The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kyrit
Templar

Re: Comic for April 6th, 2019: Raine's Fears

#16 Post by Kyrit »

Panther wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:25 am
Kyrit wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:23 am
Panther wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:20 am I remember the first day she's removed/lost her collar : she's become a keidran . That means (for me) her main form is keidran , but hidden in an human form by the spell .............. Now , she wants to be still human and denies her natural form : that creates problems in her . She has just to accept who and what she's to resolve all
Tom's said before, and even put in the new character sheet for her that her primary form, natural born form, is human. This is even emphasized by the fact that when she blew all her mana reserves blasting Carver off to the Basitin Isles she reverted to human form. If wolf was her main form it wouldn't have happened that way.
Raine changes before to push Carver away ; maybe because humans doesn't need of crystals to use magic , oppositely to keidrans ? (Carver says it himself) . But well
So ? Do we have to understand that there is a "wild magic" morphing automatically Raine in a keidran form as soon as she removes her (protective ?) collar .......... :|
Tom notes that her shifting is based on emotion, so I wouldn't call it wild magic. I'd call it "I believe that without this magic suppressor I can't control my form," which means she ends up taking the form she herself thinks she's going to take. In her mind she doesn't have a choice, which with her magic being so strong lends itself to, as she thinks, not having a choice. If they can get her to legitimately change her mind and truly believe, without stressing about it, that she can control her own magic she'll learn that it is a choice she definitely has.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#17 Post by Warrl »

As an aside, I guess even Raine is a tiny bit racist deep deep down. She's friendly with Keidren but being one seems to be something that would ruin her life in her opinion. Understandable given her upbringing.
Understandable given her observation of the society she lives in. One doesn't have to dislike a certain race to recognize that society disproportionately and unfairly dumps [censored] on that race.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#18 Post by Elemental Templar »

Warrl wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:22 am
As an aside, I guess even Raine is a tiny bit racist deep deep down. She's friendly with Keidren but being one seems to be something that would ruin her life in her opinion. Understandable given her upbringing.
Understandable given her observation of the society she lives in. One doesn't have to dislike a certain race to recognize that society disproportionately and unfairly dumps [censored] on that race.
Seriously doubt that Raine harbors any racism given how she's kinda the Heart of the B-Group; It's more likely a deep sense of self-loathing, given her finding out about her mixed breed heritage and her parents relationship in the worst ways possible.
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Ddraig
Templar Master

#19 Post by Ddraig »

Elemental Templar wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:48 pm
Warrl wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:22 am
Seriously doubt that Raine harbors any racism given how she's kinda the Heart of the B-Group; It's more likely a deep sense of self-loathing, given her finding out about her mixed breed heritage and her parents relationship in the worst ways possible.
Personally, I lean more toward that she just really doesn't like the lack of control (and suddenly being turned into something else against her will is bad, but being turned into a partial something else is worse). She doesn't seem to dislike keidran any so I doubt that's the primary reason. Perhaps she's worried that she'll be called a freak if she half-changes in sight of others.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#20 Post by AmigaDragon »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:01 am If i remember correctly it has been hinted that Raine was born a Keidran and shifted shortly aftewards into a human
That is from her own telling of her backstory. She doesn't know if she was born human and changed or born keidran.
Kyrit wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:23 am Tom's said before, and even put in the new character sheet for her that her primary form, natural born form, is human. This is even emphasized by the fact that when she blew all her mana reserves blasting Carver off to the Basitin Isles she reverted to human form.
While emotion has usually sapped her of control over her shape (without the suppresser), in this instance it gave her hyper control. It also may have been a factor in pushing through the suppression to teleport.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen