Comic for March 9th, 2019: Roselyn's Spider-Web

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

JohnTheWysard
Apprentice

Re: Comic for March 9th, 2019: Roselyn's Spider-Web

#31 Post by JohnTheWysard »

Hayate wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:32 pm Oh, I’m really liking Rose now. That last panel is almost evil, she’s scary xD
I've known for a long time that you don't want to get on the wrong side of Rose.

Now I know that you really don't want to get on the wrong side of Rose!

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#32 Post by Hulk10 »

CrRAR wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:37 am
Hulk10 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:41 am Yeah this is a dark plot twist...….. I hope that "thing" isn't really a part of Roselyn...…..
...and yet... perhaps more than she, even now, knows.

Muah ha...
ha ha hahahahahahaaaaaaaa

ಠ_ಠ

*next panel* "Juuust ribbing ya again, heeheee, I'm gonna go tidy up all the living quarters, ta-tah~" *turns back to Trace*

"...or AM I?"

ಠ_ಠ
This is not helping.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

FishWeave
New Citizen

#33 Post by FishWeave »

I know a few others have have said this, but no part of the weird shadow resembles Rose. There are pictures of her hair let loose and it doesn't look like that in the slightest. Also, it seems so many are so spooked by the current page that they have forgotten that Rose has shown multiple times, like this example~ There she has an expression of genuine joy and embarrassment after trace knocks her out of the dark thoughts she had sunk to. Also, this shows Rose when she affirmed not considering Trace as the same person he was before the memory loss. What does this mean? She doesn't see him as the person she didn't look on with the biggest of favor. In this example just before that page, shes even laughing and letting herself loose a bit. It's very clear that she can tell that Trace is a different person now. Also, might I add that it also shows highlights in her eyes in both of those pages. I think her shines vanish not because of the connection to the house, but due to how often she is distant from her own emotions. The only thing new to her is data and more power. There's no evidence that her emotions have been tampered with, only that she has lived a long life, much of it in isolation. She already knew what Trace did in the past, otherwise she wouldn't have called him a tyrant previously, nor laughed at the irony.

Panther
Merchant

#34 Post by Panther »

FishWeave wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:33 am I know a few others have have said this, but no part of the weird shadow resembles Rose. There are pictures of her hair let loose and it doesn't look like that in the slightest.
For the hairs , remember she was young when caught : http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/724/
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

FishWeave
New Citizen

#35 Post by FishWeave »

We may only see its hair twice, but comparing that with young Roses hair? I don't see the resemblance.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#36 Post by Hulk10 »

FishWeave wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:20 pm We may only see its hair twice, but comparing that with young Roses hair? I don't see the resemblance.
Me neither.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#37 Post by Neutral Smith »

I keep saying Sirius/Master Spy because of
Rose had a reason.

Flipped for convenience.

But within the next few years we'll learn the truth :roll:
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

FishWeave
New Citizen

#38 Post by FishWeave »

Neutral Smith wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:06 am I keep saying Sirius/Master Spy because of
[image]
Rose had a reason.

Flipped for convenience.

The second clip of the things hair looks all poking up though? And shadows aren't supposed to show every detail.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#39 Post by Ddraig »

Neutral Smith wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:06 am I keep saying Sirius/Master Spy because of
Rose had a reason.

Flipped for convenience.

Ddraig wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:13 pm
Spoiler!
MuonNeutrino wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:22 pm Well. This is absolutely not good. :shock: Ye gods, old!Trace, what did you DO to poor Rose?!?!?! (;_;) (;_;) (;_;)
Starcat5 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:41 pm
Panther wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:52 am OK , well : Rose has now a full access to the mansion , and it doesn't seem to be pleasant for Trace's dark side . But why this fact makes the forbidden door opening ?

The thing hidden in should be Rose herself , connected to the estate with these tentacles ? This explain how she can appears suddenly when someone needs her or how she knows where each person is : she's a solid astral projection ............. Maddie has seen "it" before to be teleported ; maybe she'll reveal it later , even if it's only a private discussion with Rose
That is my suspicion as well. No wonder Trace's first wife was restless in her grave. :evil:
Yep, that's my bet too. I'd started to wonder about this possibility the moment we saw the rose patterned window back in comic 1048. It provides an explanation for several oddities regarding Rose that have cropped up since she showed back up. Not only does it explain her apparent ability to know everything that goes on and teleport around the manor at a whim, but also her being essentially locked away on magical life support potentially provides a rationale for her still being alive at all given that she ought to be over 25 at this point. (Assuming she even *is* still 'alive' in any conventional sense, anyway, things could be a lot more grim than that - see below.) Also, just from the current comic, if you look closely at the panel looking into the open doors, Maddie's head isn't *quite* obscuring all of the figure inside - there's the top of a head of hair peeking out behind Maddie's head. And while everything inside there is red, that hair looks to me like a deeper red than could be explained by the lighting - like it'd be red even without the red glow. In fact, it looks to me like Rose's original hair color, and the way it's shaggy on top looks like her original hairstyle too - compare with the bottom left panel here. And, of course, there's that signature rose petal motif in those panels.
The top of the figure's head looks similar to Rose's original hairstyle, but the shadow only has a small offset at neck level that only might (in my opinion) be just large enough to be her braid at an angle. Personally, I'm more inclined towards the idea that it's not Rose. The hair looks more like Trace's to me, but the real clincher that it's not Rose is that the figure doesn't have visible ears. That rules out any of the Keidran races, leaving Humans and Lizardfolk (if they had hair). It may be some form of inter-race or spirit chimera, but if so, the head is human.
The hairstyle itself to me looks like it's also similar to Brahn's http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/906/ and... another human's who I can't place at the moment. It's a vague suggestion rattling around the back of my head like my subconscious is going "Ooh, ooh, you know this guy!" but I can't pin it down more than that.
So THAT'S who it was. That was bothering the hell out of me that I couldn't place him
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#40 Post by Hulk10 »

There is also the fact that that shadow doesn't have wolf ears.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#41 Post by Schrodinger »

Been a while, but I for one am fully invested in this new question of that exactly is that thing in the forbidden room. This conversation is veering into Warhammer 40K territories and I can't help but enjoy all this new speculaaaaation.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Panther
Merchant

#42 Post by Panther »

Hulk10 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:00 pm There is also the fact that that shadow doesn't have wolf ears.
Ears can be down and hidden in the hairs . Or remember time has passed since the old Trace has trapped the victim in there ; enough time for wolf ears to be rotten ............. X_X

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#43 Post by Hulk10 »

Panther wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:12 am
Hulk10 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:00 pm There is also the fact that that shadow doesn't have wolf ears.
Ears can be down and hidden in the hairs . Or remember time has passed since the old Trace has trapped the victim in there ; enough time for wolf ears to be rotten ............. X_X
I knew someone was going to say that...…… But hidden in the hair? Yeah not really plausible. Possible perhaps, but plausible, not really.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#44 Post by Schrodinger »

Hulk10 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:25 am
I knew someone was going to say that...…… But hidden in the hair? Yeah not really plausible. Possible perhaps, but plausible, not really.
My takeaway is that Tom wasn't vague enough with the silhouette. The shadow has so much detail at the top he severely limits who or what it could be when it's true form is revealed.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Panther
Merchant

#45 Post by Panther »

Schrodinger wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:05 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:25 am
My takeaway is that Tom wasn't vague enough with the silhouette. The shadow has so much detail at the top he severely limits who or what it could be when it's true form is revealed.
So , well .......... The response is given by Rose herself : "- I am ...... integrated" . During our discussion when the forbidden door had opened to Maddie , someone had posed the theory of "tubes" linking Rose to each part of the mansion : seems he was right (;_;) (;_;)