Comic for October 19th, 2019: Beach pounce

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rafe
Council Member

Re: Comic for October 19th, 2019: Beach pounce

#16 Post by Rafe »

With that last scene, Keith and Natani seem to have relapsed back to the self-consciousness and doubt about where their relationship was going. What's Keith supposed to think when he hears that Natani is seriously thinking about a, ...uhm, deeper relationship, but instead of telling him, she tells her brother. And Natani, no doubt, wasn't ready for Keith know this, is going to be afraid she's pushing things too fast again. It looks like rather than clear things up between them, it might have thrown a wrench into things.

It's always been obvious that they care about each other, in fact they care more for each other than for life itself, but now they're both caught in a place where they're too afraid or embarrassed to say anything. They can barely even make eye contact. At least Zen has gone from panicked to supportive. He literally has to know how Natani feels. Teasing her about it probably doesn't help, though.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#17 Post by Him »

As is customary, I am obligated to appear when Keith and Natani are on screen. I'm glad they're popping up even if they are not the main focus of the page.

steelabjur
Council Member

#18 Post by steelabjur »

They've shown in the AU sketches a propensity for being low-key in their PDA (a good example would be, appropriately enough, Public Display of Affection), it has no reflection on how they interact privately with each other. Might be due to the private way they got together and how they're relationship might be taken by others.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#19 Post by AmigaDragon »

Rafe wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:22 amIt's always been obvious that they care about each other,
I didn't think that quite started until Keith bought her the mana crystals, and not romantically (for him at least) til later.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Rafe
Council Member

#20 Post by Rafe »

We first saw how much Keith really cared for Natani when he tried to kill himself to stop from harming her here: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/459/.
With Natani, the the moment we saw how much Keith meant to her had to be when she decides she has to keep Keith alive by forcing Keith out of the Heart's-Desire spell and the Laura illusion. The heartbreaking choice for her was that she could leave Keith with his Laura illusion and his eventual death, or if she saved Keith's life, Keith would hate her for it and she would lose him forever anyway. By deciding to force Keith into giving up "Laura", she put Keith's life ahead of her feelings - feelings so strong she came out in front of the others and said them, with tears in her eyes yet. Probably the bravest, most selfless things she's ever done.

borken
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#21 Post by borken »

Natani's a guy, right? Why does everyone here use "she"to refer to him?

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#22 Post by AmigaDragon »

Rafe wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:30 am We first saw how much Keith really cared for Natani when ...
With Natani, the the moment we saw how much Keith meant to her...
All of which is after the mana crystal purchase. :wink:
borken wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:48 pm Natani's a guy, right? Why does everyone here use "she"to refer to him?
That's an entire discussion we've had long ago in the forum. It was decided that we'll each use the pronoun we choose for him/her, and not argue over it. As far as Natani's view on the matter is concerned, I see that male/female distinction blurring with gradual acceptance of her female side.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#23 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

AmigaDragon wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:35 pm
borken wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:48 pm Natani's a guy, right? Why does everyone here use "she"to refer to him?
That's an entire discussion we've had long ago in the forum.
Many, many, many times.

Anyway, welcome to the forums borken :D

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#24 Post by Technic[Bot] »

AmigaDragon wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:11 am
Shockwave07 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:03 am True, and I get the feeling our couple are addressing Mike and Evals here, one day after Natani finally coming clean on the body thing not being Basitin black magic (woman body).
They're responding to Flora. BTW, along with group B, Trace and Flora are probably still unaware of her secret, having arrived after the reveal and resulting conversation.
Honestly I think everyone has more pressing matter on their hands at the moment to actually question Natani identity. Evals an Mike are about to divorce, Flora and Trace are about to get married and are waiting for a hybrid baby, Rose is gonna teach her gifted niece how to use magic and after all they are basically refugees fleeing for a war tagging along the very same man that instigated this conflict but with amnesia. Also, even if they do not know it, they are a few slip ups away from him reverting into magical Hitler.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide