Comic for January 19th, 2019: What Would An Adelaide Do

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

Comic for January 19th, 2019: What Would An Adelaide Do

#1 Post by CrRAR »

Looks like we have a second causality. rip Karen's pinky. (;_;)

Yessss, yesss, scheme ALL the schemes Maddie. Just. keep. scheming. (plz) :mrgreen:
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Panther
Merchant

Re: Comic for January 19th, 2019: What Would An Adelaide Do

#2 Post by Panther »

Maddie , it would be a very bad idea to kill the guardian , for some reasons :

Second : it's just doing his job . Third : it's cute ............. But the first : Rose already won't enjoy to grab you here ; but she'll be very angry if you kill the guardian too ^_^"
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

amenon
Grand Templar

#3 Post by amenon »

Excellent frustration.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Diabolicon
Citizen

#4 Post by Diabolicon »

Yeah that's the problem with "What would <this person> do?" They might have vastly different capabilities than you so it's a useless train of thought.

Rafe
Council Member

#5 Post by Rafe »

In the classic golem stories, the golem is brought to life when it is given a "creation" inscription somewhere on its body, usually on its forehead. In other cases, a creation parchment, inscribed with holy words or letters is placed in its mouth, or in its forehead. The golem can be "un-created" by either removing the parchment, or changing or altering the inscription.

In one example, the Golem of Prague was created when the word "truth", emet (אמת) inscribed in its forehead. When it was necessary to un-create it, the letter aleph was removed, leaving מת (met), which means "dead", and the golem returned to lifeless dust or clay. Other giant automaton characters have similar vulnerabilities, like the bronze giant in the Greek Jason and the Argonauts, who had one vein running through his body, which the heroes managed to unplug at his heel, killing him. Maybe this stone lizard has some similar weak point that Maddie can find.

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by TheMouse »

Rafe wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:49 pm In the classic golem stories, the golem is brought to life when it is given a "creation" inscription somewhere on its body, usually on its forehead. In other cases, a creation parchment, inscribed with holy words or letters is placed in its mouth, or in its forehead. The golem can be "un-created" by either removing the parchment, or changing or altering the inscription.

In one example, the Golem of Prague was created when the word "truth", emet (מתא) inscribed in its forehead. When it was necessary to un-create it, the letter aleph was removed, leaving מת (met), which means "dead", and the golem returned to lifeless dust or clay. Other giant automaton characters have similar vulnerabilities, like the bronze giant in the Greek Jason and the Argonauts, who had one vein running through his body, which the heroes managed to unplug at his heel, killing him. Maybe this stone lizard has some similar weak point that Maddie can find.

If anyone could work out that kind of weakness on the fly, it would be Maddie. It's good that Basitin are made of sterner stuff, if Karen had taken that hit, she'd be down, if not dead. MAddie is hurt, but not enough to stop her.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#7 Post by stlsf4003 »

Real shame she's no where near as strong as her Mother.
Otherwise, she could indeed just punch her way out of this.
Rafe wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:49 pm
If anyone could work out that kind of weakness on the fly, it would be Maddie. It's good that Basitin are made of sterner stuff, if Karen had taken that hit, she'd be down, if not dead. MAddie is hurt, but not enough to stop her.
Basitin's maybe built like a tank but i think a cracked rib and a punctured lung might have taken a little bit of the wind out of her sails.
the lurking furry railroader

Warrl
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Warrl »

Rafe wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:49 pm In the classic golem stories, the golem is brought to life when it is given a "creation" inscription somewhere on its body, usually on its forehead. In other cases, a creation parchment, inscribed with holy words or letters is placed in its mouth, or in its forehead. The golem can be "un-created" by either removing the parchment, or changing or altering the inscription.

In one example, the Golem of Prague was created when the word "truth", emet (מתא) inscribed in its forehead. When it was necessary to un-create it, the letter aleph was removed, leaving מת (met), which means "dead", and the golem returned to lifeless dust or clay. Other giant automaton characters have similar vulnerabilities, like the bronze giant in the Greek Jason and the Argonauts, who had one vein running through his body, which the heroes managed to unplug at his heel, killing him. Maybe this stone lizard has some similar weak point that Maddie can find.
Then there's the guy in Ankh-Morpork who bought a golem (I forget why) but had the sales slip made out with the new owner being "bearer". When he was through with whatever he needed the golem for, he put the sales slip in its head.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by SpottedKitty »

Warrl wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:35 pm Then there's the guy in Ankh-Morpork who bought a golem (I forget why) but had the sales slip made out with the new owner being "bearer". When he was through with whatever he needed the golem for, he put the sales slip in its head.
<snrk> Bless you, Pterry, still able to make me laugh so long after you've left us.

Any idea which book this is? I have the one where a golem is first introduced as a major character, but I don't have all of them yet.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by TheMouse »

SpottedKitty wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:49 pm
Warrl wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:35 pm Then there's the guy in Ankh-Morpork who bought a golem (I forget why) but had the sales slip made out with the new owner being "bearer". When he was through with whatever he needed the golem for, he put the sales slip in its head.
<snrk> Bless you, Pterry, still able to make me laugh so long after you've left us.

Any idea which book this is? I have the one where a golem is first introduced as a major character, but I don't have all of them yet.
Feet of Clay, and it was Captain Carrot who gave Dorfl himself.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#11 Post by tony1695 »

TheMouse wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:58 pm
SpottedKitty wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:49 pm

And then Dorfl decided to become a copper and work to buy every golem in the city, and then gift them to themselves so they too could be free.

And Maddie, your mother would break that golem over her knee.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by SpottedKitty »

SpottedKitty wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:49 pm <snrk> Bless you, Pterry, still able to make me laugh so long after you've left us.

<headdesk> I remember the scene now.

Looking again at panel 4, I'm less sure that this is some kind of magical construct; it turned, glared at Karen and snorted before the tailswipe. It's acting very much alive (although maybe not so much in the way of thinking, except for how-to-squish-people reflexes).
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#13 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

SpottedKitty wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:02 am
SpottedKitty wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:49 pm <snrk> Bless you, Pterry, still able to make me laugh so long after you've left us.

<headdesk> I remember the scene now.

Looking again at panel 4, I'm less sure that this is some kind of magical construct; it turned, glared at Karen and snorted before the tailswipe. It's acting very much alive (although maybe not so much in the way of thinking, except for how-to-squish-people reflexes).
Maybe it's more like the golems in Dragon Age
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#14 Post by ZeroJinKui »

run... run WHERE, maddie?!

are you deaf? cause i recall basitins having good hearing, she said the path is gone!

maddie is really failing to live up to her mother here... not even just the strength and stature, but in the brains department, as well. :roll:
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

Rafe
Council Member

#15 Post by Rafe »

ZeroJinKui wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:14 am run... run WHERE, maddie?!

Guess you missed that.