Apprentice

Re: Comic for January 5th, 2019: Trapped Room

#2 Post by trantor »

Nice magic trap :grin: One way ticket if you activate the dragon :twisted:

amenon
Grand Templar

#3 Post by amenon »

Panel two lookin' good! Even though there's a bit of a contradiction in the action between the tail swinging and Maddie bracing against it without ending up with the same momentum :grin:

And this is totally going to be one of those things where they juke it and it goes through a wall, isn't it? :P
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Panther
Merchant

#4 Post by Panther »

amenon wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:47 pmEven though there's a bit of a contradiction in the action between the tail swinging and Maddie bracing against it without ending up with the same momentum :grin:
I have a feeling that the guardian is just pushing Maddie and Karen away of the door : no mind to kill them
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Phaing
Master

#5 Post by Phaing »

So, the two voted most likely to get into trouble .... did.

Shocker, eh?

However, there is a window. 8)
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by BadJoke »

Weird. If the golem is here to protect the secret room... why is it the door leading awayfrom said secret room that disappears while leaving the other still accessible? It leaves an opening. And if there's anything precious inside and the fight moves in, the golem could wreck it all.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#7 Post by tony1695 »

BadJoke wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:43 pm Weird. If the golem is here to protect the secret room... why is it the door leading awayfrom said secret room that disappears while leaving the other still accessible? It leaves an opening. And if there's anything precious inside and the fight moves in, the golem could wreck it all.
It's basically a mage's tower. Odds are the door is reinforced and possibly enchanted to only open when the guardian is inactive.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

steelabjur
Council Member

#8 Post by steelabjur »

BadJoke wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:43 pm Weird. If the golem is here to protect the secret room... why is it the door leading awayfrom said secret room that disappears while leaving the other still accessible? It leaves an opening. And if there's anything precious inside and the fight moves in, the golem could wreck it all.
If Evil!Trace was smart, he magiced the door leading deeper in in such a way to keep it from being destroyed by the Guardian. As for the wall, my guess is that it's an illusion that's only effective if it's noticed. Maddie was focused on Karen, and Karen on blindly getting away from Maddie, that the illusion didn't effect them, now Karen is actively looking for a way out, it's a "solid wall" to her senses. A trap to keep intruders (and the Guardian) in close quarters when the Guardian is active, perhaps.

BinaryBlitz

#9 Post by BinaryBlitz »

Sky Shatter
Citizen

#10 Post by Sky Shatter »

I'm guessing that's a really effective perception illusion. Really effective or more thought-out than most authors would care to include if it works no matter what direction you approach it from.

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#11 Post by ZeroJinKui »

Goodness me, that was rather obscene and vulgar... ~Hayate
Last edited by Hayate on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Editing post to remove vulgar/obscene comments
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#12 Post by AmigaDragon »

Am I the only one noticing the strange lighting at Karen's dead end? The shadows on the floor indicate light sources around the corners of that missing intersection beyond the wall.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Panther
Merchant

#13 Post by Panther »

AmigaDragon wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:31 pm Am I the only one noticing the strange lighting at Karen's dead end? The shadows on the floor indicate light sources around the corners of that missing intersection beyond the wall.
There is a lamp above the door being protected by the guardian :laura:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#14 Post by Schrodinger »

Panther wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:11 pm
AmigaDragon wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:31 pm Am I the only one noticing the strange lighting at Karen's dead end? The shadows on the floor indicate light sources around the corners of that missing intersection beyond the wall.
There is a lamp above the door being protected by the guardian :laura:
Tells me that the lantern itself is important. The guardian might be animated by something in the room detecting intruders.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#15 Post by Technic[Bot] »

And yet again Tom surprises me with his thematic range. I am really liking the golem more "realistic", for lack of a better word, style compared to the rest of the characters and background and I wonder how a whole strip in that style would look.
Alas this is the first "action" scene I see while is still ongoing, after all i have only been here for a year. And boy who would have thought watching a figth scene at one frame per week would be this slow? *sarcasm*
Isn't it simply the evil reddish glow coming from evil-Trace's evil laboratory?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide