Comic for April 13th, 2019: Confidence of Fools

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Comic for April 13th, 2019: Confidence of Fools

#1 Post by tony1695 »

For a character who typically gets the short end of the stick when it comes to thinking, it's nice to see Red put two and two together and get a good answer.
And nice to see Raine is, for now at least, willing to push past the fear.

~EDIT~
Also, Tom updated the page as I was posting this, the "your" in the last panel was originally "you're".
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

Re: Comic for April 13th, 2019: Confidence of Fools

#2 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Raine is adoreable, as usual :)
I like seeing Red being a helpful good guy :)
And I'm *really* looking forward to Rose and Raine's interactions!

Eclipse
Templar Master

#3 Post by Eclipse »

Red is surprisingly smart here. I didn't think he would notice that Rose could also be Euchre's cousin. Also, Rose is certainly taking his advice in that last panel.

I'm wondering if Rose can even help her though. Does Rose actually even know anything about how Euchre actually does it? I'm not sure. She does know, however, that Euchre is lurking just outside the estate. So maybe, as much as she hates the idea, she would need to ask for Euchre's help? You know, now that I think about it we really haven't seen Raine interact with Euchre either, she's just talked about his past. That could also be an interesting encounter in addition to the long awaited encounter between Raine and Rose.

Panther
Merchant

#4 Post by Panther »

I have a great doubt about if follow Red's advice is a good thing ............................ :? :|
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Rafe
Council Member

#5 Post by Rafe »

Well, we've been waiting for this to happen for a long time.

I get the feeling that, while Rose has had to give Trace some details about her "connections" to the estate, she's still trying to keep him in the dark on a lot of things, as Euchre warned her. She may end up being more honest about things with Raine.

She's known who Raine is from the beginning, but has never mentioned her relationship to her cousin. So far, we have no idea why. Rose may be just being cautious about who learns all the knowledge that only she knows. It might also be that confronting Raine and having to answer questions about her past may be more painful to her than she wants to deal with. Keeping details of the past buried may be the only way Rose can cope emoptionally.

One more thing - we don't know if Raine knows that Euchre is still alive,

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#6 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Man, I don't understand how it's possible, but Raine just gets more and more adorable every page. :heart: If Maeve shows up here eventually like the title page suggests, we'll have so much adorableness in one spot it might create a cuteness singularity. (Would that make a strip with both Raine and Maeve the cuteness equivalent of the black hole picture from the other day - a image of a never-before-captured level of cute? :grin:)

Interesting note: so far, every time someone's mentioned Rose's name (specifically as 'Rose', not 'Roselyn'), she's suddenly appeared right after. I wonder if next strip those two will open the door to Raine's room and find Rose standing right outside. That would not only be amusing and cut out some dead time but also further reinforce Rose's air of ~mystery~, especially if we cut back to Trace at some point afterward and find her back there again.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by SpottedKitty »

Two big events here — the return of the <blarg!> sound effect, and Raine's revelation to Red that she has two wah. :shock: :P :roll: :wink:

I'm with Muon, it would be a fun gag to see Rose appear again right after her name's mentioned. Although if she says "You rang?" that might be a bit much. 8)
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#8 Post by Hulk10 »

I have a horrible feeling that if they do ask Roselyn she will not be very nice to Raine……….
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#9 Post by Ddraig »

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:41 pm I have a horrible feeling that if they do ask Roselyn she will not be very nice to Raine……….
I doubt that. Rose so far has been either exceeding professional and polite (including to both those she strongly dislikes - Euchre - and those threatening her with harm - random barnyard templars) or friendly. The extent of 'not nice' I expect to see from her is "I'm sorry, but I never really knew you and that was another life. I don't think I can be much help" at worst. Raine is still a guest to the estate Rose is seneschal to, even if she doesn't feel any familial connection.
What I actually do expect to happen is a friendly/helpful (even if she can't actually do much) reaction
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

JDEzekude
Traveler

#10 Post by JDEzekude »

Ddraig wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:35 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:41 pm I have a horrible feeling that if they do ask Roselyn she will not be very nice to Raine……….
I doubt that. Rose so far has been either exceeding professional and polite (including to both those she strongly dislikes - Euchre - and those threatening her with harm - random barnyard templars) or friendly...Raine is still a guest to the estate...
Indeed. Rose may have a chip on her shoulder for being left for dead by her own cousin (and I would too), but she doesn't seem like the bitterly vengeful type (unlike the late Albion Alabaster and Trace's past self). Either way, her grudge against Euchre could be her ultimate hubris. And, if Clovis plays his cards right, he may even use it to his advantage!

...I've been aching to see Clovis' dramatic entrance all day. And, when he finally appears, I hope he puts up a good fight, as a true villain should, even if it kills him!
JDEzekude

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#11 Post by Hulk10 »

Ddraig wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:35 pm
I doubt that. Rose so far has been either exceeding professional and polite (including to both those she strongly dislikes - Euchre - and those threatening her with harm - random barnyard templars) or friendly. The extent of 'not nice' I expect to see from her is "I'm sorry, but I never really knew you and that was another life. I don't think I can be much help" at worst. Raine is still a guest to the estate Rose is seneschal to, even if she doesn't feel any familial connection.
What I actually do expect to happen is a friendly/helpful (even if she can't actually do much) reaction
I hope your right.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by BadJoke »

Now it's official, they're my favorite couple. :redhair: :heart: :raine:

Next I would really like to see how Raine will influence Red. See how she supports him, put his views in questions,... That would be interesting. She's a very intelligent character but always lacks the occasion (or confidence) to speak up her mind, giving us little exposure on her inner world in comparison to the other characters. Time to solve this I say.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Rafe
Council Member

#13 Post by Rafe »

Ddraig wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:35 pm ... Rose so far has been either exceeding professional and polite (including to both those she strongly dislikes - Euchre - and those threatening her with harm - random barnyard templars) or friendly ...
Don't forget, There's also some kind of disturbing bad-vibe going on between Rose and Natani. Maybe this will be resolved somehow, but for it to flare up like this makes you wonder whether Rose has some very bad feelings toward Forest Wolves. Maybe there's some dark, painful reason behind it.

Kyrit
Templar

#14 Post by Kyrit »

Rafe wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:00 pm
Ddraig wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:35 pm ... Rose so far has been either exceeding professional and polite (including to both those she strongly dislikes - Euchre - and those threatening her with harm - random barnyard templars) or friendly ...
Don't forget, There's also some kind of disturbing bad-vibe going on between Rose and Natani. Maybe this will be resolved somehow, but for it to flare up like this makes you wonder whether Rose has some very bad feelings toward Forest Wolves. Maybe there's some dark, painful reason behind it.

That has to do with the side comic, The Dragon Masquerade, and as spoiler free as possible; they've met before.

Rafe
Council Member

#15 Post by Rafe »

Kyrit wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:49 pm
That has to do with the side comic, The Dragon Masquerade, and as spoiler free as possible; they've met before.
Natani might recognize Rose, but Rose has never actually seen Natani. If you remember, when they met before, Natani did not look like Natani. In fact, Natani didn't even look like a Forest Wolf.

More to the point I was making, Rose could very well have some very bad feelings toward Forest Wolves because of what happened later to her friend and protector Saria.