Comic for March 22, 2019: Relaxation Attire

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

military577

Re: Comic for March 22, 2019: Relaxation Attire

#16 Post by military577 »

Y'all notice..... Maren's Blushin' a lil.... Keepin' her eyes away from Sythe...

If the fanservice and sketches weren't enough.... 950 gives another lil' blush

http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/950/

I'm interested. :maren: :heart: :sythe:
I have a sneaking suspicion that Euchre is going to backstab everybody...
Also :keith: for the win.
... And don't leave Sythe alone in the harsh world, he deserves some love too. :sythe:

Rafe
Council Member

#17 Post by Rafe »

TheMouse wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:41 am Kind of don't think taking a comedian's routine as a basis for colloquial usage is a good plan.
Monty Python may have been a lot of things, but their use of the English language was almost always very precise. It was one of the things that made some of their most awful characters funny.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#18 Post by Ddraig »

Rafe wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:46 pm
TheMouse wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:41 am Kind of don't think taking a comedian's routine as a basis for colloquial usage is a good plan.
Monty Python may have been a lot of things, but their use of the English language was almost always very precise. It was one of the things that made some of their most awful characters funny.
Very precise, but precise in the a literal definition instead of that bound by connotation is still precise. They also refer to rabbits as 'rodents' despite being lagomorphs, so maybe it's not 100% technically correct either
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#19 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Not sure whether I'd say calling someone's dead wife their "ex-wife" is technically correct or not. I can see arguments both for and against it.

Kyrit
Templar

#20 Post by Kyrit »

Trace plans to remarry, so yes. Sauria is an ex-wife.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#21 Post by aitaituo »

This is kind of a silly argument. Ex-wife isn't totally wrong, but it is non-standard. Traditionally, widows are not considered ex-wives because the marriage is not considered terminated. This is both in custom and law. Part of the reason you would inherit the estate of a deceased spouse is because they are still legally a spouse. If the legal relationship was terminated by death, you couldn't be a natural heir. Religions typically address the issue as well, some forbidding remarriage after divorce, but not marrying again after the death of a spouse. I've heard of ritual divorces for deceased spouses somewhere, but I don't remember the religion.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#22 Post by Hulk10 »

Well as far as I'm concerned ex wife is inaccurate due to them not having divorced. Yes its a silly argument but I was taking issue with Saria being called an ex wife as they had not divorced.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#23 Post by Cosmacelf »

Well if Sythe and Maren are a thing, at the pace this comic moves, I’ll be looking forward to the consummation of their relationship when I’m, oh, about 92 years old :D

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#24 Post by Insomniac »

Rafe wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:58 am [EDIT - New theory: Raine is trying to sneak out because she's not in her room, she's in Zen's room.]
Are you referencing...A certain fan comic where...Certain things happen in the woods? Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Phaing
Master

#25 Post by Phaing »

I literally had no idea who ai was looking at....
But then again, we have not been seeing a whole lot of Maren for a while now.

I think this party is a great idea, it is just what they need and it is also a very logical thing to have now. It may also be the only point in the whole story-arc that all of these people can be in the same place at the same time.
Can't wait to see how Flora's belly become the ultimate conversation piece.
(there is no way that could ever sound right, so meh)

And for god's sakes, can somebody get :natani: a magical hearing-piece or something that will let her understand Human-ish?
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

military577

#26 Post by military577 »

Cosmacelf wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:09 am Well if Sythe and Maren are a thing, at the pace this comic moves, I’ll be looking forward to the consummation of their relationship when I’m, oh, about 92 years old :D
The unfortunate thing is..... you aren't wrong....

and I'm just less than a month older than the comic is..... so... at least I got a head start.

It was only when he started up that patreon of his when it got this slow...... so... take your pick...
I have a sneaking suspicion that Euchre is going to backstab everybody...
Also :keith: for the win.
... And don't leave Sythe alone in the harsh world, he deserves some love too. :sythe:

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#27 Post by CrRAR »

amenon wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:47 pmIn other news, the twitter excerpt makes a pretty good wallpaper if someone wants to ship a certain two. (Though Maren looking at Sythe in the second to last panel with 'I'll take whatever I can get.' is a little oof :grin:)
I second this sentiment, an excellent enhanced snippet it makes, indeed.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#28 Post by Neutral Smith »

I wonder how Trace would react when he sees Maren like this.

It is not a proper way to wear a bathrobe, especially not Saria's robe, and the way Maren wears it makes it look like she had a second job at the tavern.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Phaing
Master

#29 Post by Phaing »

Neutral Smith wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:45 pm .....

It is not a proper way to wear a bathrobe, especially not Saria's robe, and the way Maren wears it makes it look like she had a second job at the tavern.
Jeez... Puritanical much?

I doubt that Trace remembers what his late wife had in her wardrobe any better than he remembers anything else.

Also, in a pre-industrial setting, I doubt there would be any sort of swimwear, you just go in the buff. Stuff like Lycra, nylon and Bikinis are a long way off when the most complex bit of machinery is a windmill.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#30 Post by aitaituo »

Phaing wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:05 am
Neutral Smith wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:45 pm .....

Jeez... Puritanical much?

Also, in a pre-industrial setting, I doubt there would be any sort of swimwear, you just go in the buff. Stuff like Lycra, nylon and Bikinis are a long way off when the most complex bit of machinery is a windmill.
Ironically, swimwear itself puritanical and was developed by modesty minded Europeans in the early Modern period. Before that people swam in underwear or indeed in the buff. But a bathrobe isn't swimwear and few consider an open bathrobe proper.