Comic for November 23th, 2019: Reni Returns

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

JayJayForce
Citizen

Re: Comic for November 23th, 2019: Reni Returns

#46 Post by JayJayForce »

Emp_Dragon wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:12 am Regardless, her 'work in progress' is already breath takingly perfect as is.
Definitely. One of the best designs so far in the comic.
Neutral Smith wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:30 pmShe really looks like a young teenager (somewhere between 13 and 15), just like she is as a dragon. Too old to be a child, too young to be an adult.
Counterpoint, one of my sister's old friends is in her 20's and is about as big as Reni is pictured here. Some women are just naturally flat as can be.

Bit difficult to tell age in comics like this, but personally she looked immediately like a women to me, not a young girl. High teens to low twenties. It's in her height, hips and face to me where you can see her maturity.

Emp_Dragon
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Reni

#47 Post by Emp_Dragon »

JayJayForce wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:33 am
Emp_Dragon wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:12 am Regardless, her 'work in progress' is already breath takingly perfect as is.
Definitely. One of the best designs so far in the comic.
Neutral Smith wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:30 pmShe really looks like a young teenager (somewhere between 13 and 15), just like she is as a dragon. Too old to be a child, too young to be an adult.
Counterpoint, one of my sister's old friends is in her 20's and is about as big as Reni is pictured here. Some women are just naturally flat as can be.

Bit difficult to tell age in comics like this, but personally she looked immediately like a women to me, not a young girl. High teens to low twenties. It's in her height, hips and face to me where you can see her maturity.
Yeah, that was closer to my estimation too, somewhere between 18-25, not mid puberty. Either way, I'm more interested in who Reni is as a character, how she percives the world and herself in it, her dreams and motivations and frustrations.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#48 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Emp_Dragon wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:58 pm
Yeah, that was closer to my estimation too, somewhere between 18-25, not mid puberty. Either way, I'm more interested in who Reni is as a character, how she percives the world and herself in it, her dreams and motivations and frustrations.
Well, she has stated in-comic that she's about 20. Other than that, I must agree. She's managed to reveal a few details about herself, but not enough that fanfic-writers would be able to get a firm grasp on her character, so... Yeah. Someone should suggest a reference sheet for her. I'm sure Tom would be up to the challenge of making a ref sketch of a character who doesn't normally make use of a humanoid form.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

jrh150482
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#49 Post by jrh150482 »

Karen forgot the most important rule, which is displayed in my signature.

All kidding aside, I hope Human!Reni sticks around for a while.
Thou shalt not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and goest well with ketchup.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#50 Post by AmigaDragon »

Neutral Smith wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:30 pm
Depends on your age. If you are 14 she can be good (although a bit underdeveloped), if you are 38...

She really looks like a young teenager (somewhere between 13 and 15), just like she is as a dragon. Too old to be a child, too young to be an adult.
Compared to dragon lifespans, she's a newborn. However, the first couple decades of maturity could be comparable to human, basitin or even keidran development. As a shapeshifter though, actual or relative age has very little to do with apparent age once shifting is learned.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Emp_Dragon
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Reni

#51 Post by Emp_Dragon »

AmigaDragon wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:33 pm
Neutral Smith wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:30 pm
Depends on your age. If you are 14 she can be good (although a bit underdeveloped), if you are 38...

She really looks like a young teenager (somewhere between 13 and 15), just like she is as a dragon. Too old to be a child, too young to be an adult.
Compared to dragon lifespans, she's a newborn. However, the first couple decades of maturity could be comparable to human, basitin or even keidran development. As a shapeshifter though, actual or relative age has very little to do with apparent age once shifting is learned.
Especially if compared to the current scientific indicators of dinosaur development where sauropods for example essentially grew from basketball sized hatchlings to nearly adult size of 20ish tons in less than two years.

That translates to similiar lines to that of the Temeraire novels, where a heavy class dragon (18+ tons) grows about 3m & 2
100kg/day if properly fed until adult weight is reached and then slows down in weight growth while still growing in length and wingspan until reaching adult size and sexual maturity between one and a half to two years of age while still having natural life expectancy counted in centuries.

It seems TK dragon growth is different though, and it would be nice to eventually have a note about that from Tom :)