Comic for July 27, 2019: Flawed Recollection

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for July 27, 2019: Flawed Recollection

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Comic for July 27, 2019: Flawed Recollection

#2 Post by tony1695 »

So, some sort of psychic defence? Is the nosebleed a warning that you should stop, or a sign that (because she's a Basitin) she can break through and think harder?
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#3 Post by AmigaDragon »

(Whatever was in that room) blocked her memory and (let's say 'posthypnotic') caused the nosebleed when she tried to remember. Let's see if Reni can get around that.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Rafe
Council Member

#4 Post by Rafe »

Reni looks a little annoyed about something. Maybe she thinks Maddie is trying to cover something up. Maybe she senses that someone, or something, is trying to interfere with Maddie's memory.

One thing that has me wondering though, is that Reni is looking at Maddie when she says "Would you mind if I took a look for myself?"
Maybe she's asking Maddie if she would mind if she could look through her memories, and maybe even see what it is that's blocking them. Maybe she means to go have a look for herself behind the door, which, I assume, means another fight with the stone guardian (a little more evenly matched, perhaps). Attempting the last one would probably get Rose involved. And there's always the possibility that the magic used to hide the hallway is working again. If they can't find the hallway, Reni might assume (or be influenced to assume) that their story isn't accurate. Reni's knowledge of magic should probably make her suspicious if nothing else.

My guess is, Rose will show up and tell them, "Sorry, I can't let you see that. It could put us all in danger". Or alternately, worried that it will eventually be figured out, tell them the sure-to-be-very-disturbing truth about what it is.

JayJayForce
Citizen

#5 Post by JayJayForce »

Well, now I'm getting all sorts of Eldritch Horror vibes. Trace, what did you do!?
Rafe wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:50 amReni looks a little annoyed about something. Maybe she thinks Maddie is trying to cover something up. Maybe she senses that someone, or something, is trying to interfere with Maddie's memory.
That looks more like concern to me. Like she's worried that something really bad is going on.
Rafe wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:50 amMaybe she's asking Maddie if she would mind if she could look through her memories, and maybe even see what it is that's blocking them. Maybe she means to go have a look for herself behind the door, which, I assume, means another fight with the stone guardian (a little more evenly matched, perhaps). Attempting the last one would probably get Rose involved.
Sounds to me like she wants to do a mental dive. If she wanted to look at it in person, she'd probably try and ask Trace first. Think she suspects that something is messing with Maddie mentally though and might even be dangerous for her. Doubt the stone guardian would me much of a threat to her though. Whatever caused the teleport however might worry her.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#6 Post by Eclipse »

Rafe wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:50 am Reni looks a little annoyed about something. Maybe she thinks Maddie is trying to cover something up. Maybe she senses that someone, or something, is trying to interfere with Maddie's memory.
I think she's suspicious. She thinks something's blocking her memory and she wants to investigate.
Rafe wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:50 am One thing that has me wondering though, is that Reni is looking at Maddie when she says "Would you mind if I took a look for myself?"
Maybe she's asking Maddie if she would mind if she could look through her memories, and maybe even see what it is that's blocking them. Maybe she means to go have a look for herself behind the door, which, I assume, means another fight with the stone guardian (a little more evenly matched, perhaps). Attempting the last one would probably get Rose involved. And there's always the possibility that the magic used to hide the hallway is working again. If they can't find the hallway, Reni might assume (or be influenced to assume) that their story isn't accurate. Reni's knowledge of magic should probably make her suspicious if nothing else.
I assumed she was going to go up in person, but I think you're right, I think she wants to go through Maddie's memories to see what's up there and why her memory is being blocked.
Rafe wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:50 am My guess is, Rose will show up and tell them, "Sorry, I can't let you see that. It could put us all in danger". Or alternately, worried that it will eventually be figured out, tell them the sure-to-be-very-disturbing truth about what it is.
Well Rose doesn't want Reni interfering for sure, but IDK if she'll be up front and tell them what's in there. She doesn't seem to want anyone near it.

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#7 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Curiouser and curiouser... Always makes things interesting. :mrgreen:
Videre videnda.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#8 Post by AmigaDragon »

JayJayForce wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:01 amWhatever caused the teleport however might worry her.
"Whatever" is Rose, she directly told Trace.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#9 Post by Schrodinger »

Remembering that that wing of the mansion was blocked off by perception scrambling magic whatever Maddie saw was damning enough to warrant being placed behind three separate layers of protection by Trace in his prime. Or that it was so bizarre and alien to a basitin mind that Maddie couldn't comprehend what she saw. Reni could delve into Maddie's memories and come up with nothing more than blurred shapes and static. We know that whatever that was is tied directly into Rose and her integration with the mansion and that it's likely a by-product of Trace's experiments to resurrect his wife. Now the most interesting question is what is Reni going to do with all this suspicious information.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

amenon
Grand Templar

#10 Post by amenon »

This is a properly unpleasant page for me, both because I think it's halfway evoking some earlier memory of a really visceral instance of the same [censored]/nosebleed trope from some other piece of media I've seen that was very eeeeugh, (ironically, I can't seem to place it :p), and because the fact that something is interfering with Maddie's mind or memories is just... very heebie-jeebies-inducing in its own right, and the execution is... chilling. She's talking about it, and yet seems completely clueless to the effect herself.

And I guess also because, them having now turned their back on Brutus, there's at least a 50% chance of him having escaped by the time anyone goes back to the cells.

But mostly the mental thing. Eeeeugh.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#11 Post by CrRAR »

Schrodinger wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:25 pm Now the most interesting question is what is Reni going to do with all this suspicious information.
Yes, a nearer question for me is will there be consequence to dragon-grade snooping of the memory for Reni... or for Maddie for that matter? The nosebleed could be related to the Brutus... viewing? lol ...but maybe not. Maybe something to further discourage recollection? Hopefully this doesn't end with these two sputtering unintelligible things in the infirmary.
amenon wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:58 pmBut mostly the mental thing. Eeeeugh.
The other bit of this I noticed is the divide the grout of the tile makes splitting the shadow in two. Does it seem to anyone else one side of the silhouette seems smoother? I almost thought a moment that panel was two panels... just for the reason of how dark that divider seemed. Like the perception of the scene is THAT broken in Maddie's mind. Just something I noticed, could be nothing.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Hayate
The Hidden User

#12 Post by Hayate »

I wonder if Reni means to look behind the door, or look at Maddie’s memories...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#13 Post by CrRAR »

Hayate wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:04 pm I wonder if Reni means to look behind the door, or look at Maddie’s memories...
I think the request is asking polite permission into her memories. It may be an ethical thing to ask or maybe part of dragon code or just common courtesy. It would kind of be an invasive thing to do unannounced. :shock:

With Trace she asked a bit more directly and seemingly as a formality because he never answered affirmatively, "Yes". She seems to be able to do so without permission considering the exploration she did already to Brutus earlier where she discovered the memories in Keidran.

If it were for permission to look behind the door, would she need to ask Maddie's permission?
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by TheMouse »

In the room is just a plaque with :redhair: s name.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Panther
Merchant

#15 Post by Panther »

I think Maddie has seen what there is in the room , but she doesn't WANT to remember it

For my part , i continue with my theory that's the real Rose in there (;_;) (;_;)
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani: