Comic for May 4, 2019: Taking the First Step

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

Re: Comic for May 4, 2019: Taking the First Step

#16 Post by MuonNeutrino »

So, interesting note here. In the first panel, Rose says "For me, it requires mana." Buuuuuuut, I sure don't see any mana crystals involved here. I mean, yeah, we can't see both her hands the whole time, but she's got the curtain material in her right hand two panels before, her glasses in her left hand one panel before, and her glasses again in her *right* hand the panel after, so both hands were occupied at least part of the time. I suppose she could have pulled out a crystal in her right hand off-panel and then immediately dropped it or something, but I think this is actually another sign of just how 'integrated' into the mansion she is - not only does it give her sensory information and allow her to do things remotely, but it also can just feed her mana to allow her to do spells herself. (I'd also note that she didn't need to speak to summon things from the table, either - another example of mental control over the estate.)

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#17 Post by aitaituo »

What if her glasses are mana crystals? Or one is concealed under her hairpin?

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#18 Post by Technic[Bot] »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:05 pm So, interesting note here. In the first panel, Rose says "For me, it requires mana." Buuuuuuut, I sure don't see any mana crystals involved here. I mean, yeah, we can't see both her hands the whole time, but she's got the curtain material in her right hand two panels before, her glasses in her left hand one panel before, and her glasses again in her *right* hand the panel after, so both hands were occupied at least part of the time. I suppose she could have pulled out a crystal in her right hand off-panel and then immediately dropped it or something, but I think this is actually another sign of just how 'integrated' into the mansion she is - not only does it give her sensory information and allow her to do things remotely, but it also can just feed her mana to allow her to do spells herself. (I'd also note that she didn't need to speak to summon things from the table, either - another example of mental control over the estate.)
Rose is clearly integrated into the state but being able to tap into the building Central Mana Storage™ sound more like a common design choice for powerful mages. I think i is even more common on Keidran lands as they are bound to use mana crystals. So why carry your mana crystal around if you can tap at the building storage? In the case of human manors and castle I imagine is more comfortable to have a magic silo in the basement rather than wait for the local mana to replenish each time you do some experiment.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#19 Post by AmigaDragon »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:04 pmRose is clearly integrated into the state but being able to tap into the building Central Mana Storage™ sound more like a common design choice for powerful mages. I think i is even more common on Keidran lands as they are bound to use mana crystals. So why carry your mana crystal around if you can tap at the building storage? In the case of human manors and castle I imagine is more comfortable to have a magic silo in the basement rather than wait for the local mana to replenish each time you do some experiment.
Back at the beginning of the series we saw one of these mana silos, also on the basitins' island, though I think it sounded like they were more than just localized mana storage for the Templar and basitin magic trap.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen