Comic for August 24th, 2019: Farewell Party

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

Re: Comic for August 24th, 2019: Farewell Party

#31 Post by Neutral Smith »

It's a variation on the 'Thank God' we have in the Western world. Or the 'Allah Akbar' the Muslims have.

You think that Neutral (who even possessed her) would be pleased if she called an other deity?
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#32 Post by Envy661 »

Gasp! That tail! I think Mrs. Nibbs is actually... A Jakkai!
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

greywolf
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

#33 Post by greywolf »

On a different note, I wonder if we will see swimsuit Raine.

Rafe
Council Member

#34 Post by Rafe »

greywolf wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:55 pm On a different note, I wonder if we will see swimsuit Raine.
In the comic? My guess would be not any time soon.

She's got some very serious things going on right now, and she's just discovered her cousin Rose is not only still alive, but is trying to help her. I'd say it might even be a while before we see her outside of her room.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#35 Post by Warrl »

Like people in the real world say "thank god" or "oh my god" without necessarily literally thinking "oh yes, I am thanking God!".
"It's days like this that I thank God that I'm an atheist." :grin:

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#36 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Poor Mike and evals. But they do seems genuinely Torn about this. Like a couple who is getting divorced not because they want but life has forced them too.
Ain't that sad.

Anyhow I think most of us are really fond of Nibss as this cute pet squirrel, and possibly baby dragon. Hanging with the group. And i do hope she stays like that. If she turns out to be some Eldritch abomination I am sure a lot people will be disappointed.

Finally we have never seen any sort of organized religion in the comic. No churches Temples or anything similar. I find that a bit strange not only because the mask are basically de facto gods but at the same time since a lot of the comic is inspired by DND that means there are no clerics in mekkan.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#37 Post by TheMouse »

I want to take a moment and say just how much better Tom's expressions have become. They're not just single emotion things anymore, they're complex, and more importantly they're readably complex, which is a feat on non-human faces.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#38 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:39 pm Finally we have never seen any sort of organized religion in the comic. No churches Temples or anything similar. I find that a bit strange not only because the mask are basically de facto gods but at the same time since a lot of the comic is inspired by DND that means there are no clerics in mekkan.
Interestingly, a lot of the early comics had characters wearing crosses/crucifixes, in particular Sirus (here and here) and Raine (here)
We also get this description of Karen in the character bio page: [emphasis mine]
She doesn't care about races or wars or religions.
I take it from this that religion (and possibly religious conflict) *was* planned from the beginning to be an element of TwoKinds, but over time Tom either never got round to exploring it in the story, or decided it would be too complicated to bring in now, or decided that it no longer fit with the story and world he was creating. In fact, this later page depicting Raine meeting with group B for the first time shows her conspicuously *without* the crucifix from the original comic.

So yeah... there are actually a number of plot elements and lore elements that were introduced in the first few years of TwoKinds that later got ignored / retconned. These include Keith secretly having a crush on Flora, feral Keidran and normal Keidran in "feral mode", Templar Towers being about controlling and suppressing Keidran instincts and their significance to the plot in general (as far as I'm aware, the canon now is that they're just mana reserves for templar to harness large amounts of magic, and the whole "instinct suppression" side has been all but forgotten), Trace experimenting with transformation magic, and as we see here: religion. (And there are probably some others too that I've forgotten about, like these here).

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#39 Post by AmigaDragon »

AndreRhineDavis wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:33 pmInterestingly, a lot of the early comics had characters wearing crosses/crucifixes, in particular Sirus (here and here) and Raine (here)
Maybe they're blunt swords. :wink:
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen