The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

amenon
Grand Templar

Comic for February 16th, 2019: Outside World Lesson One: Emotional Support

#1 Post by amenon »

(Sketch)

(Twitter wallpaper)

Karen is two for two on very timely hugs.

That's a good stat to have.

Beautiful page, Tom.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Eclipse
Templar Master

Re: Comic for February 16th, 2019: Outside World Lesson One: Emotional Support

#2 Post by Eclipse »

Maddie, you're about to learn just how prudish Basitins really are. Maybe to Basitins that's not appropriate but you definitely needed that.

AngelLilly

#3 Post by AngelLilly »

I'm returning to the forums just to say that I ship this now, I was already starting to but this is the final straw. Thanks, Tom! :Maddie: :heart: :karen:

Panther
Merchant

#4 Post by Panther »

Sadly cute or cutely sad , as you want :heart:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

vevans0009
New Citizen

#5 Post by vevans0009 »

8>

Tyger42
Apprentice

#6 Post by Tyger42 »

Ship confirmed!

Okay, no, but it is adorable and I certainly wouldn't object if it was confirmed.

SangheiliSpecOp
Traveler

#7 Post by SangheiliSpecOp »

I never really post here but theres just something about a good huggy page that you have to love :heart:

I didn't really have shipping in mind when I read this one but I can see it :D

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#8 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Well, it seems like Karen heard all of us saying that Maddie needed a hug, even across the dimensional barriers. I wonder if that's what the antennae are for? :grin: Needless to say, I am fully in favor of this cuteness. Just don't squeeze too hard there, Karen - she may be a tough-as-nails basitin, but bruised ribs still hurt!

It seems basitin society could stand to learn a few things from 'outsiders'. It's understandable given their overall attitudes and psychology, but denying any chance of exchanging physical comfort is a pretty big deal. As much as their society likes to pretend, basitin aren't emotionless robots. Sometimes people just need a hug! Of course, it probably helps that Karen isn't a basitin; I'm sure Maddie would be even more freaked out at that coming from someone she'd be expecting to behave 'properly'.

Anyway, it's been said already, but man these three pages have had some *gorgeous* lighting effects. Similarly, the facial expressions continue to be amazing - you can practically see Maddie's lips trembling in that 4th panel. No earth-shattering insights there, I've just gotta acknowledge how good of a job Tom's doing here.

This feels to me like it might be the setup for a scene change. I wonder where we'll go next - back to Trace and Rose? Or did Trace removing Rose's restrictions cause any changes elsewhere in the mansion that someone else might have noticed? Did the floors shake when the statue was being all smashy? Or maybe the next page will just be Trace and Rose showing up at the dungeon to let Karen and Maddie out. Whatever it is, I can't wait.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#9 Post by Technic[Bot] »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:22 am Well, it seems like Karen heard all of us saying that Maddie needed a hug, even across the dimensional barriers. I wonder if that's what the antennae are for? :grin: Needless to say, I am fully in favor of this cuteness. Just don't squeeze too hard there, Karen - she may be a tough-as-nails basitin, but bruised ribs still hurt!

It seems basitin society could stand to learn a few things from 'outsiders'. It's understandable given their overall attitudes and psychology, but denying any chance of exchanging physical comfort is a pretty big deal. As much as their society likes to pretend, basitin aren't emotionless robots. Sometimes people just need a hug! Of course, it probably helps that Karen isn't a basitin; I'm sure Maddie would be even more freaked out at that coming from someone she'd be expecting to behave 'properly'.

Anyway, it's been said already, but man these three pages have had some *gorgeous* lighting effects. Similarly, the facial expressions continue to be amazing - you can practically see Maddie's lips trembling in that 4th panel. No earth-shattering insights there, I've just gotta acknowledge how good of a job Tom's doing here.

This feels to me like it might be the setup for a scene change. I wonder where we'll go next - back to Trace and Rose? Or did Trace removing Rose's restrictions cause any changes elsewhere in the mansion that someone else might have noticed? Did the floors shake when the statue was being all smashy? Or maybe the next page will just be Trace and Rose showing up at the dungeon to let Karen and Maddie out. Whatever it is, I can't wait.
Oh no no they do not want to be emotionless robots, they are more like insects, bees and ants an such!
Crealy however made the Basitins spend a lot of time min-maxing their stats.
Jokes aside i do no think they simply shut down any show of affection, Maddie did mention physical contact is something only between family, partners and by extension close friends. Just not any stranger you meet while breaking an entering... That sounded worse than i imagined.
I suppose that Maddie has a very small family, it is unlikely we will get o meet her father for whatever reason and by being the Kings daugther and "a dissapointement" i doubt she has many close friends. So she is a very hurt child from a very touch averse culture with very few or none close friends...
Poor kid...

On the other hand i also noticed the ligthing. In my opinion one of Toms weakest spots was drawing interiors and landscapes, but i do not what he did but the mansion interior have kept getting more and more detailed and gorgeous.

Personally I hope we get to some some Raine and Rose, after all they are pretty much all the family they have left and could led to some touching moments.

On a last tangentially related note Maddie is making me feel old...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#10 Post by Hulk10 »

Oh this is too beautiful. So cute and sad. (;_;) *blows nose*
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#11 Post by Eclipse »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:03 am Personally I hope we get to some some Raine and Rose, after all they are pretty much all the family they have left and could led to some touching moments.
I'm also wondering when we're going to see Raine and Rose. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Raine finally finds out who she is.

Rafe
Council Member

#12 Post by Rafe »

Eclipse wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:04 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:03 am Personally I hope we get to some some Raine and Rose, after all they are pretty much all the family they have left and could led to some touching moments.
I'm also wondering when we're going to see Raine and Rose. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Raine finally finds out who she is.
Rose has known who Raine is, at least since Euchre told her here: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/1020/.

Raine knows Rose's story, of course (she was the one who told it earlier), but we don't know if Raine knows that this Rose is her cousin. She may have assumed that the Rose she was told of is long dead by now. That would make for an even more interesting encounter if it ever happens.

Panther
Merchant

#13 Post by Panther »

Rafe wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:11 amRaine knows Rose's story, of course (she was the one who told it earlier), but we don't know if Raine knows that this Rose is her cousin.
Rose being Euchre cousin (Raine father) , she can't be the same for Raine : more a sort of aunt
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#14 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Panther wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:52 am
Rafe wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:11 amRaine knows Rose's story, of course (she was the one who told it earlier), but we don't know if Raine knows that this Rose is her cousin.
Rose being Euchre cousin (Raine father) , she can't be the same for Raine : more a sort of aunt
Assuming that Rose and Euchre are "first cousins" (i.e. they have the same grandparents), then Rose and Raine are called "first cousins once removed" in English.
That is, in English, the cousins of your parents or grandparents are *technically* considered types of *cousins* to you as opposed to types of aunts/uncles to you.
In practice however, you tend to call them / refer to them as "aunt(y)" and "uncle" if they're from an older generation to you.

I personally would call my parents' or grandparents' cousins "aunty" and "uncle" when I actually know them personally, both to their face and when talking about them to other people. e.g. "Hello Aunty Caroline" and "I have an aunt called Caroline".
However, when refering to my dad's cousins who live in England who I have never met, I would just call them "my cousins in England", which could include people of my generation or people of older generations or both.
"Cousin" in English can be a general word to refer to *any* sort of distant relation, though usually a blood relation. Thus the sentences "Raine and Rose are cousins" and "Rose is Raine's aunt" both sound completely valid and normal to my ears.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#15 Post by Eclipse »

Rafe wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:11 am
Eclipse wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:04 am I'm also wondering when we're going to see Raine and Rose. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Raine finally finds out who she is.
Rose has known who Raine is, at least since Euchre told her here: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/1020/.

Raine knows Rose's story, of course (she was the one who told it earlier), but we don't know if Raine knows that this Rose is her cousin. She may have assumed that the Rose she was told of is long dead by now. That would make for an even more interesting encounter if it ever happens.
Well yeah, I know that Rose knows from Euchre, but I don't think Raine knows yet. For that matter, does Raine even know Rose's name for that matter or does she think she's some random snow wolf that looks familiar?

Also, it definitely will happen in this chapter as the title indicates, it's just a matter of when. Pretty much that and Maeve are the only things from the title we haven't really seen yet.