Comic for September 14, 2019: The Unfortunate Request

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

JayJayForce
Citizen

Comic for September 14, 2019: The Unfortunate Request

#1 Post by JayJayForce »

Well, it's less bad that I feared, but she's definitely doing that on purpose. Hopefully it looks like Raine is already resisting somewhat. Now, will she be able to overcome the compulsion and if not, will Red be a gentleman?

Dang, I get the new update for two webcomics in a row? Must be my lucky week :mrgrin:

Elemental Templar
Merchant

Re: Comic for September 14, 2019: The Unfortunate Request

#2 Post by Elemental Templar »

Well... I suppose there's no greater motivator than the urge to avoid accidentally (or in this case uncontrollably) stripping in front of your crush.

Although given how Raines' keidran transformations are emotionally influenced I imagine she's just gonna go full-wolf again.
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by SpottedKitty »

Looks like I got it right in my comment on last week's page — this is Rose's natural sense of humour. Now what can poor Raine do? :shock:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

greywolf
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

#4 Post by greywolf »

Ooo well played Rose! If red was like me he would hand around and check things out. Poor Raine, but despite what teenagers think, you won't die from embarrassment.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#5 Post by Hayate »

Oh dear... That took me a second to figure out what was happening xD
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#6 Post by Shockwave07 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:10 pm *Snip*

I do not think she will order Raine to kiss Red. Or at least I hope she doesn't. And it is unlikely to make her attack Red. She is likely to actually overpower the spell in that situation. After all protecting her friends is a way more compelling incentive for her. And then there is no reason for her to go to the beach party.
I think someone was on point here... And we might have some of the source of her transformations.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by aitaituo »

Does her right paw look like it's skin colored in the last panel?

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#8 Post by Shockwave07 »

aitaituo wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:50 am Does her right paw look like it's skin colored in the last panel?
I believe so. I think a transformation was triggered.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#9 Post by Ddraig »

I would like to be the first to say "Called it!"
Ddraig wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:36 am
BadJoke wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:11 pm My theory is that Rose is going to order Raine to hurt Red, or hurt Red herself while ordering her to stand aside. That way she'd force her to fight back as strong as she can (she can't use Red directly, he's to straightforward and cares too much about Raine to engage in anything hurtful to her in any way).
I doubt it'd be that malevolent. The worst I could see Rose doing is ordering Raine to strip in front of Red (And this is where I expect Raine would manage to overcome it - hush you). It'd fit both a sense of humor and Rose's older keidran standards of nudity
Anyway, she's definitely fighting it. The collar's even sparking
Shockwave07 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:55 am
aitaituo wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:50 am Does her right paw look like it's skin colored in the last panel?
The panel immediately previous shows a similar light gradient across Raine from (I assume) the window, so I think it's just a difference in lighting
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Eclipse
Templar Master

#10 Post by Eclipse »

Okay, Rose is just trolling at this point. I wasn't sure if she was going to cross that line, but she did. She really has no standards, does she?

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#11 Post by Shockwave07 »

Ddraig wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:29 am I would like to be the first to say "Called it!"
Ddraig wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:36 am
BadJoke wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:11 pm My theory is that Rose is going to order Raine to hurt Red, or hurt Red herself while ordering her to stand aside. That way she'd force her to fight back as strong as she can (she can't use Red directly, he's to straightforward and cares too much about Raine to engage in anything hurtful to her in any way).
I doubt it'd be that malevolent. The worst I could see Rose doing is ordering Raine to strip in front of Red (And this is where I expect Raine would manage to overcome it - hush you). It'd fit both a sense of humor and Rose's older keidran standards of nudity
Anyway, she's definitely fighting it. The collar's even sparking
Shockwave07 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:55 am
The panel immediately previous shows a similar light gradient across Raine from (I assume) the window, so I think it's just a difference in lighting
Oh? Oh!

...Just realized that the collar is still in play!

Cinnibar
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#12 Post by Cinnibar »

Well, Rose was concerned (said as much) that if Raine couldn't resist the collar at all, then this method wasn't going to have the desired results.

So she's been giving more and more demeaning orders trying to get some, if fact any result except compliance. About the only thing she is getting is complaints about 'dog' commands, but Raine did jump at Red entering that one time.

So now she's using Red trying to shock Raine with something she cares about as it is clear Rose is not enough incentive at this stage. This is for Raine's own good...and if it fails, then it is clear the collar is not going to help.

Cruel? No, she is trying to get some success for Raine, and Raine is not going to die of embarassment. Success will be it's own reward and failure will be instructive. When a toddler starts to walk, you eventually have to let them learn to walk or fall, even birds kick their fledglings out to try their wings the hard way, and learn how to use them. She's family, but she's helping someone who has never learned this skill growing up.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#13 Post by AmigaDragon »

Supercharged embarrassment for incentive. Don't want Red to see your breasts? Resist the collar (whether you change to full human first or not). Sneaky one, Rose.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Warrl
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Warrl »

And so casually AFTER announcing the end of the exercise, while seeming to have her own attention on other matters...

... well played indeed, Rose.

Kelden
Traveler

#15 Post by Kelden »

Okay, I haven't posted here or even logged in, in *ages*, but I just had to toss in...

How will Red react when he realizes what method they've been using to try to help her learn to control her transformations? I can't imagine he'll approve of Raine being put in a slave collar like that, whatever the reason!