Comic for September 28, 2019: Booming Success

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

greywolf
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

Re: Comic for September 28, 2019: Booming Success

#16 Post by greywolf »

I agree about Raine's outfit, something more fitting for a super strong mage. It does have to be easy to draw for Tom's sake though

Tiennos
Citizen

#17 Post by Tiennos »

Well, her next outfit should be... a bikini! Seriously, there's a beach party going on right now.

But for the future, I suppose she'd have to get clothes that can fit two different forms, I'm curious to see how that will turn out.
I'm adorable !

Rafe
Council Member

#18 Post by Rafe »

I can see it now - Raine trying to explain to Kathrin why she needs a special favor:

RAINE:
...Never mind why, I just need you to do it for me!

KATHRIN:
I'm sorry, it's just that I've just never had anyone ask me to make flame-retardant swimwear before.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#19 Post by SpottedKitty »

Tiennos wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:12 pm But for the future, I suppose she'd have to get clothes that can fit two different forms, I'm curious to see how that will turn out.
I had a character with limited shapeshifting abilities (almost, but not quite, reliably under conscious control) who considered the elasticated waistband to be one of the greatest inventions in history. Keep in mind that Raine's full keidran form is a bit taller and more muscular than her human one.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Makaira

#20 Post by Makaira »

greywolf wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:32 pm Anybody else notice that Rose's hair and outfit were not messed up or disturbed at all in the release of energy?
Raine wasn't harmed either, so the blast probably wasn't from the collar being destroyed. She probably caused the blast herself, and because it was a manifestation of her desire to prevent Red from seeing her topless, it was probably directed predominantly at Red.

MaverickMopete
Citizen

#21 Post by MaverickMopete »

The question now is, is this a permanent fix? Or did she only turn back to normal because she blew out all her mana at once, like she did when she supercharged that fox's teleport spell?

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#22 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Now I cannot stop hearing Red say that he's okay in an identical manner to Captain Man from the Nickelodeon show Henry Danger. Anyone else have that issue going for them?

(If anyone needs any background, it's that Captain Man is indestructible due to a lab accident in his youth, specifically getting blasted by a device that makes things dense enough that a window hit by the beams can't be broken, and now after he recovers from the initial physical shock, he heroically says "I'm okay!")
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

greywolf
New Citizen

#23 Post by greywolf »

I think I see a bit of a running gag coming, everytime Raine gets upset or angry she falls into wolf form. Imagine during an argument, "I said we go this way!" And she grows a few inches and literally gets fangs and growls.

Rafe
Council Member

#24 Post by Rafe »

greywolf wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:54 am I think I see a bit of a running gag coming, everytime Raine gets upset or angry she falls into wolf form. Imagine during an argument, "I said we go this way!" And she grows a few inches and literally gets fangs and growls.
And if she REALLY gets mad, she explodes and sets something (or someone) on fire.

greywolf
New Citizen

#25 Post by greywolf »

Instead of Red saying "I'm ok" from a pile of rubble it be "yes dear"

HSishi
Citizen

#26 Post by HSishi »

greywolf wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:54 am I think I see a bit of a running gag coming, everytime Raine gets upset or angry she falls into wolf form.
Some sort of "Mood indicator"? Messy hair -> longer fingernails -> long teeth -> ... -> Full Wolf form (indicates she is REALLY mad)? :grin:

Warrl
Grand Templar

#27 Post by Warrl »

greywolf wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:25 pm Instead of Red saying "I'm ok" from a pile of rubble it be "yes dear"
Or "Thank you, Bishop, I would like another pint of concrete."

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#28 Post by AmigaDragon »

Warrl wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:03 pmOr "Thank you, Bishop, I would like another pint of concrete."
You lost me there.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#29 Post by SpottedKitty »

AmigaDragon wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:55 pm
Warrl wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:03 pmOr "Thank you, Bishop, I would like another pint of concrete."
You lost me there.
Sounds like it would fit in either ITMA or The Goon Show. :mrgreen:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Warrl
Grand Templar

#30 Post by Warrl »

SpottedKitty wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:06 pm
AmigaDragon wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:55 pm
You lost me there.
Sounds like it would fit in either ITMA or The Goon Show. :mrgreen:
Everyday Heroes (warning: link to Lair of the Time Eater)