Comic for May 4, 2019: Taking the First Step

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Esn
New Citizen

Comic for May 4, 2019: Taking the First Step

#1 Post by Esn »

Human Rose as teacher is scaring me a bit, I must say. She's so intense!

But at least it's because she cares, and I'm sure Raine will be better off at the end of it, scary as it may be.

And Raine, "back to normal?" (panel 5). Probably a big part of the problem right there, and I'd be surprised if Rose hasn't carefully noted the way you phrased that.

(also, my first comic post. Hope I did everything ok!)

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Comic for May 4, 2019: Taking the First Step

#2 Post by tony1695 »

Third panel, "So... you wanna to learn or not?"

Is it just me or is there some rather strange... texturing, I think? in the fifth panel, where she's rubbing her wolf paw against her human leg.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#3 Post by CrRAR »

Welcome to Rose’s Wolves (don’t wear boots) Boot Camp!

Stay... fuzzy. :raine:

Excellent page, I really like Rose’s hair for some reason. Especially the side and 3/4ths view. Good hair must be a family thing too. :3
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#4 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Let the learning begin. This ought to be interesting. :mrgreen:
Videre videnda.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by BadJoke »

She is a bit authoritative. Go easy with poor Raine, she has trouble handling stress.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#6 Post by Technic[Bot] »

This is interesting. Seems we are in for some tough love. In the form of magic classes.
I do wonder if we are gonna see the whole process: Rose teaching Raine how to control her magic and by extension herself? Or are we gonna get a simple 2 page montage of the important details or maybe this whole thing will be solved in a couple pages and we will keep going forward? 🤔
On the other hand it will be interesting how Raine comes out of this process. Personally i like her character arc. She is not entirely sure of what she is and by extension nor what she wants to be. This problem is generally common in media as a goto story line for characters but this is directly represented in her shifting. Thus both the comic narrative visuals and narrative coalesce into a more cohesive experience. In less fancy words: that i barely understand
Good job Tom always keeping your comic interesting.
Besides the conclusion is interesting as Raine can choose to be either a human that turns into a wolf or a wolf that turns human or even a bit of both. Wonder how will this play out.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Piece_of_Paper
Citizen

#7 Post by Piece_of_Paper »

Oh ... just getting lost :shock: in those Green Eyes. :heart:
Raine may need some practice :raine:, I am hoping she gets the right thoughts to form herself in what she wants.
Can I borrow a piece of paper?
This would drive my professor nuts ..."It's A Sheet Of Paper!"
So I use that screen name else where.

Diabolicon
Citizen

#8 Post by Diabolicon »

Methinks that at this moment Rose would like nothing better than to wring a certain couple of necks on Raine's behalf.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Warrl »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 1:25 am This is interesting. Seems we are in for some tough love. In the form of magic classes.
I do wonder if we are gonna see the whole process: Rose teaching Raine how to control her magic and by extension herself? Or are we gonna get a simple 2 page montage of the important details or maybe this whole thing will be solved in a couple pages and we will keep going forward? 🤔
My guess: it will take a while, but we won't actually see a lot of it going on. It'll mostly be stuff happening off-camera.

JohnTheWysard
Apprentice

#10 Post by JohnTheWysard »

Warrl wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:32 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 1:25 am This is interesting. Seems we are in for some tough love. In the form of magic classes.
My guess: it will take a while, but we won't actually see a lot of it going on. It'll mostly be stuff happening off-camera.
I sure hope so... while I'd be most interested in learning the techniques of Mekkan magic, that's too much power to unleash on our universe without some major preparation and safeguards!

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#11 Post by Tetrahedron »

Please let this happen:

Rose: OK, so let's try to turn you full wolf, then back. I give you easy step by step instructions. With my supervising even this derpy red hair guy would get it. OK, maybe everybody else, except him.

Red, listening on the door: What! I will show you!

Rose: Step one...

Red: So, now let's listen carefully....

Spongebob narrator voice:
Two hours later...

Rose: Now you are fully wolf.

Red: That was easy. Even if I hate being such a filthy beast, let's listen for the right moment to show this strange buttler my perfect transformation. I am no idiot!

Rose: To turn back you'll need a mana cristal.

Raine: But I have none. And the last we had in our group are empty.

Rose: No problem, I brought the last one I have in the estates storrage. It is enough to turn you back, and I am human, who would need a mana now anyway?

Red: Oh, [censored]...

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#12 Post by AmigaDragon »

Tetrahedron wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:56 pm Please let this happen:

The way I understand Rose's explanation of the family ability, she needs crystals to change (even from human back to keidran?) but Euchre and Raine don't (even from keidran to human).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#13 Post by Tetrahedron »

AmigaDragon wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:22 pm
Tetrahedron wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:56 pm Please let this happen:

The way I understand Rose's explanation of the family ability, she needs crystals to change (even from human back to keidran?) but Euchre and Raine don't (even from keidran to human).
Well, but this would destroy my joke.

On the other hand, Red sure has to use a mana crystal...

Warrl
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Warrl »

Let's see...

We know Euchre has a completely-keidran form. He was born keidran to keidran parents. But he has a talent for "perfect transformation" - so when he's in human form, he at least can be completely human. (Nothing I see says he couldn't have in-between forms.)

He also has a gift that lets him do that particular magic, while in keidran form, without mana crystals. Rose doesn't have this gift. We've seen Raine shift from keidran to human without crystals, so she has inherited it.

Raine also obviously has her father's talent for perfect transformation.

We have no reason to think Red has any such talent. Also he more or less flunked out of the Templar for insufficient magical ability. I would not expect him to be able to do "perfect transformation" - in fact I think that he'll stay mostly human, and thus not need mana crystals.

Fun to speculate about him being in that jam, though.

(I'm sure Sigmund's cousin Schaden would have something to say about our enjoyment of the prospect.)

Esn
New Citizen

#15 Post by Esn »

Warrl wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:12 amAlso he more or less flunked out of the Templar for insufficient magical ability.
Hm, seems more like he wasn't a very good student. More character issue than ability issue. He could probably be better if he actually put effort into studying.