Comic for June 15, 2019: Different Lizard

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Comic for June 15, 2019: Different Lizard

#1 Post by tony1695 »

Guess we shouldn't have expected the pair to sit around and get let out.
I wonder what Reni's doing poking around in such a place though.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

NuclearBird
Master

Re: Comic for June 15, 2019: Different Lizard

#2 Post by NuclearBird »

"Thank goodness, it's just a dragon."

You will only ever hear this sentence once.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Dadrobit »

NuclearBird wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:43 am "Thank goodness, it's just a dragon."

You will only ever hear this sentence once.
Yeah, but according to Tom during the stream, it's actually not just a line for gags about Basitin bravery/cockiness. In the world of TwoKinds, dragons are seen as fairly benign creatures. Although they are generally well respected and given a wide berth, with some exceptions, they generally aren't evil or malicious towards the primary sentient races so folks would rather cross a dragon rather than some other creatures.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#4 Post by Eclipse »

*Maddie's Lockpicking skill has increased to Lv. 100*

Sorry, on a bit of a Skyrim kick lately.

Nutster
Traveler

#5 Post by Nutster »

The key is that the big thing is a friendly dragon and not a hungry dragon. Humans, basitins, keidran are all about the right size for food for a large preditor like that. She just has a respectful relationships with these races, so she does not see them as food.

Rafe
Council Member

#6 Post by Rafe »

tony1695 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:32 am ...I wonder what Reni's doing poking around in such a place though.
I assume Reni is still in charge of "The Wolf From Before" that she brought back.

He was obviously injured. Assuming they want to keep him alive, someone has to be taking care of him. Maybe it's Reni.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by BadJoke »

Indeed, time to check on the wolfy. This guy may open so much plot threads... And can I ask again for Karen adopting the Templar-chiken?
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Rafe
Council Member

#8 Post by Rafe »

I just had a thought -
I wonder if the collar the wolf is wearing is a Templar slave collar, more or less the same model as the one Raine is wearing. Perhaps he's not a willing participant in the Clovis/Templar's plans.

And if Rose can control Raine with such a collar, she can probably get the same control over this guy. Between Rose and Reni's abilities, don't think he has a chance of keeping any information secret. Let's hope he isn't programmed to kill himself if he's captured.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by SpottedKitty »

Rafe wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:31 pm
tony1695 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:32 am ...I wonder what Reni's doing poking around in such a place though.
I assume Reni is still in charge of "The Wolf From Before" that she brought back.

He was obviously injured. Assuming they want to keep him alive, someone has to be taking care of him. Maybe it's Reni.
Just what I was thinking — didn't someone say he was going to be kept in the dungeon? There's a few things us readers know, or can make a good guess at, that the characters don't yet. If they can get trustable info out of the wolf, that ought to give Trace & Co. a better idea of what they should do next.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#10 Post by Shockwave07 »

Huh... Literal dungeons and dragons...

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by SpottedKitty »

And now I can't help wondering... did Maddie pull off her usual trick of escaping through a locked door while Karen's back was turned, or she was asleep? :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

yaytime
Apprentice

#12 Post by yaytime »

my guess is since rose seems to be able to see the whole estate and would know they picked the (what looks to be) an un-enchanted lock she will just put them in a cell with an enchanted lock, maybe even have Maddie chained to the wall or in pillory so she cant pick the lock (that sounded kinkyer then i meant it too) and will prob just leave them there longer (we may even get Maddie keep escaping to harder to escape conditions now and then for comedy.
The one true ship :mike: :heart: :evals:

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by aitaituo »

I don't think Reni knows about the secret room or has a reason to keep them locked up herself.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Warrl »

yaytime wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:38 pm my guess is since rose seems to be able to see the whole estate and would know they picked the (what looks to be) an un-enchanted lock she will just put them in a cell with an enchanted lock, maybe even have Maddie chained to the wall or in pillory so she cant pick the lock (that sounded kinkyer then i meant it too) and will prob just leave them there longer (we may even get Maddie keep escaping to harder to escape conditions now and then for comedy.
I don't think Rose intended to keep them locked up for very long.

Explicitly, the dungeons was the default location for the teleport spell she triggered to get them out of immediate danger.

Granted, she did say they deserved a time-out. Which I can't argue with.

And then before she could do anything further about that, she was summoned (or invoked, or whatever) to work with Raine. There have really only been a few minutes, maybe half an hour at most, since the young folk were rescued from the statue.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#15 Post by Eclipse »

yaytime wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:38 pm my guess is since rose seems to be able to see the whole estate and would know they picked the (what looks to be) an un-enchanted lock she will just put them in a cell with an enchanted lock, maybe even have Maddie chained to the wall or in pillory so she cant pick the lock (that sounded kinkyer then i meant it too) and will prob just leave them there longer (we may even get Maddie keep escaping to harder to escape conditions now and then for comedy.
I don't think Rose is too bothered with her escaping. Putting her in the dungeon was more a matter of convenience than wanting to lock her up. Now maybe if Maddie wants to go back to the secret room, she might not want Maddie to keep escaping, but other than that, I don't think Tom is going to satisfy your totally-not-bondage-fetish here.