Comic for August 24th, 2019: Farewell Party

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

Comic for August 24th, 2019: Farewell Party

#1 Post by CrRAR »

Ooh, I do like hearing the a bit from Maren on her and Trace's history. That's a topic not much discussed. Expressed only by a deserved slap thus far, Too busy buried in ancient occult texts or out slaughtering I guess to pay any attention. I'm sure there’s info there worth telling, maybe, maybe not.

Beautiful page.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Kyrit
Templar

Re: Comic for August 24th, 2019: Farewell Party

#2 Post by Kyrit »

Oh look, Nibs isn't just a squirrel. Everyone's surprised. She is doing a pretty good job at pretending to be a pony tail, though she should work on her reflections

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by CrRAR »

Kyrit wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:20 pm Oh look, Nibs isn't just a squirrel. Everyone's surprised. She is doing a pretty good job at pretending to be a pony tail, though she should work on her reflections
Truuuue, it almost looks whispy at the end there... hmmmm. Could be the watery effect. Darnit Sythe, what'd the wolf drag into this sacred place now?
Fight the power!

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by aitaituo »

Mrs. Nibbly being a dragon is confirmed as far as I am concerned.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#5 Post by Neutral Smith »

Solid magic black smoke.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

steelabjur
Council Member

#6 Post by steelabjur »

Neutral Smith wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:45 pm Solid magic black smoke.
Kind of what I was thinking. Nibs possessed by one of the Masks, maybe? Perhaps, due to the damage it suffered, Neutral could only possess a small woodland creature and wanted to stay close to the characters (and/or the soon to be born hybrid)?

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#7 Post by Shockwave07 »

Oooo... And now I wonder if Nibs, the not just a squirrel, will be a boxer thief?

We do have a couple of bottomless boys to steal from!

SomeBody
Citizen

#8 Post by SomeBody »

Completely missed Nibbs tail reflection, good catch.

I don't think it's wispy though. Zoomed in, it just looks faint and run through with the vertical water texture. It looks very much like a dragon tail to me, so I'm going to go with aitaituo and say Nibbs == dragon is high probability at this point.

That gives us an awful lot of dragons in the cast though.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#9 Post by Hayate »

So much potential for drama is gathering in one place, how exciting! Ex’s showing up at a party never really ends well xD
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Eclipse
Templar Master

#10 Post by Eclipse »

steelabjur wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:08 pm
Kind of what I was thinking. Nibs possessed by one of the Masks, maybe? Perhaps, due to the damage it suffered, Neutral could only possess a small woodland creature and wanted to stay close to the characters (and/or the soon to be born hybrid)?
This makes a lot of sense. Neutral is very invested in the fate of Trace, Flora, and their unborn hybrid child, it'd make sense for it to want to stay close. Regardless, we haven't seen Neutral in a good long while, I'd like to know what it's up to now.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#11 Post by AmigaDragon »

Shockwave07 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:46 pmOooo... And now I wonder if Nibs, the not just a squirrel, will be a boxer thief?

We do have a couple of bottomless boys to steal from!
Not usually such an issue with keidran, though the boys might be more used to clothing having worked for humans for years.

"Our ex's"? What is Maren to anyone currently in the room? Just a brief acquaintance to Flora, Trace wouldn't have said anything to Flora about her since his amnesia.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Warrl
Grand Templar

#12 Post by Warrl »

Well, at one time Trace was flirting rather seriously with Maren. That's how Karen got the ears.

Thing is... I'd bet against it being Evil!Trace that flirted with her. And it certainly wouldn't have been while he was married to Saria. Or while isolating himself after she died.

So... apparently Evil!Trace was Grand Templar for at least a couple years. And in isolation for a couple years after Saria was killed. And probably was with Saria for at least two years.

Which would mean that it was probably a bare minimum of six years ago that they were an item.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#13 Post by AmigaDragon »

But since Trace doesn't remember that time, how would Flora know about her unless they talked during the bath scene months ago or in the short time team B has been at the estate?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by aitaituo »

Warrl wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:12 am Well, at one time Trace was flirting rather seriously with Maren. That's how Karen got the ears.

Thing is... I'd bet against it being Evil!Trace that flirted with her. And it certainly wouldn't have been while he was married to Saria. Or while isolating himself after she died.

So... apparently Evil!Trace was Grand Templar for at least a couple years. And in isolation for a couple years after Saria was killed. And probably was with Saria for at least two years.

Which would mean that it was probably a bare minimum of six years ago that they were an item.
I'd have to go through the archive, but it's my recollection that Trace and Maren were an item just before Trace lost his memories. I also thought Flora knew already.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by CrRAR »

steelabjur wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:08 pm
If this is the case I rue the day our precious perception of the Nibbs’ illusion horrifyingly dissolves back into some hideous proto-mask hell-spawn. :shock:
Fight the power!