Comic for July 14, 2019: Brutus

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

Comic for July 14, 2019: Brutus

#1 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Sketch link

hehe wow, Brutus seems oddly chill for someone who is at the mercy of the humans (and for all he knows, the Templar!).
Like, if any other human were doing the interrogations (e.g. the Templar, or Keiren or someone similar, or just anyone who had suffered in the war against the wolves), things would be a lot more brutal for old Brutus.
I mean dragons can read minds, so it's not like Brutus could hide anything from Reni anyways, but he seems all too willing to just give the information to the protagonists! tbh, it's just a bit unbelievable just how friendly and unworried he is right now. Reminds me of when Zen was caught by Group B. Can't we have a criminal or assassin get caught who isn't a charming rogue with a heart of gold? :P

Also, amusing that Reni is so like "eww no i wouldn't eat people" when Nora was all chill about it. I guess that just shows how different Reni is to other dragons, growing up among humans.
Also, I do hope for Maddie's sake that when she's actually *on the job* and concentrating, she wouldn't let something like nudity distract her or bother her that much. I mean sure, she's a Basitin, but I also expect Basitin discipline and training to be better than this, so that Maddie can be a successful covert agent without something as mundane as nudity distracting her or causing her to fail her mission. I'll cut her some slack and say she's just not in *serious* military mode right now :). I'd hope that in an actual war, the Basitin army would have enough discipline to not break ranks just because someone took their pants off :P

Rafe
Council Member

Re: Comic for July 14, 2019: Brutus

#2 Post by Rafe »

It could be that Maddie's being so distracted (and Clovis' comment about liking to have him around) are implying that Brutus is, to Maddie and Clovis anyway, a stunningly attractive wolf.

Between his good looks and his apparently good-natured, trusting personality, and his just-dumb-enough to not plot against you intellect, it's easy to see that he's not the deceptive type. Also, remember that, although Reni can access Brutus's memories, his memories are in Keidran. She can understand impressions of a conscious being, thinking in the present time, but can't understand memories of conversations in Keidran.

One last thought - It's possible that Brutus might be, uhm... physically... extra distracting. It's possible that he's not only gorgeous, but that Maddie's head is blocking somewhat more than you'd see on the average wolf.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3 Post by Insomniac »

Rafe wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:33 pm It could be that Maddie's being so distracted (and Clovis' comment about liking to have him around) are implying that Brutus is, to Maddie and Clovis anyway, a stunningly attractive wolf.
Not just to them, RAWRF! No rush on finding him pants, Reni, he seems quite comfortable without them :3
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

MaverickMopete
Citizen

#4 Post by MaverickMopete »

Why would Maddie be upset that he's not wearing pants?

I thought Bastilin Nudity was leaving their ankles uncovered.

...Though I guess that probably applies in this situation as well.

Rafe
Council Member

#5 Post by Rafe »

sorry - double-post.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#6 Post by tony1695 »

MaverickMopete wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:01 pm Why would Maddie be upset that he's not wearing pants?

I thought Bastilin Nudity was leaving their ankles uncovered.

...Though I guess that probably applies in this situation as well.
No, no, you've got it around the wrong way. Basitins are so prudish that uncovered ankles is considered as bad as pantlessness.
Also, Maddie is still only 17, which means hormones. She just got an eyeful, up close and personal, of hot naked wolf.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Xian
Traveler

#7 Post by Xian »

Are we going to keep Brutus? He is a goodboi!

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#8 Post by Neutral Smith »

Missed the opportunity to say "He is not wearing any socks!", because that would be much more Basitin. Fine with not wearing something to cover the crotch, but bare ankles is an outrage.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

detrius
Citizen

#9 Post by detrius »

Clovis: "Pull the lever, Brutus!"
Brutus: *pulls lever*
Trapdoor opens under Clovis.
Clovis: *falling* "Wrong leveeeeeer!"

I don't care what his name is, he's "Kronk" to me!

Panther
Merchant

#10 Post by Panther »

Maddie : "- ARRRG , he's NAKED" :oops:

*runs away screaming* |D
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by aitaituo »

Today I learned why the basitins have never tried to invade the mainland.
Rafe wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:33 pmBetween his good looks and his apparently good-natured, trusting personality, and his just-dumb-enough to not plot against you intellect, it's easy to see that he's not the deceptive type. Also, remember that, although Reni can access Brutus's memories, his memories are in Keidran. She can understand impressions of a conscious being, thinking in the present time, but can't understand memories of conversations in Keidran.
It's possible Brutus is just playing the fool. "Hey, I'm easy to talk to, everyone trusts me, they tell me secrets and I keep them! Oops, I just told you one of those secrets, I'm so guileless tee hee!" If it's possible to train yourself to think in such a way to deceive dragon telepathy, I would think Clovis would be the one to know it and to train his lackeys in it, since he has reason to get revenge on Nora.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by SpottedKitty »

I suspect Reni might be appreciating the scenery as well... :shock: :roll: :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Panther
Merchant

#13 Post by Panther »

SpottedKitty wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:51 pm I suspect Reni might be appreciating the scenery as well... :shock: :roll: :wink:
Seeing Reni's eyes in the last panel , it's very possible

But Carver and now Brutus ; why Clovis is surrounded by cute guys ? Would be gay ? :oops: :oops:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#14 Post by Shockwave07 »

Don't worry Maddie, this is just another chance to adapt to outsider's "dress codes"...

Wonder how she'd do if everyone decided to go skinny dipping?

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by BadJoke »

He seems to be exactly as I predicted. Through we'll have to had "dumb" to it: yes Brutus you just spilled out the very secret stuff Clovis told you to keep secret! (Even if he was pretending playing dumb, reveling that would make no sense and just put him in hot waters with his boss.)

Through he may be in danger already: if Natani hears he's in league with Clovis, it's possible he'll be tempted to interrogate poor Brutus himself, or even kill him once that's done.
Panther wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:26 pm
SpottedKitty wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:51 pm I suspect Reni might be appreciating the scenery as well... :shock: :roll: :wink:
Seeing Reni's eyes in the last panel , it's very possible

But Carver and now Brutus ; why Clovis is surrounded by cute guys ? Would be gay ? :oops: :oops:
Nope, for what we saw before he's straight. It's probably a play from karma to have him surrounded by hansome boys and suddenly be turned into a female...
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.