Comic for April 23, 2019: Family Meeting

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Eclipse
Templar Master

Re: Comic for April 23, 2018: Family Meeting

#16 Post by Eclipse »

Welp, here we go. The long awaited meeting between Rose and Raine is about to happen.

Rafe
Council Member

#17 Post by Rafe »

BadJoke wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:03 pm ...Also I love so much how Rose's face is portrayed at the end of the page. How Tom did managed to portray so much (sadness, compassion, wisdom...) on such a little face is impressive.
Raine, on the other hand, looks a little scared and surprised, probably at how Rose seemed to show up as soon as she started thinking about her. She also looks like she's really seeing Rose for the first time.

One thing significant is how Rose seems to have stopped a good ten feet away from Raine. It's as if they were drawn together, but they're afraid of something - saying something, or learning something that should be kept secret. Both Rose and Raine have had very painful lives, and have had to keep some seriously dark secrets about themselves. Neither one seems to be the open or trusting type. They're both probably dying to open up to each other, but are also afraid of what might happen if they do.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#18 Post by SpottedKitty »

Esn wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:08 am Hey, Raine's ears went back to being human! (compare to the previous page)
Wouldn't surprise me if Raine was still a bit unstable and just hasn't noticed the change in her ears yet. :heart: :raine: :heart:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#19 Post by Elemental Templar »

Am I the only noticed that young Red kinda looks like Bakugou from My Hero Academia?

Also it doesn't help that they both have a penchant for blowing up their problems
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#20 Post by CrRAR »

BadJoke wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:03 pm...Also I love so much how Rose's face is portrayed at the end of the page. How Tom did managed to portray so much (sadness, compassion, wisdom...) on such a little face is impressive.
Tis a beautiful page... very nuanced expressions indeed...

I sense a wee bit of, "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

Mixed with a knowing sympathy for all the many years of isolated existence, "...I know it allll too well."

and the years of missed out auntie-hood, "...I'm sorry..."

...It's an existence both in the room have similarly shared... granted, at different stages of their life but I think these two have more in common than we may expect on the surface. Both have been deprived their worldliness a very long time for circumstances beyond their control.

This is going to be a very good discussion. *hunkers down for some weighty feels* ;u;
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

JohnTheWysard
Apprentice

#21 Post by JohnTheWysard »

No, Red. You're not good. SHE'S good.

Esn
New Citizen

#22 Post by Esn »

Unrelated to this page, but I had a thought.

What if Mrs. Nibbly has been controlled by Brahn's daughter since their first meeting, in order to spy on Group B? It could explain why she was terrified of being seen by Reni, who would immediately know what she was.

I don't think there's anything that would contradict this. It could even be the way that Brahn will nullify the Trace Mansion's "curse", since Mrs. Nibbly the squirrel is physically there by invitation, and perhaps the curse has nothing to say about whether the body is controlled by a mind that's somewhere else.

It wouldn't even be inconsistent with the current side-comic on Patreon (in which Brahn's daughter is perhaps using Mrs. Nibbly's new body to experiment with romance a little bit. Mrs. Nibbly's actions in that side-comic would be weird if Mrs. Nibbly was actually Euchre, which was my original theory).

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#23 Post by AmigaDragon »

Esn wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:47 am Unrelated to this page, but I had a thought.

What if Mrs. Nibbly has been controlled by Brahn's daughter since their first meeting, in order to spy on Group B? It could explain why she was terrified of being seen by Reni, who would immediately know what she was.
I think every time we've seen animals being used like that, we've seen their eyes glowing (wouldn't be seen by most characters). We've never seen this on Nibbly.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#24 Post by SpottedKitty »

AmigaDragon wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:09 am
Esn wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:47 am What if Mrs. Nibbly has been controlled by Brahn's daughter since their first meeting, in order to spy on Group B? It could explain why she was terrified of being seen by Reni, who would immediately know what she was.
I think every time we've seen animals being used like that, we've seen their eyes glowing (wouldn't be seen by most characters). We've never seen this on Nibbly.
<nod> That makes sense. But... have we seen an in-plot explanation yet for that little smile she had when Group A turned up among the crowd watching Brahn speechifying? Was it just "now, will I tell Daddy all about this?" or something deeper?

Come to think of it, does she even have a name? I think we've all just called her "Brahn's daughter" every time.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Comic for April 23, 2019: Family Meeting

#25 Post by aitaituo »

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#26 Post by AmigaDragon »

aitaituo wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:32 am Her name is given on the wiki.
So according to this, her name is "Brahn's Daughter"? :mrgreen:
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#27 Post by TheMouse »

:heart: Ah, a dignified, mature red headed lady being all familial. Sets my little heart a-thumpin.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.