Comic for November 16th, 2019: Thinking for Once

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Thebestofrobin
Citizen

Comic for November 16th, 2019: Thinking for Once

#1 Post by Thebestofrobin »

Is sword-for-brains the final tower? ;-)

Edit: Also, place your bets. Is Natani going Human style of Keidran style?
I'm going with Human style.

Rafe
Council Member

Re: Comic for November 16th, 2019: Thinking for Once

#2 Post by Rafe »

Thebestofrobin wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:51 am
Edit: Also, place your bets. Is Natani going Human style of Keidran style?
I'm going with Human style.
I'd say Human, but the real question is whether it's going to be a male or female bathing suit (or maybe something different). For the last few looks we've had, it looks like her body is altered (male) at the moment.
Evals looks like he's curious about Natani too, but Keith is discretely in his line of sight.

Also, Raine did wear the yellow polka-dot bikini.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#3 Post by Elemental Templar »

Also betting on Human Style

But Maren's internal revelation on Red's behavior makes me wonder what her reaction will be once she finds out Trace's keidran "Girlfriend" is pregnant with his kid.

(I put girlfriend in quotes because they're culturally/basically engaged)
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Thebestofrobin
Citizen

#4 Post by Thebestofrobin »

Rafe wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:50 pm
I'd say Human, but the real question is whether it's going to be a male or female bathing suit (or maybe something different). For the last few looks we've had, it looks like her body is altered (male) at the moment.
Evals looks like he's curious about Natani too, but Keith is discretely in his line of sight.

Also, Raine did wear the yellow polka-dot bikini.
I hadn't noticed yet that Natani appears to be male at the moment.
I guess I'm used to seeing her as female and I can only see her as female despite the image suggesting something else.
Now I'm really curious as to what it's going to be.

Also good catch on Evals look, hadn't noticed that yet!

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#5 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Regarding Natani, I would likewise bet heavily on him not stripping completely. He may be more comfortable with his body now, but that doesn't mean he'd be willing to go naked in front of everyone. (We can see just from his expression here that he's still not completely comfortable about the whole thing.) As to exactly what he'll end up wearing, I would expect shorts and the bindings rather than a female bathing suit. He went right back to presenting as male again as soon as he could get more mana crystals the morning after they got here (and we can see he's still currently doing so), and while he may now own one pair of frilly panties courtesy of Kat I don't expect him to wear anything remotely feminine-styled in front of everyone. Anytime we've seen him in something resembling undergarments in the past it's been shorts, so that's what I'd expect he's wearing now, and we know he's wearing the bindings.

I'm not sure if Evals is looking at Nat, it seems to me that he and Mike are more looking in the direction of Trace and Flora.

I love Raine being all wide-eyed and geeking out over (I assume) the magic of the room, it's so adorable. Never change, Raine! :grin:

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#6 Post by AmigaDragon »

Perhaps Natani is revisiting her male illusion now that she has some fresh (not re-re-re-re-recharged) mana crystals. While it might be modified now for the tactile (BWOM!) problem for outside observers, I doubt she would feel any difference if such a chest contact were repeated. Though perhaps this hasn't been fixed yet, it would take testing (more BWOM!) to make it work right.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Warrl
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Warrl »

Rafe wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:50 pm Also, Raine did wear the yellow polka-dot bikini.
You forgot the link. :mrgreen:

Loveknowsbest
Citizen

#8 Post by Loveknowsbest »

Its the itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini that she first wore today. lol. Finally Red is starting to show more consideration for Raine.

Bad Bart

#9 Post by Bad Bart »

I think Maren had better watch out. I see :squirrel: tail heading up a palm tree, coconuts away. :mrgrin:

Warrl
Grand Templar

#10 Post by Warrl »

Someone might point out to Red that the dog, fox, white cat, younger white wolf-shifter, two brown wolves, and two of the rabbit-cat-things were more or less shoved onto Trace by recent circumstances. (He should at least be aware that the three wolves in that collection came with him.)

The older white wolf-shifter probably originally got dragged in by Saria.

The origin of the connection with the bronze dragon is unclear. Keiren apparently didn't expect Trace or anyone with him to know about her, but she was already familiar with Trace's mansion... pending further info I'm saying that she probably moved in (at least to the extent of borrowing one of his fountains to bathe in) after Trace disappeared.

But the white dragon, that was pre-amnesia Trace. And the tiger, other brown wolf, and one rabbit-cat-thing are post-amnesia Trace.

HSishi
Citizen

#11 Post by HSishi »

I think Natani goes for Human style and the small blush somehow indicates she's wearing a bikini.

greywolf
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

#12 Post by greywolf »

Such a great page. Like a big awkward get to know you party. I'm betting Nat will have on a tee shirt. A Hawaiian shirt would be a riot though. Yes Soo many bikinis with more girls to come. And a maybe a black dragon?

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#13 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I am pretty sure NAt is gonna end up wearing shorts and his bindings. After all we had a side sketch a few weeks, months showing Nat, Keith, Flora and Traces "playing" beach volleyball. Nat was wearing a simple short and the bandages. So I doubt we will see anything else.
Honestly I am not sure if we will ever get to see him in Kats "gift" as it could be very easy to write them off: "Oh those things? Got burned in the state" or something like that.
Besides I am actually quite surprised our favorite couple actually decided to go to the beach with everyone else. First of all I am not sure Keith likes Beaches that much since he was left to die at the sea. And as Mr Eclipse pointed out Nat might not be comfortable being naked or in swimwear near anyone besides Keith. And Nat has also pointed out he is worried he will be treated differently now that his secret is out.
Alas most of the group has already seen Nat without bindings and he even kissed Keith in front of everyone if I recall correctly. So this might be little more than a minor embarrassment for him. After all most of the persons in the room are either friends or close acquaintances so he can feel safe.
At the end of the day I doubt the group will give it much though to Nat swimwear or person as all of them have much more urgent matters to attend at the moment.

On the other hand I now Red is not the brightest bulb on the porch. But I doubt he is as stupid as most of the other characters portray him, sure he is recklessness and acts before thinking but I would not characterize him as an idiot or stupid.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#14 Post by AmigaDragon »

Warrl wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:20 pmSomeone might point out to Red that the dog, fox, white cat, younger white wolf-shifter, two brown wolves, and two of the rabbit-cat-things were more or less shoved onto Trace by recent circumstances. (He should at least be aware that the three wolves in that collection came with him.)
White cat? The only white cat we've seen was Nora, and she's still sleeping on the basitin island.
The older white wolf-shifter probably originally got dragged in by Saria.
Unless Red was listening through the door, so far only Raine knows Rose can shift to human. And yes, she was there for Saria (and for whatever reason Trace couldn't get rid of her after Saria's death). Their relationship was first seen in The Dragon Masquerade.
The origin of the connection with the bronze dragon is unclear. Keiren apparently didn't expect Trace or anyone with him to know about her, but she was already familiar with Trace's mansion... pending further info I'm saying that she probably moved in (at least to the extent of borrowing one of his fountains to bathe in) after Trace disappeared.
I'd say Reni is more of a charcoal grey than anything near bronze. While she was already familiar with its location, she had to ask his permission to enter the mansion. When was she bathing in his fountain? She was only drinking from it while she waited for the carriages to arrive.
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:56 amAlas most of the group has already seen Nat without bindings and he even kissed Keith in front of everyone if I recall correctly. So this might be little more than a minor embarrassment for him. After all most of the persons in the room are either friends or close acquaintances so he can feel safe.
Trace & Flora arrived late to that revelation and may not have been told yet by anyone else on team A, while it's a toss-up whether any of those on team B caught the "her" reference (particularly since it was in Keidran).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by BadJoke »

Can't help but think the "Sorry for the wait." is a 4th wall joke from Tom about the little delay it took him to release the last pages.

Also Red is making efforts, it's a good thing.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.