New Citizen

Re: Comic for december 22, 2018: Guardian

#2 Post by vevans0009 »

Is that a stone lady lizard?

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by BadJoke »

Dear Trace, you'll have to explain some of your "'decorating choices".
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Rafe
Council Member

#4 Post by Rafe »

The most amazing thing here is how, with Maddie and Karen obviously creeping around anticipating something possibly dangerous around them, that large stone lizard gets off its pedestal, walks about twenty feet right up behind them silently, and is only noticed by Maddie when she sees its reflection in the door knocker. (Take a close look at the third panel.) For Maddie, of all people, with her Basitin hearing and cautious ways, to have that thing sneak up on her is hard to believe. Probably some serious mind altering magic at work here.

The scariest thing is that, looking at that reflection, that smashing right arm was aimed straight at Maddie. No wonder Rose is worried.

steelabjur
Council Member

#5 Post by steelabjur »

Rafe wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:43 pm The most amazing thing here is how, with Maddie and Karen obviously creeping around anticipating something possibly dangerous around them, that large stone lizard gets off its pedestal, walks about twenty feet right up behind them silently, and is only noticed by Maddie when she sees its reflection in the door knocker. (Take a close look at the third panel.) For Maddie, of all people, with her Basitin hearing and cautious ways, to have that thing sneak up on her is hard to believe. Probably some serious mind altering magic at work here.
Especially with bits dropping off it, as seen in the last panel of the last comic and more in this. I could see it designed or enchanted to move silently, and it probably doesn't breath unless it wants to roar like it did, but with bits of stone dropping off on the floor from it moving, that should be giving it away. Also, did it "creak" on the windup to that swipe?

HSishi
Citizen

#6 Post by HSishi »

Rafe wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:43 pmis only noticed by Maddie when she sees its reflection in the door knocker. (Take a close look at the third panel.) For Maddie, of all people, with her Basitin hearing and cautious ways, to have that thing sneak up on her is hard to believe. Probably some serious mind altering magic at work here.
That girl is quite good - not everyone would see the reflection, especially after hearing nothing before.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#7 Post by CrRAR »

Great googly moogly... things got really real... really fast. :twisted:

Hopefully these two can evade long enough to save their own pelts. Basitin military training GO!
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#8 Post by Foxx Trotter »

IT LIVES! :mrgreen:

Yes, Maddie and Karen...you now have a formidable challenge.
Videre videnda.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#9 Post by Hayate »

Someone called this xD. The statue was alive and some kind of guardian... I wonder if Rose can even stop this thing, or if her only hope of protecting people from it was keeping them away from it...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Turaiel
Administrator
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#10 Post by Turaiel »

Please make sure to follow the appropriate title format for comic posts. I will be editing your thread to correct it.
Website Administrator

Panther
Merchant

#11 Post by Panther »

Turaiel wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:49 am Please make sure to follow the appropriate title format for comic posts. I will be editing your thread to correct it.
I've just forgotten the "nd" ; is this so bad ? I'll get an awful death for this mistake ? ^_^"
steelabjur wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:31 pmEspecially with bits dropping off it, as seen in the last panel of the last comic and more in this. I could see it designed or enchanted to move silently, and it probably doesn't breath unless it wants to roar like it did, but with bits of stone dropping off on the floor from it moving, that should be giving it away. Also, did it "creak" on the windup to that swipe?
According the second panel from end , it's breathing : just look at her nostrils
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Turaiel
Administrator
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#12 Post by Turaiel »

Panther wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:06 am I've just forgotten the "nd" ; is this so bad ? I'll get an awful death for this mistake ? ^_^"
It was more that you put a "Re:" at the beginning of the title and didn't capitalize the "d" in "December".
Website Administrator

Rafe
Council Member

#13 Post by Rafe »

Panther wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:06 am According the second panel from end , it's breathing : just look at her nostrils

It must be inhaling. It has to take a great big breath for that big "RAAAAAAH!"

We've seem some comic magical transformations around the Estate as security measures, but this looks like anything to be seriously deadly violence. We just missed having a dead Maddie on our hands.

leinglo
Traveler

Re: Comic for December 22nd, 2018: Guardian

#14 Post by leinglo »

I feel like Rose should've mentioned something about the big stone lizard-person that's really touchy about people getting near the door it's guarding. I know she said at the start that the third floor is off-limits, is this the reason why? Is this even on the third floor?

Panther
Merchant

#15 Post by Panther »

Turaiel wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:52 amIt was more that you put a "Re:" at the beginning of the title and didn't capitalize the "d" in "December".
The "re" wasn't my fact , and hadn't even noticed it . For december , it's a "classic" name in France ; so we don't put a "D" to . Sorry
Rafe wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:53 amIt must be inhaling. It has to take a great big breath for that big "RAAAAAAH!"
Inhaling , or snorting . Both are possible
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani: