Comic for March 9th, 2019: Roselyn's Spider-Web

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Re: Comic for March 9th, 2019: Roselyn's Spider-Web

#46 Post by Hulk10 »

I still have a hard time believing its really Roselyn in there. I don't know if old Trace was skilled enough in magic to pull off something like that.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Panther
Merchant

#47 Post by Panther »

Hulk10 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:02 am I still have a hard time believing its really Roselyn in there. I don't know if old Trace was skilled enough in magic to pull off something like that.
Rose's comments in the fifth panel
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Ddraig
Templar Master

#48 Post by Ddraig »

Panther wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:45 am
Hulk10 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:02 am I still have a hard time believing its really Roselyn in there. I don't know if old Trace was skilled enough in magic to pull off something like that.
The line suggests it, sure, but the outline shown has neither Rose's hair nor her ears. Theoretically, it could still be Rose if she had incredibly unkempt hair (believable) and if her ears were back (less so). Ears back is a tense position. When the body is relaxed (e.g. the form we are shown the outline of), they wouldn't be held back. If Rose's consciousness is with her "projection" (assuming that Rose-as-we-know-her is one), then her real body wouldn't be tense. If that's not Rose - or even if the Rose we've seen is a duplicate and the silhouette is fully aware, after who knows how many months locked in that room they won't be holding themselves all prim and proper. That wasn't scared or angry pose, either, the other two situations in which the ears would be back.
Everyone keeps going "It's Rose!" but the silhouette just doesn't make sense to me if it were. Even Prim and Proper Rose doesn't have her ears back and hidden (Panel 7).
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#49 Post by Hulk10 »

Ddraig wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:01 am
Panther wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:45 am
The line suggests it, sure, but the outline shown has neither Rose's hair nor her ears. Theoretically, it could still be Rose if she had incredibly unkempt hair (believable) and if her ears were back (less so). Ears back is a tense position. When the body is relaxed (e.g. the form we are shown the outline of), they wouldn't be held back. If Rose's consciousness is with her "projection" (assuming that Rose-as-we-know-her is one), then her real body wouldn't be tense. If that's not Rose - or even if the Rose we've seen is a duplicate and the silhouette is fully aware, after who knows how many months locked in that room they won't be holding themselves all prim and proper. That wasn't scared or angry pose, either, the other two situations in which the ears would be back.
Everyone keeps going "It's Rose!" but the silhouette just doesn't make sense to me if it were. Even Prim and Proper Rose doesn't have her ears back and hidden (Panel 7).
And yet there is the very disturbing possibility that that thing in the room is part of Rose.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#50 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Panther wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:01 pm So , well .......... The response is given by Rose herself : "- I am ...... integrated" . During our discussion when the forbidden door had opened to Maddie , someone had posed the theory of "tubes" linking Rose to each part of the mansion : seems he was right (;_;) (;_;)
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#51 Post by Hulk10 »

Lordadmiral Drake wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:23 pm
Panther wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:01 pm So , well .......... The response is given by Rose herself : "- I am ...... integrated" . During our discussion when the forbidden door had opened to Maddie , someone had posed the theory of "tubes" linking Rose to each part of the mansion : seems he was right (;_;) (;_;)
Just because she is integrated doesn't mean your theory is right. Its possible your right but I find it unlikely.

Panther
Merchant

#52 Post by Panther »

Hulk10 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:33 amJust because she is integrated doesn't mean your theory is right. Its possible your right but I find it unlikely.
For the moment , all seems to lead to it . But wait and see

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#53 Post by Hulk10 »

Panther wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:53 am
Hulk10 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:33 amJust because she is integrated doesn't mean your theory is right. Its possible your right but I find it unlikely.
Yeah. I don't agree with the all seems to lead to it but we will see.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#54 Post by Dadrobit »

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the comic threads lately, but it's high time I returned to post a one in a billion theory on the current state of things. :mrgrin:

Has anyone postulated that it might be the original Trace hanging up there? We know that Souls can be tampered with, so is it possible that to control Trace such soul magic was employed? Perhaps the reason "Good" Trace has no memory is that he's merely a vessel given form to hold what remained of the original Trace once most all the Evil was separated and trapped in that room? Conversely, maybe Euchre and co. extracted the Essence/Spirit/Soul of Evil Trace and trapped it there allowing the powerful body to only contain the good section of the soul? Perhaps the evil black shadow and remnant of Evil Trace is just a spot that was missed and is regenerating in a similar fashion that Natani has Young Natani trapped inside as well?

So many theories, so little time! :mrgrin:
Lordadmiral Drake wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:23 pm
https://i.imgur.com/6KZmGB8.jpg
Ohhhhh~ That brings back memories! Fantastic DLC, legitimately very heartbreaking on the reveal...

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#55 Post by aitaituo »

Dadrobit wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:48 pmHas anyone postulated that it might be the original Trace hanging up there? We know that Souls can be tampered with, so is it possible that to control Trace such soul magic was employed? Perhaps the reason "Good" Trace has no memory is that he's merely a vessel given form to hold what remained of the original Trace once most all the Evil was separated and trapped in that room? Conversely, maybe Euchre and co. extracted the Essence/Spirit/Soul of Evil Trace and trapped it there allowing the powerful body to only contain the good section of the soul? Perhaps the evil black shadow and remnant of Evil Trace is just a spot that was missed and is regenerating in a similar fashion that Natani has Young Natani trapped inside as well?
I think that's a new one. It would explain some things. Where does evil shadow thing come from? The evil part of Trace's imprisoned mind/body. Why doesn't Euchre want Trace to see what's on the third floor? Not because Trace might be inspired to follow evil Trace's black magic, but because he'd feel like an impostor and no longer be a potential puppet in the Templar power struggle.

DragnMastralex
Apprentice

#56 Post by DragnMastralex »

Every Rose has its thorns

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#57 Post by Hulk10 »

Hmm another version of Trace huh? Creepy.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#58 Post by Dadrobit »

aitaituo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:40 am
Dadrobit wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:48 pmHas anyone postulated that it might be the original Trace hanging up there? We know that Souls can be tampered with, so is it possible that to control Trace such soul magic was employed? Perhaps the reason "Good" Trace has no memory is that he's merely a vessel given form to hold what remained of the original Trace once most all the Evil was separated and trapped in that room? Conversely, maybe Euchre and co. extracted the Essence/Spirit/Soul of Evil Trace and trapped it there allowing the powerful body to only contain the good section of the soul? Perhaps the evil black shadow and remnant of Evil Trace is just a spot that was missed and is regenerating in a similar fashion that Natani has Young Natani trapped inside as well?
I think that's a new one. It would explain some things. Where does evil shadow thing come from? The evil part of Trace's imprisoned mind/body. Why doesn't Euchre want Trace to see what's on the third floor? Not because Trace might be inspired to follow evil Trace's black magic, but because he'd feel like an impostor and no longer be a potential puppet in the Templar power struggle.
I feel that it perhaps could be taken as such. Euchre and co. excise the evil portion of Trace's soul and frees him. In the same way Natani lost the female portion of self, Trace loses his entire past, fractured and lost like Young Natani and with far less time to heal. But the question becomes: How do they store the Evil that's been excised? The answer? Rose. Rose's body is used as the vassal for the Evil, trapped within a body doomed to die young, and locked away in a magical fortress. As Rose's original soul cannot compete, the soul instead finds refuge through the connection to the estate and is made useful as a gatekeeper of sorts!

Note: I hold next to zero conviction that that is the way things are going to pan out, but it would maybe start working towards cleaning up some of those old loose ends from the early chapters? :mrgrin:

Panther
Merchant

#59 Post by Panther »

OK , guys ; i offer to all of you to go to Tom's house : to make a sit-in around and stop him to go out until he reveals the truth about it :twisted: :mrgreen:

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#60 Post by SpottedKitty »

Panther wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:53 am
Looking back a few pages, I got the impression Maddie actually saw whatever was on the other side of the opening doors. Did she get a good enough look, or was she still half-knocked-out, or did the sight make her lose a few SAN points...?
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery