Comic for March 22, 2019: Relaxation Attire

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rafe
Council Member

Comic for March 22, 2019: Relaxation Attire

#1 Post by Rafe »

Well, let's see - Maren and Sythe seem to be getting along well (Were they in the same room?). Sythe has a Trace Legacy monogrammed towel. Maren has a Saria Legacy monogrammed robe. Mrs. Nibbly has her own attire. Raine is still Human, but is lurking behind a door for some reason.

[EDIT - New theory: Raine is trying to sneak out because she's not in her room, she's in Zen's room.]

Welsh halfwit
Citizen

Re: Comic for March 22, 2019: Relaxation Attire

#2 Post by Welsh halfwit »

I see Mrs Nibbly decided not to wait for the others? She's poolbound by panel #4.
Corp Davidstow. Don't mess with the mouse.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#3 Post by Eclipse »

Red has a one track mind... and I like it.

And yeah, Maren is spot on, hanging around Trace is nothing but trouble. Even if we didn't know Brahn was planning on attacking the estate I'd be agreeing with her.

IAMZID
Traveler

#4 Post by IAMZID »

Wait a minute. is this the fanservice ark, like in anime? *GASP* Is there going to be a volley ball game?! Please let there be a volley ball game!
i'm just a man.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by BadJoke »

Red's learning to handle his new "chin pelt" a bit better. He looks like Shaggy now but at least he's a bit more presentable.

Through he is still thinking with his sword. (Sorry, but someone had to do it, it was too esay a target.)

Maren is right. Nothing to add here.

Now, fanservice apart (which is nice too) I'd like to see how Raine will handle the mix of exposition and social exposition. It'd be an interesting development for her, and surely interesting to see.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

amenon
Grand Templar

#6 Post by amenon »

Rafe wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:58 am [EDIT - New theory: Raine is trying to sneak out because she's not in her room, she's in Zen's room.]
I thiiink she's peeking out of the door Red starts out facing? It is pretty ambiguous though, and doesn't really track visually. The fact that we see Red from a similar POV in panels 1 and 5 probably makes it feel like he's facing the same way, even though I think he's supposed to have turned around. (After first only turning 90 degrees to face Sythe... but I think having him side-on with both Maren and Sythe on one side would have made laying out the dialogue there awkward.)

Aaaanyway, assuming it is her room, I'm gonna put out the obvious guess that she's holed up because she's reverted to her halfway form. (As far as we know, only Red and Sythe have seen her like that. And most of the others only know her as a human. So I doubt she'd be eager to go wandering around.)

In other news, the twitter excerpt makes a pretty good wallpaper if someone wants to ship a certain two. (Though Maren looking at Sythe in the second to last panel with 'I'll take whatever I can get.' is a little oof :grin:)
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#7 Post by Hulk10 »

Maren looks sexy.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#8 Post by Elemental Templar »

IAMZID wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:03 pm Wait a minute. is this the fanservice ark, like in anime? *GASP* Is there going to be a volley ball game?! Please let there be a volley ball game!
Kinda doubt there'll be a Volleyball game due to the Lack of a net seen in the Oasis Room.

And as for why Raine's hiding I have three theories:

1. She's already wearing a Bikini
2. She's shifted back to her Half-Breed form (somehow?)
3. She's waiting for red to be alone she can finally give a definitive answer to when he asked her out.
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#9 Post by GaySailors »

Sorry, I couldn't hear anything you guys said over the sound of Scythe's abs. To quote a nearly six year old video...

phpBB [video]

Eclipse
Templar Master

#10 Post by Eclipse »

I doubt she's hiding because she's in her Half-Breed form. Team B is already cool with her being a Keidran so I don't think they'd have much issue and Team A consists of multiple Keidran, so I think she's past the issue of thinking people won't accept her. I think it's something else going on. Not sure what, but not that.

IAMZID
Traveler

#11 Post by IAMZID »

Elemental Templar wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:21 pm
IAMZID wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:03 pm Wait a minute. is this the fanservice ark, like in anime? *GASP* Is there going to be a volley ball game?! Please let there be a volley ball game!
Kinda doubt there'll be a Volleyball game due to the Lack of a net seen in the Oasis Room.
Who says that there couldn't be a volley ball net if they wanted? It's a magic beach room! (In stereotypical posh European accent) "Volley ball court appear." *Claps twice* *Volley ball court bursts up from the sand*

Do you see what I'm saying? Infinite beach possibilities, just like the summoning table.
i'm just a man.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#12 Post by Cosmacelf »

I think Raine’s just being shy. And yeah, Maren’s hot!

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#13 Post by Hulk10 »

Cosmacelf wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:03 am I think Raine’s just being shy. And yeah, Maren’s hot!
Yeah, Saria is or was hot too. I think Maren shouldn't have said ex wife when referring to Saria because they didn't get divorced. She just died.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Rafe
Council Member

#14 Post by Rafe »

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:52 am ... I think Maren shouldn't have said ex wife when referring to Saria because they didn't get divorced. She just died.
You're correct as far as the idiom goes, but strictly speaking, being a "late" wife (or whatever) also means you're an ex-wife. To paraphrase John Cleese:

She's passed on! This wife is no more! She has ceased to be! She's expired and gone to meet her maker! She's a stiff! Bereft of life, She rests in peace! Her metabolic processes are now history! She's off the twig! She's kicked the bucket, She's shuffled off this mortal coil, rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-WIFE!!

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by TheMouse »

Rafe wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:40 am
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:52 am ... I think Maren shouldn't have said ex wife when referring to Saria because they didn't get divorced. She just died.
You're correct as far as the idiom goes, but strictly speaking, being a "late" wife (or whatever) also means you're an ex-wife. To paraphrase John Cleese:

She's passed on! This wife is no more! She has ceased to be! She's expired and gone to meet her maker! She's a stiff! Bereft of life, She rests in peace! Her metabolic processes are now history! She's off the twig! She's kicked the bucket, She's shuffled off this mortal coil, rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-WIFE!!
Kind of don't think taking a comedian's routine as a basis for colloquial usage is a good plan.

On topic, Sythe and Maren are absolutely a thing.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.