Comic for December 14, 2019: Sythe Goes For It!

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rafe
Council Member

Re: Comic for December 14, 2019: Sythe Goes For It!

#76 Post by Rafe »

amenon wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:43 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:50 pm
Bellhead wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:23 am Also, somebody made a compelling argument for this being Maren's imagination. That thought just popped back into my head, and now I'm mad about it. And scared it might be right.

I have never awaited a new page so anxiously...
In any case I stand by my prediction. Maren is simply developing feelings for our favorite fleabag. Ang her mind is simply fantasizing about Sythe proposing first so she does not have to.
I don't really see how this could be the case -- I think there would have to be some kind of a visual storytelling indication (like different panel borders or something) if this was the case, or the end result would end up being confusing when read back.
There is one visual hint that no one seems to be commenting about along those lines:
Sythe reminds Maren about their first meeting, and comments about filthy things being fun.
Right then, as she takes a bite of the pizza, BEFORE Sythe suggests they hook up, Maren shifts her eyes - her mind wandering - and SHE BLUSHES.
So, even before Sythe makes his suggestion, Maren is already embarrassed by her own thoughts.

The question of course is, what kind of thoughts is she having to make her blush like that, even before Sythe gives her a reason to?

It could be, seeing the way Sythe is looking at her, she can guess what he's thinking already.

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#77 Post by DariusL »

Rafe wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:39 am It could be, seeing the way Sythe is looking at her, she can guess what he's thinking already.
Sythe wrote:I'm thinking Arby's
:P

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#78 Post by Bellhead »

Rafe wrote:Blush
Another district possibility.

No doubt she's embarrassed about her feelings at that moment, but which feelings would they be? She could just regret how friendly they acted on Pizza Night way back when, or her attraction now. Or anything in between.

Could even be the fact that she's eating pizza at a pool, wearing nothing but a bikini, sitting next to a keidran who's stark naked and practically flirting with her in spite of personal and systemic racism.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#79 Post by AmigaDragon »

Bellhead wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:58 am Could even be the fact that she's eating pizza at a pool, wearing nothing but a bikini, sitting next to a keidran who's stark naked and practically flirting with her in spite of personal and systemic racism.
Practically? I say blatantly.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#80 Post by Bellhead »

AmigaDragon wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:31 pm
Bellhead wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:58 am Could even be the fact that she's eating pizza at a pool, wearing nothing but a bikini, sitting next to a keidran who's stark naked and practically flirting with her in spite of personal and systemic racism.
I meant pre-blush. He could just as easily be seen as teasing her prudish conservative nature with party-based antics, up to.. propositioning her, anyway... Or he could have been testing the waters, as it were.

I have almost no eye for romantic subtleties in conversation like that.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Emp_Dragon
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Reni

#81 Post by Emp_Dragon »

Bellhead wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:13 am
AmigaDragon wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:31 pm
I meant pre-blush. He could just as easily be seen as teasing her prudish conservative nature with party-based antics, up to.. propositioning her, anyway... Or he could have been testing the waters, as it were.

I have almost no eye for romantic subtleties in conversation like that.
I can spot that kind of romantic tension a mile away as long as it's aimed at anyone other than myself.
If it is aimed at me, I won't see it as aimed at me unless accompanied by a 4lb brick to the forehead with a note adressed to me using my full names...

Rafe
Council Member

#82 Post by Rafe »

It could be that Sythe is a lot more perceptive when it comes to humans than we've realized. He did, after all, spend a good portion of his life living with and getting to know humans. Plus, being Keidran might make him better at noticing subtle body-language clues.

What I'm getting at is that look he's giving Maren after she blushes (the one in the lower right panel) might not just be him continuing to flirt with her.
I'm convinced he's thinking:

"You're thinking the same filthy thoughts I'm thinking now too, aren't you Maren?"

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#83 Post by TheMouse »

Rafe wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:53 pm It could be that Sythe is a lot more perceptive when it comes to humans than we've realized. He did, after all, spend a good portion of his life living with and getting to know humans. Plus, being Keidran might make him better at noticing subtle body-language clues.

What I'm getting at is that look he's giving Maren after she blushes (the one in the lower right panel) might not just be him continuing to flirt with her.
I'm convinced he's thinking:

"You're thinking the same filthy thoughts I'm thinking now too, aren't you Maren?"
This. This right here. Sythe isn't a bumpkin, he's not naive. He's also keidran, with the culture involved, and in a situation where acting in culture isn't going to get him killed. Culture that says "if you like someone, sex is a good way to be friendly".
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.