

-snap-
I am sure that enchantment is pre-Dark trace as it is somehow reversible. I imagine if the enchantment was by Gran Wizard Dark Trace Legacy himself the target would be lobotomized and sent directly to the laboratory to be used in necromancy experiments.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#20 Post by tony1695 »

Rose can see everything going on in the estate, right? Who's to say she didn't reverse the magic, seeing this as a chance to get more info? After all, those two 'Templar' not returning would have surely raised alarm bells among whoever sent them. Knowing who sent them, and if there's a chance of reinforcements (which seems to be the case as of several pages ago), would be valuable.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Eclipse
Templar Master

#21 Post by Eclipse »

Rafe wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:45 pm And there are wildcards out there. Reni, and even Lady Nora, but the one I'm expecting, sooner or later, anyway, to make a major play (especially if Rose or Raine are in danger) is Euchre.
Or Trace and Flora. Their relationship seems to be a key part of whatever he's planning. Yeah, I can definitely see Euchre trying to help them, whether they want his help or not.

Chicken Man
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The pizza

#22 Post by Chicken Man »

Oh my.

Wolves in the estate! Wolves outside the estate! Stuff is about to go down!

Someone is going to die. Someone always dies when stuff goes down. Who will it be? Probably Scythe... or Maren. A bold Tom would kill Keith or Natani...
I'll cross the road and cluck with you.

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#23 Post by Yastreb »

Chicken Man wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:28 am Oh my.

Wolves in the estate! Wolves outside the estate! Stuff is about to go down!

Someone is going to die. Someone always dies when stuff goes down. Who will it be? Probably Scythe... or Maren. A bold Tom would kill Keith or Natani...
I doubt that anyone will die. Tom hasn't killed a character since Laura, and she died relatively soon after first appearing in person (as opposed to illusions/flashbacks). Everybody who has been around for a long time seems to be safe. But if someone does die, I'd put my money on Mike or Evals.

Rafe
Council Member

#24 Post by Rafe »

Sometimes it's hard to tell who's alive.
Given all that happens, I wonder if Rose is actually alive or not - if what we see is actually her or some kind of projection of what she was. Perhaps Trace created her as a much more sophisticated version of something like "Laura" in Keith's "heart's desire" spell. And for that matter, Euchre has only appeared as a disembodied projection lately.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#25 Post by Warrl »

It was some time from when we first met Rose in the mansion, and the first time we saw both her and someone else touch the same physical object. Which left me wondering, until it happened. (The first occasion was when she gave Reni her morning coffee.)

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#26 Post by stlsf4003 »

Rafe wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:25 pm Sometimes it's hard to tell who's alive.
Given all that happens, I wonder if Rose is actually alive or not - if what we see is actually her or some kind of projection of what she was. Perhaps Trace created her as a much more sophisticated version of something like "Laura" in Keith's "heart's desire" spell. And for that matter, Euchre has only appeared as a disembodied projection lately.
On the question of Rose. Have we ever seen her physically interact with any of team A since they arrived at the mansion? Like Lets say that some one tries to put a hand on her shoulder and their hand just goes right through it like it's not even there?
the lurking furry railroader

Warrl
Grand Templar

#27 Post by Warrl »

stlsf4003 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:02 pmOn the question of Rose. Have we ever seen her physically interact with any of team A since they arrived at the mansion? Like Lets say that some one tries to put a hand on her shoulder and their hand just goes right through it like it's not even there?
Reni's morning coffee - the first time that, indisputably, today's-Rose and another character physically handled the same object.

Rose hands Trace something considerably smaller than a dragon's coffee mug, so it's quite likely they touched. However, Trace's focus would have been on the object.

Later Rose gives Raine a collar, and then Raine gives Rose a torn-up sweater. Both of which could be done without physical contact between them. Also, Rose handles curtains that (apparently) Raine had previously shredded.

But I'm pretty sure there's no place where, absolutely definitively, anyone touches Rose or vice versa.

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#28 Post by stlsf4003 »

Warrl wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:11 am
stlsf4003 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:02 pmOn the question of Rose. Have we ever seen her physically interact with any of team A since they arrived at the mansion? Like Lets say that some one tries to put a hand on her shoulder and their hand just goes right through it like it's not even there?
Reni's morning coffee - the first time that, indisputably, today's-Rose and another character physically handled the same object.

Rose hands Trace something considerably smaller than a dragon's coffee mug, so it's quite likely they touched. However, Trace's focus would have been on the object.

Later Rose gives Raine a collar, and then Raine gives Rose a torn-up sweater. Both of which could be done without physical contact between them. Also, Rose handles curtains that (apparently) Raine had previously shredded.

But I'm pretty sure there's no place where, absolutely definitively, anyone touches Rose or vice versa.
Mighty odd that we have seen her try and lay a hand on anyone yet or the other way around.

Suspicious...............
the lurking furry railroader

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#29 Post by Bellhead »

stlsf4003 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:13 amMighty odd that we have seen her try and lay a hand on anyone yet or the other way around.

Suspicious...............
I'll have to disagree there. A proper servant would not come into physical contact with anyone of the house unless specifically instructed to do so. Highly inappropriate, you see.

I'm not sure if she's a projection or not, but I do believe she's been teleporting around at the very least. Observe how she appears whenever her name is said aloud. Seems likely that Trace would have done that, regardless of if she was alive or not.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#30 Post by Warrl »

Get several people in different parts of the mansion to simultaneously recite "a rose is a rose is a rose"...