Comic for September 25, 2019: Overpowering Desperation

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

greywolf
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

Re: Comic for September 25, 2019: Overpowering Desperation

#16 Post by greywolf »

And Tiennos I like your final thought! Poor red would have the male reaction of temporary brain shut down at the sight of boobs though.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#17 Post by BadJoke »

JayJayForce wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:02 pm
MuonNeutrino wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:09 pmI actually kinda want Raine to be a bit mad at Rose over this. It was effective, sure, but that's going a bit far. I know Rose's character sheet says 'enjoys messing with people', but I think she's gotta re-learn how to interact with normal people again.
Yeah, I agree. Also hope Red gets mad as well. Would be good for his character development and relations with Raine.

So looks like Raine managed to turn (at least mostly) Human, but I really don't think her disintegrating the collar was expected. Honestly, I think Raine has more magical potential than Trace by a long shot. She just doesn't have any control over it yet.
I concur. Whatever the intentions she still forced a girl (who's a close family relative to beat) with self esteem issues to undress in front of someone she cares a lot for. And had her fun doing so. That's a massive dick move and it's not funny when you think about it.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

SilentYay
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Lady Nora

#18 Post by SilentYay »

Sky Shatter wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:58 am I'm gonna laugh if it turns out to be too little, too late and her victory pose ends up including her top in her hand.
Ok, this needs to happen. XD

SangheiliSpecOp
Traveler

#19 Post by SangheiliSpecOp »

Awww man....

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#20 Post by aitaituo »

Tiennos wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:36 amNow I want to see Raine's top unravel on its own while she's happy celebrating her success, because comedy!
Yes...comedy...

Rafe
Council Member

#21 Post by Rafe »

BadJoke wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:01 pm I concur. Whatever the intentions she still forced a girl (who's a close family relative to beat) with self esteem issues to undress in front of someone she cares a lot for. And had her fun doing so. That's a massive dick move and it's not funny when you think about it.
I don't think Rose thought this was funny. I think she was serious in trying to get several things through to Raine:

1) You have the power to control your magic if you push yourself hard enough.
2) You DO have some serious level magic abilities, which is why 1) is so important to pursue.
3) You can't trust anyone. Not even me. Those who are closest to you and the ones you trust the most are the ones who can hurt you worst of all.

Number 3) might be a horribly cynical thing to believe, but it's obviously something that's deeply felt by Rose. I'm sure everyone remembers seeing her intense painful reaction when she saw Raine being, in her opinion, far too trusting.

Rose's talent for "messing with people", in this case, wasn't being used for humor. Rose obviously could see potential harm happening here. I think she was doing it to make a point; one that is very painful for her to talk about directly.

Makaira

#22 Post by Makaira »

Rafe wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:37 am I don't think Rose thought this was funny. I think she was serious in trying to get several things through to Raine:
[...]
3) You can't trust anyone. Not even me. Those who are closest to you and the ones you trust the most are the ones who can hurt you worst of all.

Number 3) might be a horribly cynical thing to believe, but it's obviously something that's deeply felt by Rose. I'm sure everyone remembers seeing her intense painful reaction when she saw Raine being, in her opinion, far too trusting.

Pretty sure that's a reference to how Euchre hung her out to dry (literally) when she desperately needed his help.

http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/724/

Rafe
Council Member

#23 Post by Rafe »

Makaira wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:00 am Pretty sure that's a reference to how Euchre hung her out to dry (literally) when she desperately needed his help.
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/724/
Of course it is.
She obviously wants Raine to learn the same lesson in a less horrifying way.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#24 Post by SirJahar »

Ok... so she just power-surges her way out of it... and shatters the collar... I'm sorry, but what? That's... kind of a let-down. I can't be the only one who wanted to see her try, show progress, but still fail.

And while Rose might be horrifyingly cynical to the point of dysfunction, she still was the one who handed Raine the collar. And has to know her level of distrust is HIGHLY abnormal. I'm going to say that anything negative to come from this (oh who am I kidding, we'll be lucky to see Raine raise her voice at Rose over this) is entirely deserved.

That said, pushing Raine to take her top off infront of Red... Could be an aux leston about prudishness, trying to stomp the gas on these two's relationship, or just another of her jokes. Or just trying to make Raine give her results (on top of Tom's NEVER ENDING teasing).

SomeNiceUser
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#25 Post by SomeNiceUser »

Was jumping to conclusions, but Raine's top may fall off when celebrating being completly human again, which makes her extremly embarrassed, which in turn, will turn her into a full Wolf again. Also, first post o/
-Sometimes, you just need a dash of motivation, and a cup of coffee.