Comic for April 13th, 2019: Confidence of Fools

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Comic for April 13th, 2019: Confidence of Fools

#16 Post by tony1695 »

Rafe wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:17 am More to the point I was making, Rose could very well have some very bad feelings toward Forest Wolves because of what happened later to her friend and protector Saria.
That's actually a good point. Most Keidran would just blame Trace for the attempted genocide/increase in slave-taking, not caring for the root cause. But Rose, who was at Ground Zero, would know from Trace himself that a Forest Wolf Keidran fired the arrow that started the whole road down to insanity. And, by extension, whatever was done to her... She might not blame Trace anymore, given how different he is from before, but she might still (and likely does) have some innate distrust of Forest Wolves.
Though I have to wonder, a poisoned arrow? Now that I think about it, seems fishy. Mayhaps it was an assassination attempt gone awry in the worst possible way.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Eclipse
Templar Master

#17 Post by Eclipse »

Did we ever find out which Forest Wolf killed Saria? I know it wasn't mentioned in the main comics, but I don't read the side comics so IDK. That seems like something we should probably learn about at one point or another.

Kyrit
Templar

#18 Post by Kyrit »

Rafe wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:17 am
Kyrit wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:49 pm
That has to do with the side comic, The Dragon Masquerade, and as spoiler free as possible; they've met before.
Natani might recognize Rose, but Rose has never actually seen Natani. If you remember, when they met before, Natani did not look like Natani. In fact, Natani didn't even look like a Forest Wolf.

More to the point I was making, Rose could very well have some very bad feelings toward Forest Wolves because of what happened later to her friend and protector Saria.
To me, this looks like Rose could have at the very least gotten a glimpse of Natani. There's also the fact that Natani had to meet Saria looking like herself (who was quite surprised to see it wasn't Rose walking out). As such, Saria and Rose likely talked about what happened. Being that Nora was so close to Trace and Saria, I couldn't be surprised if it came up in conversation one day and she also further explained what happened. Heck, I'm sure the entire crowd would have wanted an explanation as to why some unknown Keidran walked out with the dragon mask rather than Rose, considering Saria asked in front of the entire crowd if anything happened to rose.

Of course, it's also always possible that Rose heard Natani's line of "Man… so much gold. I’m really tempted to pocket some of this stuff." considering Natani said it all out loud rather than thinking it. Rose has heard people mention her name without her so much as being in the room, so I wouldn't put it past her to have heard Natani's comments and decide to make it evident that nothing was going to be taken on her watch. The fact that it comes right after Natani very obviously realizing Rose is that snow wolf though does still lead me to believe that Rose knows. Guess we'll have to wait to see if they ever talk about it (potentially when Clovis shows up) later on to know for sure.