Comic For October 5, 2019: Lesson Over, Class Begun

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Warrl
Grand Templar

Re: Comic For October 5, 2019: Lesson Over, Class Begun

#31 Post by Warrl »

Euchre could also have, oh, I dunno, claimed that Mary Rose was a neighbor's slave and that through interacting with her and other slaves he understands a tiny bit of keidran... chatted with her (deliberately pronouncing things badly so they are barely intelligible in keidran) and then said "her master sent her to tell me that my mother is very ill."

(Of course, he needs his story to be consistent with any previous lies he's told... if he's claimed to not speak keidran at all, that's a problem with the above story and he needs a different one, but if he's admitted to speaking it a tiny bit - or said nothing on the subject and let people make assumptions - then that story is good.)

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#32 Post by AmigaDragon »

Warrl wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:46 pm Euchre could also have, oh, I dunno, claimed that Mary was a neighbor's slave and...
Make that Rose. :wink:
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#33 Post by Technic[Bot] »

The way I see it is that Euchre put himself was put in an extremely difficult situation and the proceed to choose the worst possible solution.
In any case most of the cast, with perhaps the exception of Dark Trace, is neither a Saint nor a Daemon they are all people with failings and defects. And yes that does makes them take terrible decisions and/or do dumb stuff every once in a while, but that does not makes them evil monsters. At the end they are nuanced characters that is one of the main strengths of the comic. In my opinion though
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide