Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
Grand Templar
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

#16 Post by Warrl » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:15 am

TheMouse wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:58 pm
Brutus seems remarkably nonchalant about being in a prison. And about the dragon. He's either kind of dim witted, or he's assessed the situation and elected to cooperate/flip on Clovis already.
Or assessed the situation and decided he lacks sufficient information to take any sort of aggressive action.

Except against the chicken, and there I think he may be acting more quickly than is wise. He's noticed it's "magic-y-looking" but doesn't appear to have wondered why. Rather, he seems to regard it as a lunchbeast.

User avatar
Templar
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:06 pm

Re: Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

#17 Post by Ddraig » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:21 am

TheMouse wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:58 pm
Brutus seems remarkably nonchalant about being in a prison. And about the dragon. He's either kind of dim witted, or he's assessed the situation and elected to cooperate/flip on Clovis already.
or is doing the quintessential "Play it cool, man, play it cool"
As tom commented for the last page, dragons are apparently considered mostly harmless in Mekkan
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

User avatar
Templar Master
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:48 pm
Location: México
Contact:

Re: Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

#18 Post by Technic[Bot] » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:13 am

MuonNeutrino wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:42 am

Well, they may have physical prowess and be resistant to magic (though note not immune), but being completely unable to use magic themselves is a pretty severe accompanying disadvantage given how powerful and useful magic seems to be in this universe. Being resistant to it is all well and good, but that doesn't stop the other races' ability to use magic for *other* purposes (i.e. not just direct combat) from being a significant advantage. They also inhabit a significantly smaller area and so most likely have a lower total population than either of the other two races (and are divided into two feuding groups on top of that), and they've also shown, both on an individual level and particularly on a societal one, a distinct lack of flexibility in their thinking that could easily be a disadvantage in confrontations with more devious races. They have their advantages for sure, but I don't know about that making them OP.

And images are displaying fine for me, so that might be on your end.
You do have a good point. I imagine their respective mask is really into this kind of games and thus min-maxed the Basitins to a fault. They seems a race designed for one specific reason, war, winning the game, and are pretty bad at anything else. As you point out they are incredible rigid so I imagine getting them cut off from central command might be an effective tool to neutralize the Basitin legion. And that makes them not very adaptable, they require constant orders and a clear chain of command to operate, well the least "tropical" ones do. And I figure they are mired in military bureaucracy and "doing things by the book" and when confronted with disaters, such as half of the top brass dying on a military explosion, they go all haywire. No to mention they got divided for some reason. So yeah on second thought they do not seem so OP.
Ddraig wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:21 am
TheMouse wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:58 pm
Brutus seems remarkably nonchalant about being in a prison. And about the dragon. He's either kind of dim witted, or he's assessed the situation and elected to cooperate/flip on Clovis already.
or is doing the quintessential "Play it cool, man, play it cool"
As tom commented for the last page, dragons are apparently considered mostly harmless in Mekkan
Also Reni is supposed to be a royal dragon so I imagine she and/or her familyis well known even outside human lands.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook

Grand Templar
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

#19 Post by Warrl » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:43 am

Technic[Bot] wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:13 am
Also Reni is supposed to be a royal dragon so I imagine she and/or her familyis well known even outside human lands.
Her family, sure, but remember, she is explicitly human royalty. Even though she's a dragon.

User avatar
The Experienced Virgin
Posts: 5118
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:09 pm
Location: circling the drain

Re: Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

#20 Post by Insomniac » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:31 am

My take away from this page: One, Maddies midriff, mmm...I'm terrible. Two, handsome shirtless wolf, mmm...Yup, still terrible. Hmm...Yup, that's about it, looking forward to the next page as always :D
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Traveler
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:52 am

Re: Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

#21 Post by MaverickMopete » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:21 am

At least Maddie only got her shirt flipped up a little. If this was a sketch, Maddie would probably be naked while "Doctor Reni" was checking on her.

Traveler
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:26 pm

Re: Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

#22 Post by Xian » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:35 pm

Aaaaaw! Reni is blushing! Will we have more dragon-human babies in the future? (if being a dragon isn't a insurmountable obstacle, I doubt gender would be...).

I like Brutus already... he looks more doglike than wolflike... he looks like a goodboi... I would keep him as a pet (and I suspect he Karen and Maddie may end doing just that... bringing him around as a prisioner/pet...).

User avatar
Templar GrandMaster
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:40 pm
Location: France

Re: Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

#23 Post by BadJoke » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:38 pm

Xian wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:35 pm
I like Brutus already... he looks more doglike than wolflike... he looks like a goodboi... I would keep him as a pet (and I suspect he Karen and Maddie may end doing just that... bringing him around as a prisioner/pet...).
He seems so "evil purpose free". Like if you asked why he chose to work for Clovis in is nefarious schemes his answer would be "He asked."

Also they totally should take the chicken too. Imagine the poor guy trying to plan revenge or to tell others he's human and everyone answer with "What aa funny birdy." (And more logically, shouldn't Rose tell Trace about that and turn him human again to interrogate him? Time to advance the plot dammit!)
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Grand Templar
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

#24 Post by Warrl » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:08 pm

BadJoke wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:38 pm
Also they totally should take the chicken too. Imagine the poor guy trying to plan revenge or to tell others he's human and everyone answer with "What aa funny birdy." (And more logically, shouldn't Rose tell Trace about that and turn him human again to interrogate him? Time to advance the plot dammit!)
Why turn him human? Just have Reni interrogate him.

Later they can decide whether to turn him human and kick him out the door (or perhaps the other way around), or take him down to the chicken coop, or invite him to dinner.

Traveler
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:47 pm

Re: Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

#25 Post by vevans0009 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:56 pm

BadJoke wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:38 pm
Xian wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:35 pm
I like Brutus already... he looks more doglike than wolflike... he looks like a goodboi... I would keep him as a pet (and I suspect he Karen and Maddie may end doing just that... bringing him around as a prisioner/pet...).
He seems so "evil purpose free". Like if you asked why he chose to work for Clovis in is nefarious schemes his answer would be "He asked."

Also they totally should take the chicken too. Imagine the poor guy trying to plan revenge or to tell others he's human and everyone answer with "What aa funny birdy." (And more logically, shouldn't Rose tell Trace about that and turn him human again to interrogate him? Time to advance the plot dammit!)
Don't see a reason to turn him human. He does not look as impressive anyway. 8/

User avatar
Merchant
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:55 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

#26 Post by Panther » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:42 pm

Seems that Brutus is wearing a collar as the one Rose gave to Raine ......
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

User avatar
Templar GrandMaster
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

#27 Post by SpottedKitty » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:16 pm

Technic[Bot] wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:13 am
And that makes them not very adaptable, they require constant orders and a clear chain of command to operate, well the least "tropical" ones do. And I figure they are mired in military bureaucracy and "doing things by the book" and when confronted with disaters, such as half of the top brass dying on a military explosion, they go all haywire. No to mention they got divided for some reason.
That seems to apply only to the Eastern Basitins. We haven't yet seen much of Western culture, but it doesn't seem to be as militaristic — although I wouldn't be surprised to learn they're individually just as dangerous with nastysharp pointythings as any of Adelaide's happy little troopers.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Grand Templar
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

#28 Post by Warrl » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:38 am

And neither side cares to talk about why the Eastern Basitins rule the western half of the island, and vice versa.

User avatar
Templar Master
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:48 pm
Location: México
Contact:

Re: Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

#29 Post by Technic[Bot] » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:27 am

SpottedKitty wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:16 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:13 am
And that makes them not very adaptable, they require constant orders and a clear chain of command to operate, well the least "tropical" ones do. And I figure they are mired in military bureaucracy and "doing things by the book" and when confronted with disaters, such as half of the top brass dying on a military explosion, they go all haywire. No to mention they got divided for some reason.
That seems to apply only to the Eastern Basitins. We haven't yet seen much of Western culture, but it doesn't seem to be as militaristic — although I wouldn't be surprised to learn they're individually just as dangerous with nastysharp pointythings as any of Adelaide's happy little troopers.
I imagine the Western Basitins to be much more laid back than their eastern counterparts. The Easterners stuck me as European and slightly germanic but the westerners seem more Hawaiian and a bit tribal. but who knows, We might learn more in a side comic on the far future perhaps about Carver's (mis)adventures in the Western basitin nation.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook

User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1148
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:46 am
Location: Sunny Arizona

Re: Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

#30 Post by Dadrobit » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:28 am

Technic[Bot] wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:27 am
SpottedKitty wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:16 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:13 am
And that makes them not very adaptable, they require constant orders and a clear chain of command to operate, well the least "tropical" ones do. And I figure they are mired in military bureaucracy and "doing things by the book" and when confronted with disaters, such as half of the top brass dying on a military explosion, they go all haywire. No to mention they got divided for some reason.
That seems to apply only to the Eastern Basitins. We haven't yet seen much of Western culture, but it doesn't seem to be as militaristic — although I wouldn't be surprised to learn they're individually just as dangerous with nastysharp pointythings as any of Adelaide's happy little troopers.
I imagine the Western Basitins to be much more laid back than their eastern counterparts. The Easterners stuck me as European and slightly germanic but the westerners seem more Hawaiian and a bit tribal. but who knows, We might learn more in a side comic on the far future perhaps about Carver's (mis)adventures in the Western basitin nation.
Just a note here. Both Eastern and Western Basitins are militaristic communities to their core. Military life and conflict between the two communities is so essential that when one side begins to gain too much of an advantage over their counterpart, they actually back off and let the other side recover so that they can continue their war.
Image

Post Reply