Comic for January 27, 2019: Lifting the Veil

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Comic for January 27, 2019: Lifting the Veil

#1 Post by Hulk10 »

Now this begs the question, what sort of creature was old Trace trying to make?
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

JayJayForce
Citizen

Re: Comic for January 27, 2019: Lifting the Veil

#2 Post by JayJayForce »

Bleh, haven't been here for ages, see by some miracle that the page isn't up and then you go and sneak it in while I'm bumbling about trying to figure out how to do it :nora: :P

But yeah, that's some Eldritch Genus Loci nonsense going on there. Even looks like she's got tentacles if you look at the shadow she casts. Some sort of spiritual connection to the building itself? Regardless, I'm not sure she can even be considered a Keidran anymore. Just hope it wasn't a mistake. Evil Trace seemed really adamant that he doesn't, but then again he's an [censored] so could go either way.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#3 Post by Hulk10 »

We don't even know whether that thing in that room is a female or male. We don't even know if its human or humanoid.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

amenon
Grand Templar

#4 Post by amenon »

So next page, Rose tries to kill Trace?
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

sotanaht
Traveler

#5 Post by sotanaht »

JayJayForce wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:55 am Bleh, haven't been here for ages, see by some miracle that the page isn't up and then you go and sneak it in while I'm bumbling about trying to figure out how to do it :nora: :P

But yeah, that's some Eldritch Genus Loci nonsense going on there. Even looks like she's got tentacles if you look at the shadow she casts. Some sort of spiritual connection to the building itself? Regardless, I'm not sure she can even be considered a Keidran anymore. Just hope it wasn't a mistake. Evil Trace seemed really adamant that he doesn't, but then again he's an [censored] so could go either way.
The shadow is NOT Rose. Something is coming out of the door at the end of the hall, and Maddie saw what it is. It looks more like Trace based on the hair. Rose most likely did not move at all, she teleported Karen and Maddie out of danger without ever leaving Trace's side
amenon wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:49 am So next page, Rose tries to kill Trace?
Not a chance. That thing that was unleashed, whether by Karen and Maddie or by Trace removing Rose's restrictions, THAT might try to kill Trace, or everyone but Trace, or worse. Rose is more likely to use her new unbound powers to mislead Trace, cover up certain bits of his past, maybe destroy evidence, or even worst-case scenario give some sort of object of power to Trace's enemies.

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#6 Post by ZeroJinKui »

...what the hell is going on in this page?
sotanaht wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:01 am Not a chance. That thing that was unleashed, whether by Karen and Maddie or by Trace removing Rose's restrictions, THAT might try to kill Trace, or everyone but Trace, or worse. Rose is more likely to use her new unbound powers to mislead Trace, cover up certain bits of his past, maybe destroy evidence, or even worst-case scenario give some sort of object of power to Trace's enemies.
you say "not a chance"... then immediately suggest rose will do horrible things and do her best to kill trace through betrayal?

rose really seemed to be warming up to the new trace... i highly doubt she is going to betray him at all.

if anything, she may do more to help him, since she isn't restricted anymore, and she has been fully convinced he is NOT the evil trace she feared/hated.
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by Hulk10 »

I do worry that the old Trace will resurface.

sotanaht
Traveler

#8 Post by sotanaht »

ZeroJinKui wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:35 am ...what the hell is going on in this page?
sotanaht wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:01 am Not a chance. That thing that was unleashed, whether by Karen and Maddie or by Trace removing Rose's restrictions, THAT might try to kill Trace, or everyone but Trace, or worse. Rose is more likely to use her new unbound powers to mislead Trace, cover up certain bits of his past, maybe destroy evidence, or even worst-case scenario give some sort of object of power to Trace's enemies.
you say "not a chance"... then immediately suggest rose will do horrible things and do her best to kill trace through betrayal?

rose really seemed to be warming up to the new trace... i highly doubt she is going to betray him at all.

if anything, she may do more to help him, since she isn't restricted anymore, and she has been fully convinced he is NOT the evil trace she feared/hated.
Refer to this page
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/1021/
Rose likely believes that covering certain things up is in Traces best interest, or at the very least most likely to keep him "friendly". What she believes is right and the end result of those actions may differ substantially, that's basically what I was saying.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#9 Post by BadFoMo »

So, this thing that's now potentially loose inside the mansion that's most likely going to go after Maddie first since she saw it (maybe kill her via her dreams if it's powerful enough and not mobile [maybe it'll go after Rose too since she now has unlimited access to the mansion]), I was originally going to suggest that if it wasn't for Trace's memories being erased by Neutral and his acting like more than just uncorrupted copy, this could be the original Trace Legacy, heavily corrupted by Dark Mana, and that the Trace we've been following is just a copy/what little humanity he had left which was ‘thrown away’; but as I was writing this, I seem to have thought up three new theories

1. Similar to when I was originally thinking, but it's the opposite. The Trace we've been following is the original and this creature is a heavily corrupted portion of himself which he locked away in case he needed it again for whatever reason. It might explain the evil shadow thing that's been talking to him.

2. Somehow, I don't know how, but that thing is Edmund Sirus Templar VIII's physical body. The only reasons for my suggesting this is due to similar looking haircuts, and his ability to be everywhere/shape shift.

3. This is his original attempt to bring Saria back to life. It may have gone horribly wrong, but he couldn't bring himself to destroy anything that looked like his deceased wife.

Anyway, did anyone happen to catch the first version of this page (…and the three pages before it)? I know this one was updated.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Titanium Dragon
Traveler

#10 Post by Titanium Dragon »

BadFoMo wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:38 am So, this thing that's now potentially loose inside the mansion that's most likely going to go after Maddie first since she saw it (maybe kill her via her dreams if it's powerful enough and not mobile [maybe it'll go after Rose too since she now has unlimited access to the mansion]), I was originally going to suggest that if it wasn't for Trace's memories being erased by Neutral and his acting like more than just uncorrupted copy, this could be the original Trace Legacy, heavily corrupted by Dark Mana, and that the Trace we've been following is just a copy/what little humanity he had left which was ‘thrown away’; but as I was writing this, I seem to have thought up three new theories

1. Similar to when I was originally thinking, but it's the opposite. The Trace we've been following is the original and this creature is a heavily corrupted portion of himself which he locked away in case he needed it again for whatever reason. It might explain the evil shadow thing that's been talking to him.

2. Somehow, I don't know how, but that thing is Edmund Sirus Templar VIII's physical body. The only reasons for my suggesting this is due to similar looking haircuts, and his ability to be everywhere/shape shift.

3. This is his original attempt to bring Saria back to life. It may have gone horribly wrong, but he couldn't bring himself to destroy anything that looked like his deceased wife.
Yeah, my first thought was that the thing is probably some attempt at resuscitating Saria, but it's possible it is some sort of Trace copy, or even some other sort of experiment (an artificial mask, perhaps?)

Trace seems like he was seriously bad news for someone who was only in his early 20s.

Panther
Merchant

#11 Post by Panther »

OK , well : Rose has now a full access to the mansion , and it doesn't seem to be pleasant for Trace's dark side . But why this fact makes the forbidden door opening ?

The thing hidden in should be Rose herself , connected to the estate with these tentacles ? This explain how she can appears suddenly when someone needs her or how she knows where each person is : she's a solid astral projection ............. Maddie has seen "it" before to be teleported ; maybe she'll reveal it later , even if it's only a private discussion with Rose
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#12 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Hulk10 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:27 am I do worry that the old Trace will resurface.
Speaking of which, I’ve noticed that it’s been, what, four-ish years since the Voice of Trace’s Past has cropped up in the comic?

Yeah, it last appeared on July 18, 2015, about... 11 days short of a full three and a half-year period ago.

Anyhoo, I like how Tom has a habit of waiting to revisit this minor “character” for extended periods like this. Good work, man.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Welsh halfwit
Citizen

#13 Post by Welsh halfwit »

Oh, this has the potential to come back and bite Trace.

Like Rose probably can now, too?
Corp Davidstow. Don't mess with the mouse.

Starcat5
Citizen

#14 Post by Starcat5 »

Panther wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:52 am OK , well : Rose has now a full access to the mansion , and it doesn't seem to be pleasant for Trace's dark side . But why this fact makes the forbidden door opening ?

The thing hidden in should be Rose herself , connected to the estate with these tentacles ? This explain how she can appears suddenly when someone needs her or how she knows where each person is : she's a solid astral projection ............. Maddie has seen "it" before to be teleported ; maybe she'll reveal it later , even if it's only a private discussion with Rose
That is my suspicion as well. No wonder Trace's first wife was restless in her grave. :evil:

Tyger42
Apprentice

#15 Post by Tyger42 »

Nothing to see here. Just Slenderman locked away in Trace's manor.