Conflict in Mekkan - What Do You Do?

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

How would you deal with the War of Mekkan?

Pick a side (e.g. Human, Keidran, Basitin, etc.)
11%
Take no sides
11%
Make peace between two or more sides
39%
Fight against all sides
17%
Do whatever I want
22%

Total votes: 18

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

Re: Conflict in Mekkan - What Do You Do?

#16 Post by Neptune »

I would fuse with the green baby and get closer to heaven.
Whoops! That picture looks a tad inappropriate. Also, let’s try to keep our posts on topic.
-Hayate
Last edited by Hayate on Sun May 05, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Suggestive/inappropriate image
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Taven
Citizen

Re: Conflict in Mekkan - Clovis' Imminent Fate(s)

#17 Post by Taven »

JDEzekude wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:14 pm
steelabjur wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:27 am
JDEzekude wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:30 pm ...Strengths can sometimes be weaknesses in themselves. Therefore, by using the Templar's strengths (e.g. ruthlessness, persuasion, deceit, etc.) against them, it should be possible to, at the very least, throw a spanner in their works.
True, if Clovis was exposed as working with the Templar, specifically Brahn, it could throw a big spanner in for both of them and might cool things a bit.
Hopefully, that will come after Clovis' inevitable defeat, if Groups A and B capture him alive for questioning. But, if he tries anything on Flora, Natani and/or Raine, he'll have everyone arguing whether or not they should detain him or put him down. That would be a considerable dilemma for both Groups A and B.

For example...

:flora: :natani: :raine: :Lynn:
He knows something about the Templar! We need him alive!
:keith: :redhair: :sythe:
You really think he'll tell us anything!? He tried to kill you! Let's end him here and now!

If Clovis does end up getting killed by either Group A or B, whoever kills him may be marked as a target for Templar retaliation, which could split either group apart! Nonetheless, that wouldn't stop me from ending Clovis if I were there, diplomacy be damned.
You know....this is SORTA off-topic, but I had a similar dream to this situation. I was actually along with group A, and just about EVERYONE sans :flora: and :kathrin: was injured in some way. I couldn't open my left eye, or maybe it wasn't there anymore.(After the dream I woke up to find out I was laying on my side, and kinda on my face. xD) I can't exactly remember what everyone else's wounds were, but yeah...just about all of us were f'd up. It was all because of this one guy, a Templar assassin, whom we managed to finally detain and cuff with magic dampeners...and they were arguing among the group if we should keep him alive, or kill him. I hadn't put my two cents into what the group was saying, but as I looked at everyone and how passionate they all were, this wasn't going anywhere...so I slid away from the group, picked up one of Natani's daggers and made my way behind the grinning [censored] of an assassin. I grabbed his hair, he managed to let out a yell of surprise before I slit his throat. The yell caught EVERYBODY'S attention and their eyes were on me, a mix of different expressions, but most of them definitely negative. I dropped the dagger, and let go of the templar's hair, and began to explain myself as I looked at everyone. "I know what you're all thinking. You're disappointed, or angry, or hell even scared of me now. But you've seen what that guy can do, if he got free, no doubt he'd try to finish the job, and looking at what he did to us, we wouldn't survive! Yeah, he was bound, in magic dampeners no less, but I couldn't take that chance of him getting free with whatever else he may have had in his sleeves. You guys have a beautiful thing going on, and I'll be damned if some Templar assassin messes that up!" Unfortunately, from there on in my memory of what happened next was...hazy. My dreams are often quick, but sometimes vivid.

JDEzekude
Traveler

Conflict in Mekkan - Hostage Dilemma Dream

#18 Post by JDEzekude »

Taven wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:06 pm...I had a similar dream to this situation. I was actually along with group A, and just about EVERYONE sans :flora: and :kathrin: was injured in some way. I couldn't open my left eye, or maybe it wasn't there anymore.(After the dream I woke up to find out I was laying on my side, and kinda on my face. xD) I can't exactly remember what everyone else's wounds were, but yeah...just about all of us were f'd up. It was all because of this one guy, a Templar assassin, whom we managed to finally detain and cuff with magic dampeners...and they were arguing among the group if we should keep him alive, or kill him. I hadn't put my two cents into what the group was saying, but as I looked at everyone and how passionate they all were, this wasn't going anywhere...so I slid away from the group, picked up one of Natani's daggers and made my way behind the grinning [censored] of an assassin. I grabbed his hair, he managed to let out a yell of surprise before I slit his throat. The yell caught EVERYBODY'S attention and their eyes were on me, a mix of different expressions, but most of them definitely negative. I dropped the dagger, and let go of the templar's hair, and began to explain myself as I looked at everyone. "I know what you're all thinking. You're disappointed, or angry, or hell even scared of me now. But you've seen what that guy can do, if he got free, no doubt he'd try to finish the job, and looking at what he did to us, we wouldn't survive! Yeah, he was bound, in magic dampeners no less, but I couldn't take that chance of him getting free with whatever else he may have had in his sleeves. You guys have a beautiful thing going on, and I'll be damned if some Templar assassin messes that up!"
I don't think this is off-topic at all. It sounds as if you experienced this hypothetical situation for yourself in your dreams, which I believe is a blessing! In fact, I'm pretty sure a similar situation like this happened once or twice before in the webcomic, though I won't mention for spoiler purposes.
JDEzekude