Comic for January 17th, 2019: Between a Rock and a Lizard Place

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Warrl
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for January 17th, 2019: Between a Rock and a Lizard Place

#46 Post by Warrl »

Yeah, on the old version when I zoom in to the point that the comic page is about twice the width of my screen I can see a faint line that might be pink.

Anyone who thinks that's suggestive is trying too hard.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#47 Post by Hulk10 »

Honestly yeah that little pink line being suggestive is a bit of a stretch.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

themunck
Traveler

#48 Post by themunck »

I mean, as long as we're talking about when the comic is being implicitly lewd, here's a dragon obviously watching Trace and Flora having sex: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/342/
Here's evidence that dragons, in general, are not blasé about sex, indicating that Nora is enjoying the sight for lewd reasons: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/958/
And to top if off, here's a hint that Nora might have gone futher with Trace than just watching: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/402/

My ship of Nora, Trace and Sairia together shall never sink!

amenon
Grand Templar

#49 Post by amenon »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:43 am I probably would have never even noticed that have not know it was there. But once you see it you can't unsee it... Y sí ya me dio cosa
Machine translation isn't good enough to tell me whether this is a negative or positive connotation :grin:

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:43 am On the other hand It does seems you had a lot of fun back in the day. Also when you said:
Well, others did. I was still four years out from even reading Twokinds, and more from joining the forums or making noise. I just have some familiarity with the archives owing to various projects. (This particular thing I found when I was doing my analysis of visual changes in the comic after the archive update.)

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:43 am The little statistician inside me perked its ears and poke its head out. Sorry for the request but could you elaborate on what you mean by "being" the TK fandom?
One half of it going completely off the rails over an obviously irrelevant detail, and the other half going off the rails arguing with the first half over going off the rails. So not anything particularly susceptible to a numerical analysis, I'm afraid :grin:

themunck wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:52 pm My ship of Nora, Trace and Sairia together shall never sink!
What, no Rose in the mix?
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#50 Post by Technic[Bot] »

amenon wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:29 pm Machine translation isn't good enough to tell me whether this is a negative or positive connotation :grin:
I have never thought of using google translate on that phrase. And let me tell you: the results it is way off. However artificial intelligence has a lot of problems dealing with context and in this case it would need a priori knowledge of what I am actually referencing. So I am not surprised.
amenon wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:29 pm One half of it going completely off the rails over an obviously irrelevant detail, and the other half going off the rails arguing with the first half over going off the rails. So not anything particularly susceptible to a numerical analysis, I'm afraid :grin:
On the contrary Mr Agamemnon. Anything is suceptible to numerical analysis if you pay enough attention. Like in this case information like that can help me profile the fandom and perhaps even figure out just why is this thing so appealing for some people!
On that matter this correlates to my previous experiences in other fandoms i have been a part of. People obsess over little details especially if there is something even remotely sexy or inappropriate about it.
aitaituo wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:19 am Request denied. Your punishment is incarceration in the perv box until you read the entirety of the panel shuffle thread.
That sound a bit too harsh don't you think? Reading the whole panel shuffle I mean. The perv box is manageable.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Warrl
Grand Templar

#51 Post by Warrl »

I have never thought of using google translate on that phrase. And let me tell you: the results it is way off. However artificial intelligence has a lot of problems dealing with context and in this case it would need a priori knowledge of what I am actually referencing. So I am not surprised.
Earlier tonight I tried an online grammar-checker, Grammarly, on a sample of my writing. It found a bunch of things to complain about... mostly names that it thought were misspelled, or that it didn't recognize as names. (I have a character named Wing in the scene in question.) I was kind of surprised that it wanted me to change "Tell Al so he can..." to "Tell also he can..." - so I did it and resubmitted, and there was no complaint about it. Then I put it back, because telling Al something so he could deal with it was actually what I intended. Aside from names, it thought I had too many commas except where I had too few.

(ProWritingAid, even the free version, does much better analysis... but I find its output confusing and hard to work with.)

Ddraig
Templar Master

#52 Post by Ddraig »

Warrl wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:13 am
Earlier tonight I tried an online grammar-checker, Grammarly, on a sample of my writing. It found a bunch of things to complain about... mostly names that it thought were misspelled, or that it didn't recognize as names. (I have a character named Wing in the scene in question.) I was kind of surprised that it wanted me to change "Tell Al so he can..." to "Tell also he can..." - so I did it and resubmitted, and there was no complaint about it. Then I put it back, because telling Al something so he could deal with it was actually what I intended. Aside from names, it thought I had too many commas except where I had too few.

(ProWritingAid, even the free version, does much better analysis... but I find its output confusing and hard to work with.)
I haven't found anything computer-based that appropriately recognizes names - mostly, imo, because names are the one thing in English that have no rules whatsoever to guide how they look. I did the majority of my early writing (and current writing, now that I think about it) in MS Word, so I'm fairly used to writing in such a way that Word's grammar checker doesn't yell at me. I assume other online resources operate similar to Word's setup.
I do have a tendency to use commas more than most, though, which I've been trying to figure out if I needed to work on it or not
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Warrl
Grand Templar

#53 Post by Warrl »

I'm fairly used to writing in such a way that Word's grammar checker doesn't yell at me.
For me, that was "turn it off" - it was worse than useless.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#54 Post by Ddraig »

Warrl wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:01 pm
I'm fairly used to writing in such a way that Word's grammar checker doesn't yell at me.
For me, that was "turn it off" - it was worse than useless.
It's not that bad. IMO, it's one of the better grammar checkers out there. I don't always listen to it, mind you, but it does better than most others I've seen. Especially its spellcheck function
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Warrl
Grand Templar

#55 Post by Warrl »

Oh, MSWord's SPELLING checker is a completely different matter. It's good. The only gripe I have with that is that I need a set of custom dictionaries for THIS world and story, and an entirely different set of custom dictionaries for THAT world and story - and changing custom dictionaries is not a smooth and easy process.

I had - may still have somewhere around here - a Word2007 template which, among other things, manages custom dictionaries, keeping a list of them as custom properties of the document, and automatically switching when focus changed from one document to another or when a document is opened or closed. If I remember correctly, I allowed for five custom dictionaries - mostly because more than that didn't fit conveniently on the form.

It's the GRAMMAR checker that I found worse than useless.

But I don't do most of my writing in Word anymore. I use oStorybook - or sometimes Manuskript.