Comic for January 17th, 2019: Between a Rock and a Lizard Place

#1 Post by Dadrobit »

Sketch Version

Yeah, just rub some dirt in it, you'll be fine Maddie. :mrgrin:

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Comic for January 17th, 2019: Between a Rock and a Lizard Place

#2 Post by tony1695 »

So, several cracked or fractured ribs, that's almost a certainty. The blood could be from simply biting her tongue, but it's probably more likely that there is some internal bleeding to worry about, especially if I'm right about the fractured ribs. Possibility of a punctured lung? And that impact with the wall, a concussion isn't out of the question either.

Maddie is in bad shape here, especially if the rock lizard is designed to kill all intruders, not just incapacitate them.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

trantor
Apprentice

#3 Post by trantor »

Poor Maddie,

now you see that your excellent skills could be still outpaced by other classes - like magic Lizzard Golems. I think now it is time for some external rescue operation.

NuclearBird
Master

#4 Post by NuclearBird »

Looks like well-honed skill doesn't matter that much in the face of overhwelming power.
Ouch.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#5 Post by Eclipse »

Urg indeed. This is looking ugly for Maddie, and Karen may be in trouble too at this rate. Better hope Rose comes soon.

Panther
Merchant

#6 Post by Panther »

Very mobile and fast for a "statue" ......... Now thinking to a stone dragon (or lizard)
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

trantor
Apprentice

#7 Post by trantor »

By the way - the yellow red background in Panel 4 where Maddie was hit by the kick, shows very nice the power of this attack.
We can be happy that maddie survived this and is still conscious. But I think that there is heavy - if not letal damage done to her without fast medical help.

xellos
Traveler

#8 Post by xellos »

This is gonna sound pretty bad...but I kinda hope one of them bites it here. Or at least gets injured badly enough that they can't continue on the journey.

It's just, the gravity of the group's situation is increasing as time goes on, but it doesn't always feel like the consequences of things are improving with that. The last time something really permanent thing happened was Zen's leg. And before that it was the Island arc. Which is what, nine years ago?

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#9 Post by Hulk10 »

Well I won't be surprised if Maddie dies from that. But broken ribs can be treated and people can recover from them.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Panther
Merchant

#10 Post by Panther »

trantor wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:10 pm By the way - the yellow red background in Panel 4 where Maddie was hit by the kick, shows very nice the power of this attack.
We can be happy that maddie survived this and is still conscious. But I think that there is heavy - if not letal damage done to her without fast medical help.
Remember that Zen got a sword through his body/guts and survived to ...........

Rafe
Council Member

#11 Post by Rafe »

Looking at the last few panels, Maddie was slammed into the wall, and ended up smacking face-down on the floor, stunned, for a few seconds at least. And given the speed and agility of that stone lizard golem thing, it has to be winding up to kill her right now, as in the next one or two seconds. If help hasn't already shown up to intervene, and get Maddie some prompt medical attention, then Maddie is going to be dead, and only some magic powerful enough to raise her from the dead will help.

We saw a situation like this before when Carver slammed Mrs. Nibbly into a tree, apparently killing her. Only this time, it looks like Maddie's could get stomped and slammed until that thing is convinced she won't move again.

I'm also wondering what Karen's last exclamation (Maddie!, Maddie!, Maddie!) echoing means. Maybe it was showing Maddie's near loss of consciousness, or maybe there's something happening to the space around them (again).

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#12 Post by stlsf4003 »

If that blood's coming from where i think it's coming from. I think it's safe to say that Maddie is in very real danger of not making out of this one, unless they get some kind of backup in there ASAP.
the lurking furry railroader

Panther
Merchant

#13 Post by Panther »

Rafe wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:53 pmAnd given the speed and agility of that stone lizard golem thing, it has to be winding up to kill her right now, as in the next one or two seconds.
I have to admit that it's the first time i see a dragon "statue" use karate moves (fourth panel) :Lynn:

Can we say that the guardian has made a "shove ro dah" to Maddie ? :|

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Dadrobit »

Nah, she'll be fine, Tom doesn't do character deaths anymore. She might be outta commission for awhile, but anyone thinking this is a death sentence hasn't been reading the comic for the last eight years. My money's on Daddy Lynn coming in to save the day! :mrgrin:

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#15 Post by Hulk10 »

I've been reading the comic for the last 8 years but I never know what Tom is planning. Nor do I presume to know his plans and thus I can't be sure he won't kill off Maddie.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.