Comic for March 30, 2019: Imbalanced

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

Comic for March 30, 2019: Imbalanced

#1 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Tom's Twitter post:
[Comic][1060] "Imbalanced" Raine's having a bit of trouble. http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/1060/

-----------------------------------------------

so I've never *created* one of these threads for the comic before... but I'm sitting around for 30 minutes after the comic has come out and still nobody has made one... so I'm gonna be brave and try it :P

I assume when Red is saying "Fleabags... Raine..." he's "flipping up" between the con of there being Keidran there vs the pro of Raine being there, as opposed to associating "fleabags" with "Raine".
Also yeah... poor Raine :(. Having your body do things that you can't control really really sucks. Just ask Natani.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Comic for March 30, 2019: Imbalanced

#2 Post by tony1695 »

Well, this is an interesting partial transformation here. You usually see it where the top and bottom half are different, not split down the middle and alternating sides in the process. And given how digitigrade legs work, wouldn't her current predicament make walking difficult?
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by BadJoke »

I don't know about you but I find those two really adorable together. They're so clumsy, and both so naive (each in its own way).

Also panel 4th is [database error] taking another massive step towards his complete transformation into Shaggy from scooby doo (seriously, that's not how humans are supposed to be standing up :grin: ).
tony1695 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:12 amAnd given how digitigrade legs work, wouldn't her current predicament make walking difficult?
Surely, which would be interesting to explore, as it would be a look into the really impractical aspects of her condition (beyond how the others see her).
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#4 Post by IHeartMaeve »

So... Seems as though my theory about the rules being tweaked giving Raine more control over her transformation has just lost some credibility... But one can dream, right? (Sleepwalking joke not intended at all, I swear.)
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Warrl
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Warrl »

Raine doesn't need a tweak to the rules to get more control. She just needs training.

As for walking in a vertical half-keidran form, she managed to get to the door. It might be easier if she walks digitigrade on both sides. Yeah, humans can walk digitigrade - in the context I'm most familiar with, it's called "demi-pointe". Real canines have the same leg parts as humans, except for one toe; they just have different proportions in the parts, and what some people think is a backward knee is actually their ankle which bends pretty much the same way yours does.

(Those different proportions will likely still cause some awkwardness, but probably not as much as walking digitigrade on one leg and plantigrade on the other.)

* Keidran - and basitin - have four fingers and a thumb, but apparently only four toes.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#6 Post by Hayate »

Wow, it must be difficult and disorienting trying to walk around like that... Poor Raine...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#7 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Raine wrote: It's as if spending so long in wolf form made it used to being out, and its trying to get out again.
Ok is it just me misunderstanding the speech bubble or does that implies Wolf-Raine is not the same person as Human-Raine? Because that would be a bit creepy and scary.
Anyhow I imagine half & half Raine come out again to give her a Rose something to bond at. Rose is her aunt and she can probably teach her how to control magic and her body. As the resident magical butler i think she has an idea or two about transformation magic.
And I agree poor Raine: having different sized legs will end up being quite painful on the long run. Hopefully she will "stabilize" before that.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by aitaituo »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:25 am
Raine wrote: It's as if spending so long in wolf form made it used to being out, and its trying to get out again.
Ok is it just me misunderstanding the speech bubble or does that implies Wolf-Raine is not the same person as Human-Raine? Because that would be a bit creepy and scary.
No, it's normal (in English at least) to talk about aspects of yourself as though they were separate from you. Red might say his bigotry was trying to get out in the first panel.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#9 Post by Elemental Templar »

aitaituo wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:30 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:25 am
No, it's normal (in English at least) to talk about aspects of yourself as though they were separate from you. Red might say his bigotry was trying to get out in the first panel.
To elaborate a little further it's kinda like how people with split-personalities that they try to keep in check; the second they their control slip the alternate persona goes nuts with it's newfound freedom. Kinda like in Elfen Lied (minus the whole slaughtering people in seconds)
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#10 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Warrl wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:27 pm Raine doesn't need a tweak to the rules to get more control. She just needs training.
Well, what I meant was that at the time of her conception, hybrids were impossible unless one... "cheated," shall we say, by shapeshifting (which was the case with Euchre, in which Raine was apparently cursed with a lack of control over her shifting powers), and that Neutral's alteration to the rules allowing Trace and Flora's child would lift the aforementioned curse. So, yeah. That idea backfired.

Also, forgive me if this is a necropost. It literally only just occured to me that the post I'm quoting existed, as the poster never quoted me and therefore never alerted me to their reply to my statement.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."