The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for September 28, 2019: Booming Success

#31 Post by AmigaDragon »

SpottedKitty wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:06 pm
AmigaDragon wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:55 pm
Warrl wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:03 pmOr "Thank you, Bishop, I would like another pint of concrete."
You lost me there.
Sounds like it would fit in either ITMA or The Goon Show. :mrgreen:
Still lost (never heard of them).
Warrl wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:12 pm Everyday Heroes (warning: link to Lair of the Time Eater)
Yeah, I had that much of it to begin with.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#32 Post by SirJahar »

Ok... anyone else feel like this was rushed, for want of a better word?

greywolf
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

#33 Post by greywolf »

While was posted in a shorter than average time frame, I don't see any lack of quality in the artwork or the plot development. I also feel that the resolution to the situation in Raine's room was well thought out and quite appropriate.
I was very happy to see that the next page out and also to see that we weren't left in a cliffhanger by checking on one of the other groups. That being said I am also one of those guys that is hooked and sit with puppy eyes when no new pics or comics (or forum updates) are posted, so short wait times make me happy

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#34 Post by SpottedKitty »

AmigaDragon wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:07 am
SpottedKitty wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:06 pm Sounds like it would fit in either ITMA or The Goon Show. :mrgreen:
Still lost (never heard of them).
They were both household-name radio programmes on the BBC; ITMA (It's That Man Again) was in the 1940s starring the comedian Tommy Handley. The Goon Show (you've really never heard of them?) was in the 1950s, starring Spike Milligan (who wrote most of the material, and it shows), Harry Secombe, and Peter Sellers. The Goons in particular were famous for off-the-wall surreal stuff; that quote really could have been something Spike came up with.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#35 Post by SirJahar »

greywolf wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:39 pm I also feel that the resolution to the situation in Raine's room was well thought out and quite appropriate.
We'll have to disagree there.

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#36 Post by Yastreb »

SirJahar wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:11 am Ok... anyone else feel like this was rushed, for want of a better word?
If you mean plot-wise, I don't think so. They have spent fair amount of time in the estate already, at least real world time, and there hasn't been much going on lately. Just this and the encounter with the stone guardian. Maybe beach party will be the end of this episode and after that they will set out again.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#37 Post by AmigaDragon »

I'm waiting to see what Mike ends up doing. Hire on as additional estate staff, follow Trace & Flora, find a job in Edinmire? What about Sealeen & Landen, will they hang around long enough for Lynn & Maddie to see and ask where they've been all the time they've been at the estate, or wander off again? Do groups A & B merge or reshuffle a bit? Has Carver escaped the western basitins only to be captured by the eastern? Did that gem really do what Clovis wanted, and how permanent (how persistent is Nora's magic)? How much does Brutus really know? (Personally, I think he's more loyal to 'the boss' and naive about Clovis' real intentions than actually bad himself. And interrogation may reveal more to Reni and Lt. Reed than he realizes he knows.)
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen