Comic for September 28, 2019: Booming Success

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

Comic for September 28, 2019: Booming Success

#1 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Success... of a sort, anyway! :grin: And yet more indication of just how powerful she actually is - I noted before that those collars looked different, but I didn't figure it was because they were personally enchanted by Trace. :shock: (And that puts the lie to Rose's statement previously that it "isn't even a particularly strong collar", too - she's definitely not above subterfuge in her training here!) That's certainly quite the accomplishment! I wonder - Rose obviously didn't realize how strong Raine was, but I wonder if even Raine herself knows. She of course knows that she has magical talent, but she's untrained. Does she actually have the context to realize how exceptional she is? Does *anyone* actually realize?

And Red must have a head made of solid bone to take that sort of whack and come right back with an "I'm okay!" like that, heh. Though of course we already knew he was a complete bonehead, so not really a surprise. :wink:

And I think it's time for Raine to get a new shirt! (And maybe pants too?) Surely the table can summon up some clothes for her, so she doesn't have to go around in such revealing and insecure garb anymore?

Shockwave07
Apprentice

Re: Comic for September 28, 2019: Booming Success

#2 Post by Shockwave07 »

I almost expected just looking at the jumping Raine panel for her to shout, I'm free!

Either way she has more potential than most realize.

Edit: And can imagine Rose thinking, why does she have to break everything? I liked this toy.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#3 Post by CrRAR »

Dare I say, smashing good show there Raine! Broke the collar, broke the door... broke Red (eh, that boy is already broken); shattered expectations. All in the nick of time.

I wonder if Rose may ponder what other sorts of things Raine can break, if needed.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#4 Post by BadFoMo »

I must have a deranged mind. I can sort of see Rose doing one of the interview segments of ‘The Streak’ by Ray Stevens.

Trace: There seems to have been an incident here. Pardon me, Rose, did you see what happened?
Rose: Yeah I did. I was standing over here trying to help Raine gets her transformations under control with one of your old control collars when Red stepped in. I had asked her to do something that she didn't particularly want to do which caused the caller to start breaking. I hollered over to Red; I said “Don't look Red!” but it was too late, he'd already been flashed.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by BadJoke »

I must say I like Tom decision of making a character more powerful than Trace the main character. It's not so frequent and offers some interesting, possible interactions.

Also I've just noticed that, on a visual level, I'm starting to prefer the humans over the Keidrans. Normally I always find furries to be prettier in any drawn media but somehow the recent evolution in Tom's art style as made humans more good looking. As if they expressed they're beauty more "efficiently" than Keidrans. ...Damn, it's hard to explain. And very weird.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by SpottedKitty »

Heh — I only managed to catch the beginning of the art stream the other night, so I thought Raine had just kicked Red, like she did when he wouldn't stop stroking her tail. Had to laugh at the "...I'm okay!" bit.

Now we've seen Raine handle a collar Evil!Trace himself enchanted, I'm wondering about something else. Way back on the road with Group B, Raine considered fixing her old shackle to be "simple" once she had the right materials. Was it really, or was it her dialled-up-to-eleven raw magical talent plus the right materials? IIRC none of Group B told anyone in Group A where they'd got the shackle from, only that that's what caused the injury to Zen's leg when it melted.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

greywolf
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

#7 Post by greywolf »

Fantastic! Ok que the i told you so's from the people that predected all of this. From the broken collar and boom to top falling off (ok almost but I'll take what I can get ) Raine' smile is nice to see.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#8 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Happy Raine is best Raine.
So know Raine being overpowered is now a plot point. Wonder were this will take us?
Maybe at the end of the chapter Raine will have to fight or at least defend against evil Trace. That would be an interesting scene...

Also wondering what her new outfit will look like. Nat new clothes were a great improvement over his plain robe so I have high expectations for Raine's new clothes.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

steelabjur
Council Member

#9 Post by steelabjur »

Well, Raine being powerful shouldn't really be a surprise, her mother was the former Grand Templar and her father is a member of the Master Templars, her lack of training is really the limiting factor of her potential.

xcvb

#10 Post by xcvb »

Good for Her, poor Rose, but for comedy relief:
With sound:
https://ifunny.co/video/randy-writes-a- ... -rCPa790w6

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by SpottedKitty »

I just realised — Rose was at least partly fibbing a little bit when she told Raine she didn't really expect her to put the collar on. Sneaky, sneaky wolfie... :twisted:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

SomeNiceUser
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#12 Post by SomeNiceUser »

Now on top of ripped curtains, Rose has to fix (or replace) a door.
-Sometimes, you just need a dash of motivation, and a cup of coffee.

greywolf
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

#13 Post by greywolf »

Anybody else notice that Rose's hair and outfit were not messed up or disturbed at all in the release of energy?

SomeNiceUser
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#14 Post by SomeNiceUser »

greywolf wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:32 pm Anybody else notice that Rose's hair and outfit were not messed up or disturbed at all in the release of energy?
Seems like Raine did a controlled blast.

Edit: Noticed that the 7th panel shows curtain on fire.
-Sometimes, you just need a dash of motivation, and a cup of coffee.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#15 Post by AmigaDragon »

steelabjur wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:39 pm Well, Raine being powerful shouldn't really be a surprise, her mother was the former Grand Templar and her father is a member of the Master Templars, her lack of training is really the limiting factor of her potential.
No argument there. While at the Legacy Estate, maybe she'll find and borrow some books she's never had access to growing up. I also think Natani could be a pretty powerful mage, considering what she's been able to do without any formal training or study materials (is she illiterate even in written keidran? What about Zen?). She's entirely experimentally self-taught. What could she do if taught how to make her spells more efficient?
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:19 pmAlso wondering what her new outfit will look like. Nat new clothes were a great improvement over his plain robe so I have high expectations for Raine's new clothes.
I'm sure Rose will help her find something nicer than we've ever seen her wear (pretty plain so far).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen